Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Protein Powder with low Sodium

the lowest ive used is MRM which had 40g per scoop, any of you know any that are less than that?
    18 Weeks Until the Stage, Check out the new log in contest prep section!

"In justice anywhere,
    is a threat to justice everywhere."

Twitter & Instgram --> thekidslater_

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PuRpLeRaiiDeR View Post
    the lowest ive used is MRM which had 40g per scoop, any of you know any that are less than that?
    40 grams of sodium is quite a bit.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRpLeRaiiDeR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Elliptical Envy View Post
    ... sarcasm? :|

"In justice anywhere,

I'm only wondering for about the last week'ish before my contest.

"In justice anywhere,

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Uh. I don't know of any isolates even that have less than 40mg sodium. That is pretty damn low.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did you mean 40mg sodium per scoop?

Generally, whey protein isolate will have less sodium than whey protein concentrate or a blend of protein. Are you working with a prep coach?

Echo in Eternity

Did you mean 40mg sodium per scoop?

Generally, whey protein isolate will have less sodium than whey protein concentrate or a blend of protein. Are you working with a prep coach?
    Yeah per scoop, ill probably just stick with my MRM then as it has 40 per scoop.

And no I am not.

"In justice anywhere,

njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cut sodium week before the contest.....never once......really going to make very little difference. Either you are ripped to the bone or not. Planning to cut water too i presume?

Originally Posted by njmuscle66 View Post
    Cut sodium week before the contest.....never once......really going to make very little difference. Either you are ripped to the bone or not. Planning to cut water too i presume?
    Not total wipe out, just cut. Actually drink more water, cut back 7 days before show, no water day before or day of, maybe 12oz day before show.

Right now I'm around 1500-200 depending on the day with sodium, I have a thread asking these questions but no one seems to answer.

"In justice anywhere,

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well you have to be careful of what you limit as the body may decide to compensate. This is where a prep coach becomes invaluable.
    Psych & handcuffs

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Well you have to be careful of what you limit as the body may decide to compensate. This is where a prep coach becomes invaluable.
    Would rather ask the questions on here than pay extra money out for my first show.

"In justice anywhere,

Would rather ask the questions on here than pay extra money out for my first show.
    I understand that, but the purpose of a coach is to have someone knowledgeable who works with you and knows your body, sometimes even better than you know it. You spend the weeks before your show manipulating water and sodium and carbs to determine how your body responds to changes. Then you know exactly what you need to do that few days/week before your show. Honestly, i wouldn't drop sodium too low, your body may decide to counter that drop and retain a bunch of water or worse. Just like i'm not a huge fan of guys who basically stop taking in liquid the day or 2 before their show, that can be a recipie for disaster.
    Psych & handcuffs

njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not total wipe out, just cut. Actually drink more water, cut back 7 days before show, no water day before or day of, maybe 12oz day before show.

Right now I'm around 1500-200 depending on the day with sodium, I have a thread asking these questions but no one seems to answer.
    Ok I was just checking. Not a bad plan. Just find people are too drastic with their last week manipulation. Tapering water is good....cutting it totally out is not. I just try to emphasize to people, especially if drug free, don't over think the last week. The body does not like sudden deviation from what it has been doing the past 12-16 weeks. Good luck man

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    I understand that, but the purpose of a coach is to have someone knowledgeable who works with you and knows your body, sometimes even better than you know it. You spend the weeks before your show manipulating water and sodium and carbs to determine how your body responds to changes. Then you know exactly what you need to do that few days/week before your show. Honestly, i wouldn't drop sodium too low, your body may decide to counter that drop and retain a bunch of water or worse. Just like i'm not a huge fan of guys who basically stop taking in liquid the day or 2 before their show, that can be a recipie for disaster.
    Ok I was just checking. Not a bad plan. Just find people are too drastic with their last week manipulation. Tapering water is good....cutting it totally out is not. I just try to emphasize to people, especially if drug free, don't over think the last week. The body does not like sudden deviation from what it has been doing the past 12-16 weeks. Good luck man

I really appreciate both of your replies, seem to be the only two that actually help haha. However, I think I came off wrong with the sodium question. I will never drop it lower than 1200, I love my Bob Evans sausage and Hickory Smoked Bacon way to much With that being said, I want the lowest amounts in my shakes because I will be getting enough through other sources. 2 gallons of water from 8 weeks out about up until show time, maybe 1/2 gallon one and two days out and a bottle on show day just for sips.

