SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

low reps vs high reps and sets

i normally do 3 sets and around 4-8 reps for everything. I was just thinking, if I did two sets I could lift more weight... if i did two sets and lowered the reps to 4-6 I could lift even more weight. But what is more beneficial for putting on mass?

CWH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you only do 2 sets with supposedly more weight, then it would be more beneficial to do a third or fourth set, on top of the two sets already completed. You have to overload your muscle in order for it to grow. Throw in some supersets, pyramids and drop sets. But your best bet is to do 3-4 sets.
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight 194 and going up(started at 172)
    Arms: 17.75
    Forearms: 13
    Quads: 25
    Waist: 32
    Bodyfat: 11%

nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: low reps vs high reps and sets

Originally posted by SixStringThing
    i normally do 3 sets and around 4-8 reps for everything. I was just thinking, if I did two sets I could lift more weight... if i did two sets and lowered the reps to 4-6 I could lift even more weight. But what is more beneficial for putting on mass?
    it depends on the person.

i find that 7-10 reps are better for mass gaining for me.
    but arnold uses 15 reps and it obviously works for him.

try what your thinking about and see if it works.