Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

lordosis and back strengthening?

So i'm pretty sure a have bad lordosis. Should i still strengthen my lower back normally with stuff like back extensions or will that further damage my posture? Should i work on my rectus, transverse, and deep abdominal wall alot more than my lower back?

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There should just be an "Official Fix Dafushnizz" thread.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whatever you do, don't strengthen anything. Getting stronger is terrible for you.
    My new and improved (!) madcow's workout generator
    http://eric-harvey.com/lifting/calculators/madcow.php Now newer and improved-er than before!
    =======
    My log (it's way more embarrassing than you think):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157155823
    =======
    Forum Tools v0.13
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153811521&p=1124633293&viewfull=1#post1124633293
    If you have questions about either one, just let me know **links are currently down**

Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SumPersonGuy View Post
    Whatever you do, don't strengthen anything. Getting stronger is terrible for you.
    Well thanks pal. Aside from the sarcasm do you have an answer. My thought was if you have lordosis, your lower back is most likely really tight and giving you a curve. (ofc other tight and weak muscles). So if you keep doing back extension then it will further emphasize the curve. I s thinking that if you ditch lower back isolation exercises and focus alot on all parts of the abs, it will pull my hip under alot more. get it.

CharlesSwann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CharlesSwann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CharlesSwann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CharlesSwann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CharlesSwann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CharlesSwann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CharlesSwann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CharlesSwann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CharlesSwann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CharlesSwann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CharlesSwann is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In my opinion, when it comes to posture, the problem is not strong muscles—the problem is weak muscles and tightness. The only thing you have to worry about is strengthening your core/glutes and stretching your hip flexors. Stretch for 2+ minutes per go, and if you're doing the classic lunge stretch, then internally rotate your back leg. You can do the stretch multiple times per day and per week. If you get pain and soreness [the next day] from stretching, then back off for a bit.

One of the most important aspects to improving posture is to consciously hold good posture as often as possible. Get comfortable feeling out your pelvis' orientation. You want to prevent a posterior tilt, so whenever you walk, stand, squat, or anything, set your pelvis to neutral. As a similar example, if you're overhead pressing, then set your pelvis and tighten your abs to prevent overarching.

You can strengthen any and all muscles as you like, including lower back, just stretch the right ones and don't neglect to strengthen the relatively weaker ones.
    PL PRs: 605x2 SQ / 385x1 BN / 660x2 DL @ ~225lbs body weight
    Other PRs: 465x1 FS / 250x1 OHP
    Grip PRs: CoC #3 parallel choke, 105x1 wrist wrench, 67.5x1 pinch, Gold Hexabastard

jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dafushnizz View Post
    So i'm pretty sure a have bad lordosis. Should i still strengthen my lower back normally with stuff like back extensions or will that further damage my posture? Should i work on my rectus, transverse, and deep abdominal wall alot more than my lower back?
    Why are you so obsessed with your posture? Posture cannot be "damaged". Also, please stop making the gross assumption that your posture is the cause of some sort of unidentified "problem" that you need to fix.

If you want to obsess over something, obsess over learning proper movement patterns. I'm assuming based on your posting history (and your picture) that you are still a beginner. If that is the case, unless you have something physically wrong with you (typically indicated by pain problems), your core work should revolve around squatting and deadlifting with good form. If you're squatting and deadlifting properly, your core will get stronger and more functional as a group, which is preferable to training them separately.

Originally Posted by Dafushnizz View Post
    Well thanks pal. Aside from the sarcasm do you have an answer. My thought was if you have lordosis, your lower back is most likely really tight and giving you a curve. (ofc other tight and weak muscles). So if you keep doing back extension then it will further emphasize the curve. I s thinking that if you ditch lower back isolation exercises and focus alot on all parts of the abs, it will pull my hip under alot more. get it.
    No. It seems to me that your thought was to come to an online forum and post about your thoughts because you assume they are correct and people will join in your discussion and be impressed by your knowledge. Unfortunately, you're not getting the response you were hoping to get.

In any case, what on earth do any of your posts have to do with powerlifting?

Originally Posted by CharlesSwann View Post
    In my opinion, when it comes to posture, the problem is not strong muscles—the problem is weak muscles and tightness. The only thing you have to worry about is strengthening your core/glutes and stretching your hip flexors. Stretch for 2+ minutes per go, and if you're doing the classic lunge stretch, then internally rotate your back leg. You can do the stretch multiple times per day and per week. If you get pain and soreness [the next day] from stretching, then back off for a bit.

One of the most important aspects to improving posture is to consciously hold good posture as often as possible. Get comfortable feeling out your pelvis' orientation. You want to prevent a posterior tilt, so whenever you walk, stand, squat, or anything, set your pelvis to neutral. As a similar example, if you're overhead pressing, then set your pelvis and tighten your abs to prevent overarching.

You can strengthen any and all muscles as you like, including lower back, just stretch the right ones and don't neglect to strengthen the relatively weaker ones.
    Now thats good advice repped