Set a goal & achieve it! mscriven's Avatar
    mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50) mscriven will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Gopro Hero 3 Black?

I'm considering a Gopro Hero 3 but I've read a LOT of negatives about it. I've read it fries Sandisk 64gb class 10 cards (which I have and was going to use with it), seriously poor battery life (less than an hour), freezing and lock ups, loads of firmware bugs, etc.

Anyone have one of these? Are the problems that prevelant, or is it useable with a few work arounds?

Thanks.

Stunt Professional WhiteKnight4U's Avatar
    WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bumping was just about to order one

misc is always best place for advice
    "If death is victory; how afraid of life can we be?"
    "In order to be brave or courageous, you must first be consumed with fear, for a person who is not afraid cannot be brave."
    Invert Y-axis crew

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also in for answer to this - was about to buy one and then was scared off by some pretty grim reviews. I understand most of the issues were firmware problems - I don't know whether these have been sorted yet...
    Anyone?

WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    Also in for answer to this - was about to buy one and then was scared off by some pretty grim reviews. I understand most of the issues were firmware problems - I don't know whether these have been sorted yet...
    Anyone?
    I don't even know what firmware is
    "In order to be brave or courageous, you must first be consumed with fear, for a person who is not afraid cannot be brave."
    Invert Y-axis crew

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WhiteKnight4U View Post
    I don't even know what firmware is
    It's how hardware is programmed. All the little pins and cards and little bendy things attached to a board "program" how the board will behave once it's plugged in. This is known as "firmware" because it's between hardware and software.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    It's how hardware is programmed. All the little pins and cards and little bendy things attached to a board "program" how the board will behave once it's plugged in. This is known as "firmware" because it's between hardware and software.
    Intredasting\bump
    Invert Y-axis crew

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are several other choices out there with better options. The Gopro's come with nothing, no LCD sceen, have a crappy battery life. You can buy the add on's but for much cheaper you can get great camera's with everything included. I was in the market for a gopro but ended up picking the Olympus tg2. A little pricey, but the battery lasts forever, it has highspeed recording, LCD screen and of course, water proof, shock proof and endures extreme cold. Sorry if I sound like an advert, just giving my opinion for what it's worth. The Gopro seemed cool, but when you have no LCD screen and have to just point and pray I don't think it's worth it.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    There are several other choices out there with better options. The Gopro's come with nothing, no LCD sceen, have a crappy battery life. You can buy the add on's but for much cheaper you can get great camera's with everything included. I was in the market for a gopro but ended up picking the Olympus tg2. A little pricey, but the battery lasts forever, it has highspeed recording, LCD screen and of course, water proof, shock proof and endures extreme cold. Sorry if I sound like an advert, just giving my opinion for what it's worth. The Gopro seemed cool, but when you have no LCD screen and have to just point and pray I don't think it's worth it.
    Link it up bro

dunno if I want the LCD screen or care for that, and are there additional batteries you can purchase for the GoPro for cheap? I got a double length one for my phone for like $30 ... was not upset about that purchase at all.

I'd be using this for on my motorcycle\bike\anything else fun I do
    Invert Y-axis crew

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    Sorry if I sound like an advert, just giving my opinion for what it's worth.
    What do you think of the Gethin programme?

Will check out the Olympus tg2 directly... Thanks GnF

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    What do you think of the Gethin programme?

Will check out the Olympus tg2 directly... Thanks GnF

lol, It's a great cam, but there are others also, that's just the one I chose after researching.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining