Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    victor e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is the healthiest oil to deep fry in?

KonstantinDK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there's none I think. Even good fats ib big ammounts are bad...

Mr. Green has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe that all frying oil is just pure Fat. Don't think anyone has perfected the fat free frying oil just yet.

Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KonstantinDK View Post
    there's none I think. Even good fats ib big ammounts are bad...
    What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read a book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have seen the cooks on the Food Network use olive oil to deep fry in. A little pricey but would be the best.

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

deep-fat-fry

deep frying in oil is a horrible way to cook food!
    i live in the south and unfortunately that seems to be the prefered method to cook everything!

IMO a way better way to cook is to poach things in liquid...you can use anything you want; tomato juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, whatever!

put some liquid and spices into a frying pan and add water so it covers whatever you are cooking...simmer it until the meat changes color, turn the meat and simmer until done! things will cook faster if you cut them into strips

thats a fat free cooking method and cant be beat...
    it flavors the meat with whatever you choose!

i think it beats the hell out of bread crumbs and lard (or oil)!
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can deep fry in olive oil, but make sure it's just olive oil and not "extra virgin" or "virgin"...just regular ol' olive oil is best for frying. The other kinds of olive oil are more likely to be broken down by the intense heat.

Check out oliveoilsource.com for more info.
    No supplement has the power that is greater than the power of eatin' clean and liftin' hard.

victor e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by heyzeus909 View Post
    You can deep fry in olive oil, but make sure it's just olive oil and not "extra virgin" or "virgin"...just regular ol' olive oil is best for frying. The other kinds of olive oil are more likely to be broken down by the intense heat.

Check out oliveoilsource.com for more info.
    Thanks...I am trying to find on that site what you state above as far as using regular olive oil as opposed to extra virgin for frying

Found it I think..thanks again

garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by victor e View Post
    The type of fat that isn't effected by heat is "saturated fat" use a lard. Any oil that has been refined is a no no........for deep fring. And of course don't use a trans fat like crisco.
    One problem is....some of our competitors suffer from excessive build quality.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Olive oil is very heat sensitive and breaks down at high temperatures. It is ok for frying onions but it is NOT ok for deep frying.

Canola oil is your best bet. I also suggest only deep frying on occasion and never ever reuse the oil.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Olive oil is very heat sensitive and breaks down at high temperatures. It is ok for frying onions but it is NOT ok for deep frying.

Canola oil is your best bet. I also suggest only deep frying on occasion and never ever reuse the oil.
    As long as you aren't deep frying at very high temps, you can use plain ol' olive oil.

Olive Oil > Canola > Lard

Here's some info I posted the other day:

"The best cooking temperature for frying in olive oil is about 355F."
    http://spanishfood.about.com/od/cook...psoliveoil.htm

=============

"Olive oil has a high smoke point, 410 degrees F, and doesn't degrade as quickly as many other oils do with repeated high heating."

Olive Oil Myth: Olive oil loses its benefits when heated

The Facts: Excessively heating olive oil will evaporate the alcohols and esters which make up its delicate taste and fragrance. Heating olive oil will not change its health aspects, only the flavor. Use a cheaper olive oil which doesn't have much flavor to begin with if you want to fry with it, add a more flavorful olive oil after cooking or at the table.
    http://www.oliveoilsource.com/cooking_olive_oil.htm

==============

"Frying with canola oil releases more toxic fumes into the air than frying with olive oil, according to a new study conducted at the University of Dayton Research Institute. And frying at temperatures higher than 350 F, a common practice in American kitchens, releases higher levels of toxins --significantly higher levels from canola oil --than frying at the recommended 350 degrees."

""And olive oil is actually healthier than canola and other oils." The researchers theorize that the inherent antioxidant qualities of olives oils may have prevented fatty acids from breaking down and releasing toxins as quickly as canola oil."
    http://www.udri.udayton.edu/NR/exere...CFEE5D2127.htm

===============

"Olive oil is ideal for pan-frying because it is the only cooking oil that preserves the actual taste of the food as it is fried. If not overheated, olive oil maintains is structural and nutritional components better than other oils."

