Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post

I've upped 70c and 10-15f with dropping protein by 30p
    so you have basically added 40g of carbs (since you dropped 30 protein) 120 calories
    10-15g of fat (90-130 Calories)

250 calories in the span of 5 months?
    yeah....

Not going to cut it
    If you are mentally stable, then why can you not make your own decision for the better? and yet your girl friend is telling you that you dont even make the right decisions and your very stubborn with your ways. As you stated just recently.

There is a mental error and correlation between changing for the better and not making the effort to change, your not showing change for the better, and you know your problem but yet refuse to fix it. You have stated what you need to do and want to do but cant flip the switch to do it which shows that you need to improve on your overall decision making and force yourself to change to improve.

That would be a mental/psychological error, hence the reasoning for my post. Again you dont have to take it with a grain of salt, you can shrug it off, but why waste your time in the gym if your not going to suit it with the food you need to eat to support it. You want to gain, you want to grow, but your not supporting it and your just letting it go in one ear and out the other as you have showed the last 11 pages.

Your just going to spin your wheels. As much as we dont want to see it, you have not done much so far this offseason, and it could of been 5x better.
    Last edited by The Solution; 09-21-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    so you have basically added 40g of carbs (since you dropped 30 protein) 120 calories
    10-15g of fat (90-130 Calories)

250 calories in the span of 5 months?
    yeah....

Not going to cut it
    If you are mentally stable, then why can you not make your own decision for the better? and yet your girl friend is telling you that you dont even make the right decisions and your very stubborn with your ways.

There is a mental error and correlation between changing for the better and not making the effort to change, your not showing change for the better, and you know your problem but yet refuse to fix it.

That would be a mental/psychological error, hence the reasoning for my post. Again you dont have to take it with a grain of salt, you can shrug it off, but why waste your time in the gym if your not going to suit it with the food you need to eat to support it.

Your just going to spin your wheels.
    I really dont know what to say

I am not mentally unstable, i can make decisions for myself

I certainly think you help but i certainly think saying im mentally unstable is too far

But hey if that's what you think then so be it

Yes, you've come along way and have learnt from your ways but you surely must know a little how i feel

Your parents told you, you needed to eat etc

I dont want to bring up your past or anything like that and i am not knocking it and its great the way you have come but you dont seem to cut any slack

Yes i understand my thread is sh*t,
    no progress
    the kid doesn't eat
    he has no drive in the gym
    he has a f*cked arm
    He has no mates
    He lives with his girlfriend and her grandparents which one needs help 24/7
    Yes i come here as you are all so nice
    Yes im fed up
    Yes i am not progressing in the gym

What decent thing is there....

I ride a motorbike
    I am doing a Nutrition degree (O Wait, how stupid is that if you dont eat)
    I am in a happy 5 year relationship

hey ho il stop there
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)

I ride a motorbike
    Those are damn good things. And I'm jealous of the motorbike. Always wanted one but I've got to spend my money on a wedding...fiancee might get mad if I came home with a Harley.

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    Those are damn good things. And I'm jealous of the motorbike. Always wanted one but I've got to spend my money on a wedding...fiancee might get mad if I came home with a Harley.

Congratulations, have you set a date?

Harley's are pretty expensive and so are weddings

Thanks for the positive
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

Yes, you've come along way and have learnt from your ways but you surely must know a little how i feel

Your parents told you, you needed to eat etc

I dont want to bring up your past or anything like that and i am not knocking it and its great the way you have come but you dont seem to cut any slack
    actually my parents did not tell me to eat, i had to make the decision because i started to lose my friends because of how i looked and how stubborn i was. Not to mention it was effecting my studies, my school progress, and my education which is the #1 important thing to me besides my social life, family, and friends.

I actually saw a psychologist to help me with my decisions to aid in my process thinking and decision making.
    So no, that is not 100% correct on your assumption about my past.

maybe if you took time to take care of your health, fix your decision making, and were 100% before trying to make gains you would. Your arm has been destroyed and messed up since prep if not longer now (Since it was messed up in prep so about what 6-7 months?)

