Registered User SilentNightfall's Avatar
    SilentNightfall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Supplement Advice (Pre, Intra, and Post)

Hello, everyone. This may be my first or second post (can't remember if I asked a question here before or not), but I hope that won't make anyone reluctant to offer advice. I've been taking supplements since the days of working out with equipment at home, but since joining the gym about 6 months ago and going at it hard 5-6 days a week, I've obviously increased the number of supplements that I take to keep up with the intensity. I've had success with what I'm using now (more on that in a minute), but some things I haven't had luck with. On top of that, I have never used an intra-workout supplement, as you'll see when I describe my current supplements, but I'm looking to start one. I find that on days where I'm doing arms and shoulders, or some days with chest and back training, I'm just out of energy after my bench presses, lat pull downs, etc. and still need to get through dips and flyes for my chest, or on arm day when I'm done curls, push downs, seated overhead presses, etc. but want to get in tricep extensions and such. The issue I have with my current stack's results is just that I am still get sore 1-2 days after my workout and it lasts for 1 or 2 days past the start of the soreness. I'm thinking maybe switching up my post-workout supplement can help with that, as well as some factors from the intra-workout supplement when I start taking it.

So here it is. This is what I'm currently using:

Pre-workout is MusclePharm's Assault. Post-workout I'm using Pro Supps Karbolic as well as Muscle FX's Hydrobolic FX protein, which I think works great so I'm not looking to change my protein. I also take Mass Machine's Creatine and Multivitamin Along with everything else.

Now, I have also considered switching away from my pre-workout if there is a great combo pre and intra. In another thread on pre and intra started recently I saw people recommending SciVation's Xtend (which I can also get in Japan where I live), as well as iForce's Compete. Not sure what to do about the post-workout. Karbolic gave me a good helping of carbs, along with the vegetables in my dinner, which are always after my workouts due to my schedule, without any bad additions, but it might not be enough. Not sure what to think, but I'll take any advice that comes along.

Before anyone asks about goals, I've basically just been packing on lean muscle. The change is probably slower than someone who is bulking in terms of getting bigger, but myself now compared to January is like night and day so I'm sticking with my plan, just tweaking my workout schedule here and there. Now I just need to make sure that I'm using the best support in terms of supplements to push me to the next level.

Any and all help is most appreciated. Thanks in advance, everyone.

jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For an intra, I would suggest Xtend, it tastes great and I do feel that I have a bit more endurance when taking it. I usually use it for cardio during my cuts but have used it a few times while doing weights and have had success.

Craze, White flood and jack3d are solid pre-workouts. Check those out.

one thing though, have you recently switched up your routine? The supplement stack is most likely not the reason you are sore longer than usual. If you have recently switched up your routine, not eating enough, or not getting enough sleep could be why you are sore longer than usual although if I'm reading your post wrong and it's only 1-2 days of soreness than this is normal.
    **Swole Sports Nutrition Representative**

Check us out on BB.com:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/swole-sports-nutrition.html

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Save your money if possible on the post workout specifically and just eat some carbohydrate containing food if possible. Intra workouts aren't necessary, only helpful especially if you aren't getting adequate protein in your diet or not eating beforehand.
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Origin and Protocol arent meant to be used together and the ingredients in each compliment eachother. Both products offer non proprietary blend formulas, so you know exactly what you are getting. Great endurance, focus, recovery and energy. Shouldnt have any issue getting our products in japan, we are sold internationally everyday.
    Benes

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You really need to check out White Flood Reborn + Green Magnitude

Great stack...awesome energy, endurance and focus along with ingredients to enhance your workout. Some of the best prices per serving on the market and tastes amazing as well.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Army Veteran, OEF.

Registered User SilentNightfall's Avatar
    SilentNightfall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since I was asked a few questions, I'll post them here. The only thing I switched up about my routine recently was changing the days I target what on, as well as combining arms and shoulders into one day. Didn't have any problems with shoulder or arm soreness though. On occasion I'll have it where chest is sore 2 days later (often times when I get sore, it's never the next day, but the day after that) and then lasts for another day or two past that. I don't want to get into my schedule right now, but because of time restraints on two days, my schedule has me doing my chest workouts two days apart (that's two days of rest before being worked again). Same thing with my legs. I would like to have my chest and legs (I also do back with chest, but that usually is no issue) be as fresh as possible so if there is something that will help them recover better than just Karbolic (which is mostly just carbs) and protein, I'll try it.

Second, I always include meat and carbs (vegetables, oats or something) into my dinner. The problem is that I have a 45-50 minute train ride home after the gym and then would have to cook. I want to get something into my muscles after my workout without waiting that long. Thus, I'm looking for the best post-workout too.

Judging from this, since no one recommended sticking with any of my current stuff, it looks like I need to change up a bit. A lot of the stuff is highly rated on the BB.com store so I assumed a lot of people were using it after reading some reviews, but people in the forums seem to use a lot that still scores well but isn't in the top. Maybe the rankings were people being fickle about taste?

Anyway, thanks for the replies so far. Keep them coming since I'm researching all the products that come up so far.

bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Drinking xtend during your workout should definitely help as well as doing a serving during the day as well. As for après-workout EFX's Kotic is another great one to consider with great focus, intensity and energy. Yu may also want to look into your diet more, you may not be consuming enough calories to allow your body to recover efficiently, that is usually another key factor in excessive soreness.
    AI Sports Nutrition Dir. of Sales/Marketing

Save 20% off on all AI Sports Nutrition products when you go to checkout all month long.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm

********.com/AISportsNutrition

Subscribe to our newsletter at http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.