"The olive oil grade "olive oil," is excellent for deep-frying because it has a higher smoke point (410?F) than virgin or extra virgin oils. Olive oil does not penetrate food during the cooking process as readily as some other types of oils, which results in a lower fat content in the finished dish."

"A temperature between 350F and 375F is an ideal range for deep-frying. The olive oil grade "olive oil" has a smoke point of 410F, so it is an excellent choice for deep-frying (extra virgin and virgin olive oils have a lower smoke point than olive oil because they are unrefined)."
    http://www.hormel.com/templates/know...emid=40&id=188

===============

And you can check here to see that olive oil has a higher smoke point than Canola oil.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoke_point
    No supplement has the power that is greater than the power of eatin' clean and liftin' hard.

Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    CoConut oil(450 F), or seseme seed oil(also 450F). Both are stable at high heats.
    Personally I think peanut oil(440F) is a good oil to fry with too, because it has a good taste, higher heat index, and a commendable stability.
    Coconut oil is heavy, and seseme seed oil has such a strong flavor, which is why I would suggest peanut.

Personally I would not suggest deep frying with olive oil(due to the strong taste), and certainly not virgin or extra virgin. At moderate temps virgin olive oils will become unstable, and you end up with trans fats.

[EDIT]
    Posted just a little too late Good post above!
    Extra virgin olive oil has a lower smoke point of approximately 250 degrees. Big difference between extra virgin @250 and refined @410.
    According to another site, grapeseed oil and avacado oil would also be good high heat oils to use for frying.
    Does anyone know if this forum allows degreee symbols?
    Last edited by Iron-engineer; 02-20-2007 at 10:22 AM.

Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Iron-engineer View Post
    At moderate temps virgin olive oils will become unstable, and you end up with trans fats.
    I'm confused as to why so many people on this forum believe that trans fat can be produced simply by over-heating an oil. Hydrogenation requires a catalyst. The oil may become rancid, but it does not magically turn into a trans fatty acid.

Good post otherwise

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, the olive oil turns rancid. I'm not sure if "trans-fat" is the correct term.

When someone says deep-frying I assume they mean at high temperature. If you deep fry at a low-medium temperature the food will actually absorb more of the oil.

Canola oil is very healthy. It is also monounsaturated. It is light and gives your food a nice flavour whether deep frying or shallow frying. Safflower and sunflower oils are also good choices.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

31-26-36.

Mother of 3

OK if it makes a difference....I meant to say "shallow fry" (pan fry). Flounder to be exact.

Light olive oil or canola oil could be used. Not virgin or extra virgin olive oil (as in the link)
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Yeah, the olive oil turns rancid. I'm not sure if "trans-fat" is the correct term.

When someone says deep-frying I assume they mean at high temperature. If you deep fry at a low-medium temperature the food will actually absorb more of the oil.

Canola oil is very healthy. It is also monounsaturated. It is light and gives your food a nice flavour whether deep frying or shallow frying. Safflower and sunflower oils are also good choices.
    Here are some recipes for reference. These are all taken from The Food Network, and they all use olive oil for deep frying (ranging from 325F to 375F). When someone says "deep frying", I'm assuming that they mean at a temperature that is high enough to cook the food with satisfactory results. Unless you're in a big hurry, there is probably no need to go above 375F.

Fried Mozzarella Bites
    Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
    "Heat 2 inches olive oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat. Cut each pound of mozzarella and smoked mozzarella into 16 cubes..."
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._21368,00.html

Potato Doughnuts: Bombe Dolci di Patate

Recipe copyright 2000, Mario Batali
    "In a tall-sided pot heat the liter of olive oil to 375 degrees F. Working in batches, fry the doughnuts in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes..."
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._14492,00.html

Akara
    Show: Sara's Secrets
    "Drop into a pot of hot olive oil, heated to 360 degrees F. Fry until golden brown..."
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._32946,00.html

Fried Ravioli
    Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
    "Pour enough olive oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325 degrees F..."
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._33169,00.html

