jddud3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What muscle groups should I work out together? And how often can I work them out?

I'm a noob with all this lifting stuff, but I know it's time for me to gain muscle. I just don't know how to set up my routine. Any advice?

ex. Monday's: chest and triceps
    Tuesday's: shoulders and legs
    ...etc.

Also what's a good amount of weight to start lifting for beginners. I don't want to damage myself and I don't want to look like a wimp. Or does it just depend on the person?
    I'm considered fit, skinny, slim, and I'm 5'8 and weigh 135 lbs

SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Firstly the amount of weight doesn't matter as long as you're working the muscle. A lot of beginners get injured because they can't leave the ego at home. As far as the workout goes there is a lot of good workouts on the site to begin with. I'd do that, also maybe get someone to show you how up perform the lifts.

SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Starting out, you'll get further, faster, going full body. "Full Body vs. Split Routines - Which to Choose?" http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=139911893

Several in the WP stickies - w/ instruction on how to set starting weights: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8 All Pro Beginner's routine is a good starting point.

The "real secret" at your size, though, is eating. Nutrition forum for figuring your total cals, protein, dietary fat needs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Arsenal93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For beginners i would say a three day split once a week should do for a couple of months. you can then ramp up the volume to twice a week or switch to a five day split.
    example:
    Monday: chest, tri's and shoulders.
    Tuesday: back and bi's (maybe throw in some ab work?)
    Wednesday: Legs.

Just lift whatever feels heavy for you, but at the same time you're doing the exercise with proper form. Do compound movements and keep a rep range of 6-8. And finally you gotta eat to get big!

Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000) Waldo56 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Doing full body 3x a week and getting your diet in order will lead to the fastest progress for a beginner.
    Go Pack Go!!!

Workout Log - Bulking with Bodyweight - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156762293
    IIFYM Eater - waldo56 on myfitnesspal

<<<<<Don't Panic>>>>>