"In justice anywhere,

I really appreciate both of your replies, seem to be the only two that actually help haha. However, I think I came off wrong with the sodium question. I will never drop it lower than 1200, I love my Bob Evans sausage and Hickory Smoked Bacon way to much With that being said, I want the lowest amounts in my shakes because I will be getting enough through other sources. 2 gallons of water from 8 weeks out about up until show time, maybe 1/2 gallon one and two days out and a bottle on show day just for sips.
    Sounds like a good plan. I have done probably 10 shows and never used a prep coach. I see an over reliance on them personally. If I was going for a Procard sure but part of the fun and challenge is the actual prep process. Honestly my placings never mattered to me, even though I placed well, it was all about personal transformation. Enjoy the journey.

Sounds like a good plan. I have done probably 10 shows and never used a prep coach. I see an over reliance on them personally. If I was going for a Procard sure but part of the fun and challenge is the actual prep process. Honestly my placings never mattered to me, even though I placed well, it was all about personal transformation. Enjoy the journey.
    Chuck for pro card in 2013!!!!

Echo in Eternity

Thumbs up

Chuck for pro card in 2013!!!!
    yesssir!

You guys should check this out and give me your opinions

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=153057691

"In justice anywhere,

bodeh66 is just really nice. (+1000) bodeh66 is just really nice. (+1000) bodeh66 is just really nice. (+1000) bodeh66 is just really nice. (+1000) bodeh66 is just really nice. (+1000) bodeh66 is just really nice. (+1000) bodeh66 is just really nice. (+1000) bodeh66 is just really nice. (+1000) bodeh66 is just really nice. (+1000) bodeh66 is just really nice. (+1000) bodeh66 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Trutein Chocolate is 45MG per scoop and Vanilla is 50MG per scoop.
    CountryMike Appreciation Crew

Originally Posted by bodeh66 View Post
    Trutein Chocolate is 45MG per scoop and Vanilla is 50MG per scoop.
    Good amount of Omegas

"In justice anywhere,

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so you ate salt?

umm... what?

"In justice anywhere,

thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Great thread!

Great thread - lots of good information so far.

I have a peak/photo shoot day on the 28th of June'13 so I'm on a countdown myself.
    Historically, i've entered peak days just like that - no special/drastic alterations in the last couple of weeks. I've generally come good but this time, I intend to follow the plan Jim Stoppani suggest.. it's called '7 scientific steps to camera ready body' and is available on here under fun section (sorry cant paste links).

Jim also suggests dropping Sodium down to 600mg or less in the final 5 days.
    I know people will have their own experiences & opinions but Jim's plans have always worked for me so that's what I'm going to try & do.
    What's making me nervous is this water - I'm a water drinker & to drop right down..I dont know!

What are some of the other choices you guys make to cut sodium down?
    Get rid of eggs?

I'm starting to wonder what I will eat!! except chicken & MRM shakes, lol
    Will + Intent + Discipline + Belief = Results.

twitter / instagram / tumblr / fb: @nitinma

thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10) thatdamngoood is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    umm... what?
    think that's because you accidentally wrote 40g.. as opposed to 40mg ;-)
    Will + Intent + Discipline + Belief = Results.

twitter / instagram / tumblr / fb: @nitinma

samps6 is just really nice. (+1000) samps6 is just really nice. (+1000) samps6 is just really nice. (+1000) samps6 is just really nice. (+1000) samps6 is just really nice. (+1000) samps6 is just really nice. (+1000) samps6 is just really nice. (+1000) samps6 is just really nice. (+1000) samps6 is just really nice. (+1000) samps6 is just really nice. (+1000) samps6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i´ve never seen a recommendation of using whey weeks/days before contest.. normally u should drop it, and stick to protein from FOOD!
    Favourite diet:
    Eating all day long Or Intermittent Fasting.

Favourite Supps:
    Joints: Animal flex, Collagen, Vit-C... etc
    Pre-WO stack: CAffeine+CM+AAKG+L-Arginine+BA
    Essentials: multivit, O3, Creatine Monohidrate
    Others: F95, Evomuse Abliderate

Originally Posted by samps6 View Post
    i´ve never seen a recommendation of using whey weeks/days before contest.. normally u should drop it, and stick to protein from FOOD!
    Other then it being your suggestion, why do you think protein shakes should not be consumed pre contest. I typically consumed 2 maybe 3 solid meals pre contest with rest of my nutrition being shakes. Yes meals might be more satisfying to some but that is pretty much it.