Fried Clams and Oysters
    Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
    "Pour enough olive oil into a large, deep, heavy frying pan to reach a depth of 3 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees F..".
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._33703,00.html

A quick google of the keywords "canola" "oil" "healthy" "studies" will bring up numerous articles that shine a negative light on canola oil http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Another quick google with the keywords "olive" "oil" "healthy" "studies" will bring up numerous articles that only talk of the benefits of olive oil http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...es&btnG=Search

Olive Oil > Canola Oil > Lard
    Last edited by heyzeus909; 02-20-2007 at 12:48 PM.

He must be on creatine! slaydox's Avatar
    slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Id say peanut oil, i mean we all eat peanuts and peanut butter this is just the fat from the peanut =D lol.

The so called "negative studies" for canola oil are not for the commonly used canola oil at all, but for unrefined rapeseed oil. Unrefined rapeseed oil contains high amounts of erucic acid and glucosinolates, both of which are undesirable for human consumption. Unrefined rapeseed oil is ~50% erucic acid. Canola oil is approximately 0.5% erucic acid.

The article from www.whfoods.com confirmed that light olive oil can be used up to very high temperatures. I however prefer to have variety in my fats, and use both olive oil and canola oil for cooking. As well canola oil is cheaper. Anyways, it's your call.
    Last edited by terracotta; 02-20-2007 at 02:18 PM.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'm also pretty sure that most GOOD fats, when boiled, are turned into trans fat.

Beneficial effects on platelet function from canola oil: http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/54/2/351
    American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 54, 351-358, Copyright ? 1991 by The American Society for Clinical Nutrition, Inc

ORIGINAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS
    Effects of diets high in saturated fatty acids, canola oil, or safflower oil on platelet function, thromboxane B2 formation, and fatty acid composition of platelet phospholipids

JS Kwon, JT Snook, GM Wardlaw and DH Hwang
    Department of Human Nutrition, Ohio State University, Columbus.

Platelet function and fatty acid composition were investigated in 30 healthy male subjects who ate a controlled-saturated-fatty-acid (baseline) diet for 3 wk and then consumed either safflower oil or canola oil as a major fat source for 8 wk. Fatty acid composition of platelet phospholipids reflected changes in dietary fatty acid composition. Compared with baseline a 35% decrease (P less than 0.05) in arachidonic acid was observed in platelet phospholipids of the canola-oil diet group while long chain n-3 fatty acids rose 7-26% (P greater than 0.05). Compared with baseline both unsaturated-fatty-acid diets reduced platelet aggregation at 3 wk of oil-based diet feeding (P less than 0.01) whereas only canola oil influenced platelet function (lowered ATP secretion) at 8 wk (P less than 0.01). No significant difference was observed in thromboxane B2 concentrations between oil- treatment groups at 8 wk. Both oil-based diets had short-term beneficial effects on platelet function but the effect of canola oil persisted longer.
    In conclusion, in this study both safflower-oil and canola-oil diets temporarily reduced platelet aggregation. The canola-oil-based diet appeared to have more persistent effects on platelet function when we considered ADP secretion and lag time in platelet aggregation. These effects in a small way might reduce incidence of thrombogenic atherosclerosis compared with effects of a diet high in saturated fats.
    http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/69/5/890
    Alpha-linolenic acid and ischemic heart disease in women.
    Dietary intake of {alpha}-linolenic acid and risk of fatal ischemic heart disease among women1,2,3
    Frank B Hu, Meir J Stampfer, JoAnn E Manson, Eric B Rimm, Alicja Wolk, Graham A Colditz, Charles H Hennekens and Walter C Willett

Background: Experimental studies in laboratory animals and humans suggest that {alpha}-linolenic acid (18:3n-3) may reduce the risk of arrhythmia.

Objective: The objective was to examine the association between dietary intake of {alpha}-linolenic acid and risk of fatal ischemic heart disease (IHD).