WHy would you not take care of your health, why would you not want to be 100% in the gym when you go in there instead of giving it 90%? (again my perspective, yes you can train while sick but is it going to be your best session and best performance? Probably not)

You wont change your ways if people pat you on the back and say "its ok man you will change"
    " its ok dont sweat it."

But when you waste months, upon months, upon months, upon months you get the point. Your wasting time, your wasting your effort. You can lift as heavy as you want, you can take as many lifting videos as you want, you can continually hit the gym but when you do not make strength gains, and you do not make progress you want to see what good is it for you but wasted time because you are not setting forth on the kitchen table and EATING for your gains. Dean we are here to support you and we want the best of you, but your not setting your future up for success when you backtrack with your health (arm) and your ability to make decisions (eating enough, seeing how stubborn you are, and others on here and your girl friend seeing the same problem YOU know you have but wont address)

You know your problem, yet you dont attack it. Do you ever sit down and look back and think what you could of achieved if you listened to those who have tried to give you advice?
    Do you ever think for a couple minutes that if you did take the advice and saw good progress you would change for the better?
    Once you hit that progress and strive would it alter your mentality and drive in the gym? Would your motivation increase? I can guarantee you your answer is "yes"

Nobody gets anywhere for people being nice 100% of the time, sometimes you need a kick in the butt for the better. You cant just sugarcoat things and expect results. Sorry if i am a straight shooter, but even if i am being real with you others do agree, and you even agree as well that things need to change. (as you state as well)

Maybe take the advice, fix your health, get your arm taken care of, focus on eating, and get into the gym 100% and you will see the results WE ALL WANT YOU TO SEE

hence why we are so hard on you and want to see you succeed. You wont succeed unless you change your actions, your thoughts, and your decisions. Until you do, your potential will be held back.

Do not shortchange the future. Make the future bring, make it worth your time, eat for your gains, and fix your health so you can live healthy and of course pursuit the stage in a stronger/bigger fashion.
    Last edited by The Solution; 09-21-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    found that i need to rest my shoulder so am going to miss out bench exercises for 3-4 weeks and work on alot of mobility to strengthen my shoulder to hopefully stop the clicking

Miltary press – 5/3/1
    Miltary press – 4x10

Shoulder mobility will include some of these (different each time)
    Scapula Pushups
    Band external rotations
    Band pull aparts

Any comments regarding the routine, thank you
    Firstly I would cut out military press or any OH pressing, I guarantee you it's this effecting your shoulder and not so much the bench press, unless you're also benching with a wide grip.

Secondly I would do those ^ exercises I highlighted above. I've struggled with left shoulder injuries for years until I stopped all overhead pressing and started strengthening my Serratus Anterior and medial & lower Trapezius. I've had very good success following this.

Lastly, It looks like you mainly want 2 things (correct me if wrong), to be healthy and to look good. It is with that in mind I recommend you stop doing deadlifts, squats, front squats, bent over rows, good mornings, working with less than 5 reps, ect. Look, you're not training to be a high performance athlete or sports star, you just want to gain a bit of muscle and look good. I'm sure you will get just as much progress doing lat pulldown, leg press, leg curl, bicep and tricep work and machines, as long as you have enough nutrition and progressive overload. I also think you would be fine working with 6-12 reps on most exercises and just enjoying yourself in the gym.

Some may call me out on this but I've learned not to worry about being hardcore and to just think and focus on what I really want.

One bro science I'd like to add is.... You will not gain any muscle without an increase in bodyweight, NONE, nada, nil, not happening, your measurements will NOT increase and you will notice no change. any strength increase you're expecting will come from CNS adaptation and technique.

That does put it into perspective,i didn't realise you was up around 7kg, looks like i need to put on alot more than as you have a lot more muscle mass and experience

Your aim was around a kg a month, in around 4 months up around 7kg. Your very happy with your progress in the gym

Do you feel you've added 7kg quicker than what you wanted to or happy?

