TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Please critique my squat, 120kg.

http://youtu.be/bVowXCNT58c

I really need to figure this embedding crap as well! Thanks
    You know its time to do something about your body when you are getting bertstared on the regular

its not how much u can lift, its rather how much you look like you can lift.

TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Managed to embed.

You know its time to do something about your body when you are getting bertstared on the regular

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depth sucks, feet should be pointed out more, and knees should track out over toes - they are caving pretty bad.
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    Depth sucks, feet should be pointed out more, and knees should track out over toes - they are caving pretty bad.
    I always try to force knees outwards, what do you recommend to combat them caving. Also Is the depth no-where near parallel, I didnt realise it was that bad!! I will point feet out more. Thanks

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    besides the depth........are you trying to do low bar or high bar?

Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    besides the depth........are you trying to do low bar or high bar?
    high bar.... am i messing up?

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tis a fine looking squat, my good chap. Don't let your knees buckle, though. Shove them out on the way up. Strengthening the abductors will help.

Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    Depth was fine. Most of his reps were parallel. I agree with the rest of what you said.

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Tis a fine looking squat, my good chap. Don't let your knees buckle, though. Shove them out on the way up. Strengthening the abductors will help.

Depth was fine. Most of his reps were parallel. I agree with the rest of what you said.
    I'm surprised you say this Lucifer. I thought the depth was too high. Good inch or two above parallel. Go a bit deeper.

Stance was OK. Back was tight, but as your stance is wide your feet need to point out more - think of a line running from hip, though knee and ankle joint to the middle of your toes. Throughout the movement this line should remain straight. This will prevent knee buckling and will dictate angle your foot is placed. Also slow he descent a little. You are allowing gravity to bring the weight down and offering little resistance. But in all, not too shabby an some easily corrected flaws.

Good luck.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't think the depth is that bad. Sure he could go a little lower, but far from terrible.

One point I noticed was that your back doesn't seem tight enough. It's an often neglected point, but can help tremendously with your overall balance. That will help you go lower too.
    Love to train.... hate gyms!

md42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pointing feet out will help stop your knees coming in. I agree that you could probably go another inch or two in depth, but with the angle of shot I might be wrong because can't really see properly
    Wendler 5/3/1

benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your depth's lacking a bit (powerlifting standards). You want your hip crease to be parallel or below ideally. This is to get legitimate depth in case you ever want to powerlift, and to let the hips and glutes take some of the load off your quads, allowing for greater development of athleticism. Also, are you wearing padded/running shoes? They could be messing with your form.
    Always learning.

(For 5 reps)
    Squat - 110kg
    Deadlift- 115kg
    Bench Press - 65kg
    Overhead Press - 47.5kg

Doing Starting Strength by JasonDB/IceCreamFitness, check out my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148385953

Check out my youtube page too: youtube.com/thebofitness

Originally Posted by benjobb View Post
    Your depth's lacking a bit (powerlifting standards). You want your hip crease to be parallel or below ideally. This is to get legitimate depth in case you ever want to powerlift, and to let the hips and glutes take some of the load off your quads, allowing for greater development of athleticism. Also, are you wearing padded/running shoes? They could be messing with your form.
    I normally always wear converse but completely forgot about footwear and put my running trainers on. I do not normally wear them and was a bit annoyed about the situation. By the general consensus I will try to go deeper, sucks really because I really thought I was hitting parallel. To go deeper I will probably have to lower the weight as well.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, use a better camera angle next time (see my avatar). Your depth appears to be worse than it is because of the bad angle.

benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheSpecial1 View Post
    I normally always wear converse but completely forgot about footwear and put my running trainers on. I do not normally wear them and was a bit annoyed about the situation. By the general consensus I will try to go deeper, sucks really because I really thought I was hitting parallel. To go deeper I will probably have to lower the weight as well.
    Your hip crease just seems about an inch over, probably less because of the angle, so you won't have as hard of a time adjusting as someone half-squatting. I would stretch my ankles and hip flexors more so you're able to get lower more easily.
    Always learning.

(For 5 reps)
    Squat - 110kg
    Deadlift- 115kg
    Bench Press - 65kg
    Overhead Press - 47.5kg

Doing Starting Strength by JasonDB/IceCreamFitness, check out my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148385953

Check out my youtube page too: youtube.com/thebofitness