I think I ended up looking ok using whey throughout my preps

Here is something Layne Norton posted on the topic

Thought you guys might find this interesting. I know you've heard more and more 'gurus' say to eat solid food instead of shakes because solid food has a greater effect on thermogenesis. Well the actual research suggests that liquifying meals actually induces a GREATER thermogenic response, not a smaller one.

Br J Nutr. 2000 Jun;83(6):623-8.
    The physical state of a meal affects hormone release and postprandial thermogenesis.

Peracchi M, Santangelo A, Conte D, Fraquelli M, Tagliabue R, Gebbia C, Porrini M.

Department of Gastroenterology, University of Milan, Ospedale Maggiore-IRCCS, Italy. gastrbia@imiucca.csi.unimi.it

There is evidence that food consistency may influence postprandial physiological responses. Recently we found that homogenization of a vegetable-rich meal significantly delayed the gastric emptying rate and was more satiating than the same meal in solid-liquid form. In this present study we investigated whether homogenization also influences endocrine and metabolic responses to the meal. Eight healthy men, aged 21-28 (mean 24.5) years, were given the meal (cooked vegetables 250 g, cheese 35 g, croutons 50 g and olive oil 25 g, with water 300 ml; total energy 2.6 MJ) in both solid-liquid (SM) and homogenized (HM) form, in random order, at 1-week intervals. Variables assayed were plasma glucose, insulin and glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP) levels for 2 h and diet-induced thermogenesis (DIT) for 5 h. Plasma glucose pattern was similar after both meals. However, HM induced significantly greater insulin, GIP and DIT responses than SM. Mean integrated areas under the curves (AUC) were 1.7 (SEM 0.38) v. 1.2 (SEM 0.33) U/l per 120 min (P = 0.005) for insulin, 19.9 (SEM 2.44) v. 16 (SEM 1.92) nmol/l per 120 min (P = 0.042) for GIP, and 237.7 (SEM 16.32) v. 126.4 (SEM 23.48) kJ/300 min (P = 0.0029) for DIT respectively. Differences between GIP-AUC after HM and SM correlated significantly with differences between insulin-AUC after HM and SM (r2 0.62, P = 0.021). These findings demonstrate that homogenization of a meal results in a coordinated series of changes of physiological gastroentero-pancreatic functions and confirm that the physical state of the meal plays an important role in modulating endocrine and metabolic responses to food.

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Chuck you don't count.

We all know you are a ****ing wizard in body re-comp. So quit rubbing it in would ya?

Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dang Chuck, how old were you in that pic? solid physique!!

@OP, back on topic...

here's some other low sodium options, listed per serving:

VPX Zero Carb SRO (40mg)
    www.bodybuilding.com whey (50mg)
    All-Max Isoflex (53mg)

All taste great, to boot.
    Team VPX Sports

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/vpx.htm
    www.Instagram.com/VPX_Sports
    E-mail your information below for samples!
    Samples@vpxsports.com

DISCLAIMER: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    Chuck you don't count.

We all know you are a ****ing wizard in body re-comp. So quit rubbing it in would ya?

Lol

Certainly not a wizard lately but that is due to a lack of effort on my part

The take home message is within the study Layne references. If someone wants to just prepare and eat solid food throughout prep....great...but on the other hand....a reliance on shakes will work too.

Celebrating a birthday soon which usually triggers me wanting to get back into shape.....so maybe the "recomp wizard" will be at it again lol.

Originally Posted by DoitsuJin View Post
    dang Chuck, how old were you in that pic? solid physique!!

@OP, back on topic...

here's some other low sodium options, listed per serving:

VPX Zero Carb SRO (40mg)
    www.bodybuilding.com whey (50mg)
    All-Max Isoflex (53mg)

All taste great, to boot.
    Pictures were from back in 07 when I placed in the NPC PA. I was 41 at the time. Been awhile since I've done a show.......but thinking about it again.

nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    SRO zero carb protein will be what you need
    Fck your "Company rep rule violation"