Not criticizing at all just asking
    I feel happy about the 7kg increase. For pure bodybuilding purposes 4 kg may have kept me in a better position, but for general well being, fun, recovery and social life, I'm very content with my gains so far, fat and muscle wise. Saying that, give me 3-4 days to cut my sodium back, eat lots of fiber and liquids and I'd probably lose 2 kg in bloat and food/fecal mass, which pretty much puts me right on my target.

Yes i understand my thread is sh*t,
    no progress
    the kid doesn't eat
    he has no drive in the gym
    he has a f*cked arm
    He has no mates
    He lives with his girlfriend and her grandparents which one needs help 24/7
    Yes im fed up
    Yes i am not progressing in the gym

What decent thing is there....

I ride a motorbike
    One thing that can worry me about people is self deprecation, it can be used in humor but also a sign of aggression towards oneself. I cannot stress this enough but I've learned a long time ago to never doubt yourself or put yourself down, the mind is a powerful thing and you need to be positive. There are people out there doing it worse than you so always appreciate yourself and what you have.

Hopefully you can sort out your nutrition problems, for example seeing a doctor smoking or a marriage councilor with a divorce doesn't give them much credibility

All the best, good luck!

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Congratulations, have you set a date?

Harley's are pretty expensive and so are weddings

Thanks for the positive
    April 5th. Coming up quickly!

I always try to include just as much positive as I do constructive criticism. You've got to have both to succeed and improve. Without one or the other your views on where you're at in life can get pretty skewed.

Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    One thing that can worry me about people is self deprecation, it can be used in humor but also a sign of aggression towards oneself. I cannot stress this enough but I've learned a long time ago to never doubt yourself or put yourself down, the mind is a powerful thing and you need to be positive. There are people out there doing it worse than you so always appreciate yourself and what you have.
    Quite true. I hate to get all "Power of Positive Thinking" but there is certainly something to the notion that thinking in a positive manner can improve your overall outlook on life. Like Kai Greene says, "Mind is everything." Keep your mind positive and life will follow suit.

Thank you for the comments above

Monday and Tuesday I did squats then deadlifts

I tired a safety squat bar, certainly different and a lot harder

Went to docters today about my shoulder

They think its a inflammatory tendon in my shoulder so I have a two week supply of 500mg anti inflammatory tablets (seems a high dose) to take twice daily

Recommended no heavy lifting especially on the upper body

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

They think its a inflammatory tendon in my shoulder so I have a two week supply of 500mg anti inflammatory tablets (seems a high dose) to take twice daily

Good job gettin to a doctor. Pleased to see they believe it's nothing serious.

What's the verdict on your arm surgery? Scheduled yet?

Everyone here gives a sh_t. No one would spend their time repeating THE SAME THINGS over and over if we did not.

You are a nutrition major, so then you of all people should have an understanding of how appropriate nutritional parameters affect the human body. Especially when that body is placed under stress and tension like that involved with heavy weight training.

I would use these next couple weeks of not really lifting to decided what your goals are, then physically write on paper those goals. Then, figure out the precise path to achieve those goals, and once again write it on a piece of paper. If you need help, email me or PM any of your online bros for help.

^^This may seem silly, but this will help. You will not be able to delude yourself when you hang that paper on your fridge which you will see each and every day, and consciously ask yourself each day, "Am I in line with my goals or not?"

And I don't just mean with your training. This is a life task.^^

This of course, is merely a suggestion. But, I think it's a damn good one.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

Originally Posted by TakedaShingen View Post
    Good job gettin to a doctor. Pleased to see they believe it's nothing serious.

What's the verdict on your arm surgery? Scheduled yet?

Everyone here gives a sh_t. No one would spend their time repeating THE SAME THINGS over and over if we did not.

You are a nutrition major, so then you of all people should have an understanding of how appropriate nutritional parameters affect the human body. Especially when that body is placed under stress and tension like that involved with heavy weight training.

I would use these next couple weeks of not really lifting to decided what your goals are, then physically write on paper those goals. Then, figure out the precise path to achieve those goals, and once again write it on a piece of paper. If you need help, email me or PM any of your online bros for help.

^^This may seem silly, but this will help. You will not be able to delude yourself when you hang that paper on your fridge which you will see each and every day, and consciously ask yourself each day, "Am I in line with my goals or not?"

