Thread: Split after SS?

Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Split after SS?

I've done SS from December to May, and then done Tom Mutaffis' split until now, but I don't think it has enough frequency for someone still new (?).
    Instead I was thinking of doing an upper/lower split for more frequency instead of push/pull/legs? The uploaded picture is how I interpret Lyle McDonald's bulking routine, with deadlifts on second lower day and OHP first on second upperbody day.
    I've gone from 74 kg to 82 kg since December, so the reason for why my lifts aren't as high is likely due to that. I still intend on gaining weight, preferably hitting 90 kg or a bit less by September.
    My stats are 82 kg, 191 cm and my lifts are, all 5 reps:
    90-97,5 kg squats, they're weird for some reason. I've only managed to do 97,5 kg once in the last month, and can't really seem to progress :S
    112,5 kg deadlift.
    46 kg OHP. Last time I did them with a barbell was a month ago.
    55 kg bench. Again, I've been doing DB bench for the last month.
    My lifts are still at a novice level, except for benching but I've been rushing sets and the first three months I had very much so wrong form.
    Attached Images
    Beginning on 3rd of December.
    191cm/6'3, 73 kg/160 pounds

how bad do you want it? mikeallen52's Avatar
    mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You can still progress on SS with those lifts.

Get back on it and stick with it. -----> http://blackironbeast.com/starting-strength
    MikeAllen v1.0 :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152402033

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Personally, I like upper / lower split. Either that or do a full body intermediate like Madcow.
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    u/l is a good idea. here is a link to one that is very similar to what you have already http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=154362461
    The floundering has ended.

Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mikeallen52 View Post
    You can still progress on SS with those lifts.

Get back on it and stick with it. -----> http://blackironbeast.com/starting-strength
    I know I can, but I didn't start lifting to get strong (but it is a nice side effect): I started so that I can eventually look good in the mirror. And SS is not the way to do that, but it's a good start.

I was thinking of lunges instead of squats on lower day2 since it has a nice added grip training. About grip training, when to work on that? Lower day1?

Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Borum View Post
    I know I can, but I didn't start lifting to get strong (but it is a nice side effect): I started so that I can eventually look good in the mirror. And SS is not the way to do that, but it's a good start.

I was thinking of lunges instead of squats on lower day2 since it has a nice added grip training. About grip training, when to work on that? Lower day1?
    i wouldn't change a leg exercise based on what one works grip the best. i would work grip at the end of the day on each day before a rest day.
    The floundering has ended.

Originally Posted by Determinednoob View Post
    i wouldn't change a leg exercise based on what one works grip the best. i would work grip at the end of the day on each day before a rest day.
    I want to do lunges because they hurt me in a good way.

About reps, would it be bad to change the 10-12 reps to 8-12? Leg curls can only go up by at least 10 kg so I doubt I could go from 12 reps to 10 reps with 10 more kilos.