RouseyGinaFan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Using you bodyweight workouts? BUDGET :/

Okay, I'm a girl on a budget (just bought a townhouse)and I am already joined at a muay thai gym. I only practice muay thai 3x times a week that will work with my work schedule but in the downtime I've been feeling super soft between training. So this is where I considered getting a gym membership BUT with the cost holy cow. I went to Gold for pricing and whoa jeeez it is hella expensive and the one I live by is filled with google complaints in being overcharged.

Is this where I try to do at home bodyweight workouts or go with the budget appeasing planetfitness? I was just told recently it is an anti lifting gym but can those machines still add mass? ? ? I mean I am not looking to lift 200lbs so will that work?

So my question is are there any good bodyweight routines to increase muscle size? Until I save up for a regular gym membership?

Thanks y'all

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There's plenty you can do for yourself without equipment or a gym that will be very effective. I dnk where you live but find yourself a local kids park. Pull ups from the monkey bars, plyo-pushups from the benches, a couple of laps around the bases or the park plus any other number of bodyweight exercises. Gyms are wonderful places but not completely necessary. Google bodyweight exercises and you will find tons of good workouts. Stay motivated!
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143102443

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ah yeah that is one appeal of PF, not even trying to be funny but I remember one out here advertising like $10 a month or something crazy. Well if you had unlimited choices I would definitely steer clear of PF but honestly it's better than no gym at all. Have you toured that particular PF to see what exactly they have at that location? Just beware you will outgrow it quickly and won't be able to deadlift BUT it's better than no gym. :/ Does that place lock you into a contract? If not maybe just stick it out there for a couple months and then sign up with a real gym.

Gold's would be one of my top choices, yeah expensive but worth it if you're someone who will use the pools, sauna, etc. Anytime Fitness is a good chain gym if you're only needing the lifting equipment, decent price, lots of locations.

As for bodyweight stuff yeah you have pullups, chin-ups, push ups, situps, that's about it.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

RouseyGinaFan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Thank you !

Hey, sorry for such delay. I appreciate both of your advice and will defiantly be on a googling misson. I had trouble on how to find my posts I put up haha, but I've got it now! and Yes gold's locks you in and when I called the the sales girl didn't actually even know the prices which made me cautionary about in investing my money in them.

They also are the only gym of that kind in the area. Winston-Salem is a larger city for NC but not really one that advocates a gym lifestyle. Which sucks! I am from Chicago originally and their used to be gyms on every corner! :/.

AshleyLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshleyLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshleyLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshleyLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshleyLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshleyLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshleyLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshleyLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshleyLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshleyLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshleyLD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am in golds and love it there. all the options are amazing

BUT this is pretty freaking awesome too! This site has an amazing amount of info people dont even know about

bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/saved/id/6599/main-muscle/abdominals-abductors

I hope that helps!
    Stay at home mom to 4 kids. Trying to get fit for myself!
    30.2 lbs down less than 10 to go!