And I don't just mean with your training. This is a life task.^^

This of course, is merely a suggestion. But, I think it's a damn good one.
    It is a very good suggestion and I will do it this weekend

If I need help il pm you guys (if anyone ever wants to PM no problem)

I will then upload them

I have a scan and consultation regarding my arm October 2nd I've had this date since July so it's been a waiting game

At this consultation I should get a date for my operation

I do know all of you care and I would say I appreciate it but I don't show it

When you consider that lots of people take 400 mg of Ibuprofen 3 times a day, 500 mg twice a day doesn't seem too crazy. Glad to hear that rest and recoup is all that's really needed.

And jealous of the safety squat bar!! I've always wanted to give one of those a go and haven't ever found a gym with one.

I think Chris has some really great ideas. Sometimes that physical piece of paper on the fridge every morning when you go to get your eggs is what it takes. Certainly worth a shot!

Have a voucher for some money off (meaning i can get one of these pre workouts for £15) so am tempted

Any thoughts on

Scitec Nutrition Pow3rd 2.0 Complex

MuscleTech Nano Vapor Perform Series

PharmaFreak: RIPPED FREAK Pre-Workout

DYMATIZE X-Pand Xtreme Pump

Going up to £24 is one i know some people love

Cellucor C4 Extreme

Any thoughts guys?

Only reason is i think it may help give me a bit more of a drink or kick up the arse

Personally
    Spend the extra money on groceries and food. my 2 cents.

Personally
    Spend the extra money on groceries and food. my 2 cents.
    I didn't expect that

Thank you, that is a fair point

I haven't had a pre workout since April but food outweighs supplements anyday

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would invest in a pre workout any day. Though it's probably mostly in my head, I feel as if my training is subpar without it. My $.02.

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Only reason is i think it may help give me a bit more of a drink or kick up the arse
    No stims no stims no stims!

Kick your own ass.

I didn't expect that

Thank you, that is a fair point

I haven't had a pre workout since April but food outweighs supplements anyday
    Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    No stims no stims no stims!

Kick your own ass.
    This.
    You should be motivated enough with not seeing gains (which should fire you up)
    and training at a submax intensity due to your health problems

Address your problems with food, eating enough, and getting your body taken care of before investing in more supplements.

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This.

Address your problems with food, eating enough, and getting your body taken care of before investing in more supplements.
    Ah-men .
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

This.

No pre workouts where brought, food was

Health

pi**ed off

Hernia on my arm i have, was told by the doctor they can take my plates out and a mesh in to stop the hernia

3 and a half months later i have my xray and consultation

Today i had my xray

Waited for my consultation, over in 1 minute

The lady said

'The hernia will never go and there is nothing i can do for it'
    'The plate cant be took out until i go back to my hospital i had it put in and find out what screws they used'

So back to square one, really upset and pissed off

So tomorrow i will go to the doctors and try to get another consultation with someone else as i do not believe this at all

So still a long long road ahead

My shoulder.....

Currently mobility work and tablets, its still there but will keep working on it

Hormones.....

Fine

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Geeez!

Well at least your hormones are better

Get well soon brotha.
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No pre workouts where brought, food was

Health

pi**ed off

Hernia on my arm i have, was told by the doctor they can take my plates out and a mesh in to stop the hernia

3 and a half months later i have my xray and consultation

Today i had my xray

Waited for my consultation, over in 1 minute

The lady said

'The hernia will never go and there is nothing i can do for it'
    'The plate cant be took out until i go back to my hospital i had it put in and find out what screws they used'

So back to square one, really upset and pissed off

So tomorrow i will go to the doctors and try to get another consultation with someone else as i do not believe this at all

So still a long long road ahead

My shoulder.....

Currently mobility work and tablets, its still there but will keep working on it

Hormones.....

Fine
    Sorry to hear about your arm - I guess I can't complain about healthcare much in the US anymore. I have heard from coworkers that it takes awhile to see specialists over in the UK - you weren't kidding.

Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry about your arm.
    It must truly suck. I've been nursing shoulder injury for a while and it annoys every time I step into the gym.