spiritdesire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any good home workout programs?

I want to start on the Ice Cream 5x5 ASAP, but unfortunately I won't have access to a gym for another month or so and only have a 10 and 20 pound set of dumbbells to work with. Is there any program I can do with these?

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In all honesty, not much.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There are plenty of things you can do with just your bodyweight. Can you get access to a pull-up bar as well?

Some good movements you can include:

-Push-ups (all variations: utilise different levels of incline / hand-positioning)
    -Prone Cobra's / DeFranco Y-handcuffs (Youtube)
    -Goblet squats
    -Single leg squats
    -Burpees
    -Table Dips
    -D/B rows

You just have to be creative and think outside the box. "Skippy" on Youtube has a lot of videos related to home workouts, I believe.
    Founder of DPA Fitness & Author of The Weight Training Antidote.
    My Free E-book - The Weight Training Antidote: http://dpafitness.com/the-weight-training-antidote

Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A
    Pistol squat\Goblet squat\Split Squat
    Push ups\db floor press
    db row

B
    DB stiff legged deadlift
    db shoulder press
    chinups

alternate a and b 3 nonconsecutive days per week. 3 sets of each exercise somewhere in the 5-10 rep range. if you can do more than about 12 reps of something, it is too easy and you need to find an alternative.
    The floundering has ended.

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you're really looking for dumbell only programs. You can try to substitute dumbells for most exercises but the problem will come eventually that you won't be able to progress on them for very long. With only 10 - 20 lbs to work with you're best bet is to progress by adding reps / sets each workout. This will get old quick though, but since it's only for a month go for it.

But I'd actually suggest just going on Craigslist and buy a rack, bench, and a bunch of free weights and screw the gym altogether. You can save a lot of money on gym fees by doing that plus you have 24/7 access. I think I paid at the most around $200 for everything which includes an adjustable bench with leg curl/extension/preacher curl, squat rack, chinup bar, heavy bag, adjustable dumbells, 400 lbs of free weights, jump rope, and an EZ curl bar. I got most of this stuff about 5 years ago and haven't paid for anything recently except the heavy bag which only cost me $10.
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

ArmstrongBro is not very helpful. (-500) ArmstrongBro is not very helpful. (-500) ArmstrongBro is not very helpful. (-500) ArmstrongBro is not very helpful. (-500) ArmstrongBro is not very helpful. (-500) ArmstrongBro is not very helpful. (-500) ArmstrongBro is not very helpful. (-500) ArmstrongBro is not very helpful. (-500) ArmstrongBro is not very helpful. (-500) ArmstrongBro is not very helpful. (-500) ArmstrongBro is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Ajk_Lpool View Post
    There are plenty of things you can do with just your bodyweight. Can you get access to a pull-up bar as well?

Some good movements you can include:

-Push-ups (all variations: utilise different levels of incline / hand-positioning)
    -Prone Cobra's / DeFranco Y-handcuffs (Youtube)
    -Goblet squats
    -Single leg squats
    -Burpees
    -Table Dips
    -D/B rows

You just have to be creative and think outside the box. "Skippy" on Youtube has a lot of videos related to home workouts, I believe.
    This but to elaborate more (or less) just stick to simple exercises like push ups, sit ups, and squats and what you can do to add resistance is put your weights in a backpack while doing these exercises.

What I've been doing for a few months now and seems to result in a noticeable difference.

Royalkingsley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royalkingsley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royalkingsley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royalkingsley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royalkingsley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royalkingsley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royalkingsley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royalkingsley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royalkingsley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royalkingsley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royalkingsley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ArmstrongBro View Post
    This but to elaborate more (or less) just stick to simple exercises like push ups, sit ups, and squats and what you can do to add resistance is put your weights in a backpack while doing these exercises.

What I've been doing for a few months now and seems to result in a noticeable difference.
    I am with you on this knew. I do lots of body weight workouts with pushups, pull ups, body squats, and workouts, pull ups, dips on just about anything I can find. I also love using my timeline resistance bands. I can use three bands at once and they range from 10-100 lbs and everything in-between. I can get up to 300 lbs at once, so no matter what you do or how big you get, there is the weight there to give you an intense workout.

spiritdesire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yo, thanks a lot guys! It'll be nice to get into doing some resistance training again, cardio is getting a little old.

Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    cardio gets old as soon as my heart rate elevates
    The floundering has ended.

Blero21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You gave really useful tips, thank you very much guys. That way I can also do my homework programe.