Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Eating plan any good? (veggie)

Hi,

As you may be able to tell, I am pretty much a newbie to bodybuilding, eating plans, etc etc. I am a vegetarian (something which some see as a set-back!), however I have devised some sort of an eating plan below for somebody who does not eat meat. My main goal at the moment is to slim down/lose weight - it is very open to suggestions and I am aware has much room for improvement. Could you please offer advice for me? Here's the plan:

Meal 1 (8am)
    2x eggs

Meal 2 (mid-morning snack) (10.30am)
    Handful pistachio nuts, fruit

Meal 3 (dinner) (12.30pm)
    Rice, pineapple

Meal 4 (3pm)
    2 pieces fruit (apple, orange)

Meal 5 (6.30pm)
    Eggs (scrambled or boiled), red kidney beans, potato, yoghurt afterwards

Meal 6 (9pm)
    Cottage cheese, something else?

Any advice is much appreciated
    Its hard to keep your head when everyone around you is losing theirs.

moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Could you post your TDEE and macronutrients?
    Follow me on an enchanting adventure (My Log):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153543271

Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by moosedahgoose View Post
    Could you post your TDEE and macronutrients?
    2714 is my TDEE. Sorry what are the macronutrients? That eating plan specified is pretty much what I eat day in, day out at the moment (as well as a few junk items xD)
    Its hard to keep your head when everyone around you is losing theirs.

Swissdude1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Add821 View Post
    Hi,

As you may be able to tell, I am pretty much a newbie to bodybuilding, eating plans, etc etc. I am a vegetarian (something which some see as a set-back!), however I have devised some sort of an eating plan below for somebody who does not eat meat. My main goal at the moment is to slim down/lose weight - it is very open to suggestions and I am aware has much room for improvement. Could you please offer advice for me? Here's the plan:

Meal 1 (8am)
    2x eggs

Meal 2 (mid-morning snack) (10.30am)
    Handful pistachio nuts, fruit

Meal 3 (dinner) (12.30pm)
    Rice, pineapple

Meal 4 (3pm)
    2 pieces fruit (apple, orange)

Meal 5 (6.30pm)
    Eggs (scrambled or boiled), red kidney beans, potato, yoghurt afterwards

Meal 6 (9pm)
    Cottage cheese, something else?

Any advice is much appreciated
    Being a vegetarian is in no way a disadvantage.

In my eyes; I see it as being more prepared for physical activity, as digesting meat can make you feel too full, leads to discomfort when expelling energy, and creates cortisol [hormone from stress stimulation]. If you research the amount of energy we waste from digestion alone, you will most likely be very surprised. I'm actually vegan myself for the health benefits alone.
    Whey protein isolate (or standard if you can take lactose and/or want to spend less) is essential in your diet if you prefer not to constantly be eating and want a much faster breakfast. I recommend hemp protein to mix in your shake for the fatty acids and fiber that especially helps with cutting and fat loss by keeping you fuller. Get yourself a daily multivitamin that caters to your b12 and iron needs for you to stay active and healthy.
    Adding a frozen mix of a microwavable veggie assortment will add needed vitamins and goes great with fried whole eggs.
    If you want to lose fat, keep the brown rice to a minimum, and avoid white carbohydrates like the plague.
    Starch should also certainly be avoided to an extent.
    Does that help? Good luck.

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Add821 View Post
    2714 is my TDEE. Sorry what are the macronutrients? That eating plan specified is pretty much what I eat day in, day out at the moment (as well as a few junk items xD)
    Macronutrients = protein, fat & carbohydrates.

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Swissdude1 View Post

In my eyes; I see it as being more prepared for physical activity, as digesting meat can make you feel too full, leads to discomfort when expelling energy, and creates cortisol [hormone from stress stimulation]. If you research the amount of energy we waste from digestion alone, you will most likely be very surprised. I'm actually vegan myself for the health benefits alone.
    Whey protein isolate (or standard if you can take lactose and/or want to spend less) is essential in your diet if you prefer not to constantly be eating and want a much faster breakfast. I recommend hemp protein to mix in your shake for the fatty acids and fiber that especially helps with cutting and fat loss by keeping you fuller. Get yourself a daily multivitamin that caters to your b12 and iron needs for you to stay active and healthy.
    Adding a frozen mix of a microwavable veggie assortment will add needed vitamins and goes great with fried whole eggs.
    If you want to lose fat, keep the brown rice to a minimum, and avoid white carbohydrates like the plague.
    So much nonsense in an otherwise nicely and politely phrased post...
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Swissdude1 View Post

Oh lord please help you...
    If OP is meeting his macro needs and hitting his calories for the day, why are you telling him he can't eat foods he enjoys?
    What's the difference in 20g of carbs from brown rice and 20g of carbs from white rice?
    Also..what do you have against starches?
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

â–¬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) â–¬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781