Thread: One Big Meal?

LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10)

One Big Meal?

Something I wanted to ask about, there's nothing wrong with fasting the whole day and just having one big meal before bed right? I eat 1760 calories a day, I only ever seem to get hungry after doing cardio but I'm not since I've cut down on it. I figured I'd just have myself a nice pizza, burger on wheat bread, sweet potato, and some other snacks as a dinner. That rounds out to be about just under 1700 calories and under my daily allotment. Is that okay? Speaking of which am I the only person who does this?

Wadecounty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wadecounty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wadecounty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wadecounty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wadecounty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wadecounty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wadecounty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wadecounty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wadecounty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wadecounty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wadecounty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its fine and you're not the only person who does this. Meal timing having a substantial effect on weight loss/gain is pretty much a myth.

anonymust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'd say you should have a LARGE breakfast, and just water the rest of the day...

Or snack on some fruits and veggies high in water, such as:
    Watermelons
    oranges
    Tomatoes
    lettuce
    Bell peppers
    cucumbers
    pineapples

I had an obese friend who did this and 'claimed' he to lost on average 1.7 lbs a week before he started working out
    Originally Posted by LiftingStrong View Post
    Something I wanted to ask about, there's nothing wrong with fasting the whole day and just having one big meal before bed right? I eat 1760 calories a day, I only ever seem to get hungry after doing cardio but I'm not since I've cut down on it. I figured I'd just have myself a nice pizza, burger on wheat bread, sweet potato, and some other snacks as a dinner. That rounds out to be about just under 1700 calories and under my daily allotment. Is that okay? Speaking of which am I the only person who does this?
    Last edited by anonymust; 05-27-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: spelling.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by anonymust View Post
    I'd say you should have a LARGE breakfast, and just water the rest of the day...

Or snack on some fruits and veggies high in water, such as:
    Watermelons
    oranges
    Tomatoes
    lettuce
    Bell peppers
    cucumbers
    pineapples

I had an obese friend who did this and 'claimed' he to lost on average 1.7 lbs a week before he started working out
    lmao, thats a good way to be hungry the rest of the day
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

jeffreyweee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreyweee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreyweee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreyweee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreyweee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreyweee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreyweee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreyweee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreyweee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreyweee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffreyweee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LiftingStrong View Post
    Calorie-wise that's fine but that diet is extremely weak in micronutrients.

LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jeffreyweee View Post
    Calorie-wise that's fine but that diet is extremely weak in micronutrients.
    Well, I won't be sticking to that same thing everyday of course. :P Plus if it counts for anything, I take a One-A-Day Teen everyday.
    Last edited by LiftingStrong; 05-27-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Wadecounty7 View Post
    Its fine and you're not the only person who does this. Meal timing having a substantial effect on weight loss/gain is pretty much a myth.
    WTF is wrong with you people? First, IF now this? Do you have any clue wtf you're doing? Or talking about? Go look at how the F$$$$ing pros eat. Telling people 1 meal a day is the same is 5-7 is amazingly retarded. So your body can absorb 200+g of protein in one setting? Go pick 5 bb pros randomly and see how they eat and know why.

So you tards think a pro can just drink their 5k shake in the morning and be gtg all day? Catch a clue. Read my other IF/1 meal is retarded posts if you need some help. Jesus. Just because some 140 lb Aber $ Fitch guys eat 1-2 meals a day on bb.com doesn't mean it's not retarded. Go look at the pros -- all of them. They are not doing IF, they do not eat 1 meal/day.

What's next after this stupid S$$$? Telling people eating one JUMBO meal/week is cool? WHOOOHOOO I ate me 25,000 cals on Saturday and hit all my macros for the week... WOOOHOO!!

READ SOME ARTICLES FROM PROS AS TO WHY THEY FAVOR THE 5-7 SMALL MEAL SET-UP AND THE PROTEIN TIMINGS. UNDERSTAND THIS.

WHHOOOhoo... ate me 12 burgers and two pizzas on sunday and hit all my weekly macros... woo hoo... I'm at 135 pounds looking good, cutting down to 125 soon!... whoohooo
    Last edited by Ralikar; 05-27-2013 at 08:13 PM.

NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedsToCut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't listen to the ignorant person above me, Yes you can have one huge meal and hit your macro nutrients and you'll be okay. meal frequency doesn't matter. Yes your body will store the protein but it'll all be used eventually based off of what norton says.