Design: This was a prospective cohort study. The intake of {alpha}-linolenic acid was derived from a 116-item food-frequency questionnaire completed in 1984 by 76283 women without previously diagnosed cancer or cardiovascular disease.

Results: During 10 y of follow-up, we documented 232 cases of fatal IHD and 597 cases of nonfatal myocardial infarction. After adjustment for age, standard coronary risk factors, and dietary intake of linoleic acid and other nutrients, a higher intake of {alpha}-linolenic acid was associated with a lower relative risk (RR) of fatal IHD; the RRs from the lowest to highest quintiles were 1.0, 0.99, 0.90, 0.67, and 0.55 (95% CI: 0.32, 0.94; P for trend = 0.01). For nonfatal myocardial infarction there was only a modest, nonsignificant trend toward a reduced risk when extreme quintiles were compared (RR: 0.85; 95% CI: 0.61, 1.19; P for trend = 0.50). A higher intake of oil and vinegar salad dressing, an important source of {alpha}-linolenic acid, was associated with reduced risk of fatal IHD when women who consumed this food >=5?6 times/wk were compared with those who rarely consumed this food (RR: 0.46; 95% CI: 0.27, 0.76; P for trend = 0.001).

Conclusions: This study supports the hypothesis that a higher intake of {alpha}-linolenic acid is protective against fatal IHD. Higher consumption of foods such as oil-based salad dressing that provide polyunsaturated fats, including {alpha}-linolenic acid, may reduce the risk of fatal IHD.
    I've attached the PDF for the second one. It is a good read.

Next time you search use http://scholar.google.com
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fish Oil np

OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yep just prick 10,000 fish oil tablets and squeeze into a deep fryer.

What do the long term studies say about canola oil?

Ok, that was a trick question: there aren't any long term studies. It was only invented...err, "engineered/modified" a couple of decades ago. Olive oil has been around for a few thousand years. It's health benefits are well documented and negativity surrounding its use is hard to find. The opposite can be said of canola oil.

"These effects in a small way might reduce incidence of thrombogenic atherosclerosis compared with effects of a diet high in saturated fats"

Saying that canola oil, in comparison to a diet high in saturated fats, "might" in a "small way" improve cardiovascular risk assessment due to it's ability to thin blood really isn't saying that much, imo. I would think that would be the case with most low sat fat oils.

In fact, some are concerned that canola oil may actually supress the normal developmental platelet count.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

But still, it looks like we found some common ground here: Canola oil is better than a hight saturated fat diet.

Olive oil > Canola oil > Lard

SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Everybody forget about Enova oil? The only oil I use.
    money is the motivation

Originally Posted by SF_Muscle_ View Post
    Everybody forget about Enova oil? The only oil I use.

Do enova's grow on trees...or do they grow on plants? How many enova's do you have to squash to get a liter of oil? Or do they extract it from the enova seeds?

SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SF_Muscle_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by heyzeus909 View Post
    Do enova's grow on trees...or do they grow on plants? How many enova's do you have to squash to get a liter of oil? Or do they extract it from the enova seeds?
    Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.
    money is the motivation

alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Iron-engineer View Post
    CoConut oil(450 F), or seseme seed oil(also 450F). Both are stable at high heats.
    Personally I think peanut oil(440F) is a good oil to fry with too, because it has a good taste, higher heat index, and a commendable stability.
    Coconut oil is heavy, and seseme seed oil has such a strong flavor, which is why I would suggest peanut.

Personally I would not suggest deep frying with olive oil(due to the strong taste), and certainly not virgin or extra virgin. At moderate temps virgin olive oils will become unstable, and you end up with trans fats.

[EDIT]
    Posted just a little too late Good post above!
    Extra virgin olive oil has a lower smoke point of approximately 250 degrees. Big difference between extra virgin @250 and refined @410.
    According to another site, grapeseed oil and avacado oil would also be good high heat oils to use for frying.
    Does anyone know if this forum allows degreee symbols?

isnt coconut oil like one of the worst possible oils you can eat?
    Anyone can be ripped at 160 pounds. It's not impressive, its called being skinny.