WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10) WannaGetJACKED is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Whats the best commercial gym to start at?!

Hey guys, right now I am working at Gold's Gym but I just realized how bad of a choice it is. Most of the people that go to a gym like Golds are usually very strong and experienced and personal training doesn't seem to get much business(at least the one near me). I was very excited to start there, but I have to find my own clients and it is really tough. I am not complaining... I just feel that this gym isn't a good place to start unless you are extremely experienced. Most of the people there are in tip top shape and it is hard to attract clients. With this being said I am going to start searching for another gym to start at. I was curious if anyone can give me any information on a good commercial gym to start at? I am brand new to this and would love to hear how you guys got started/ where and how you started getting clients. Thanks!!!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.

You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.

The greatest achievement was at first, and for a time, but a dream.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Dude, it has been two weeks since you posted about the pay thing. You are new, you aren't going to get clients right off of the bat, and if you start at another gym you just have to start from zero again. There is TONS of advice in this forum (some of it has already been given to you) about how to attract new clients and work hard to get/keep them but if you jump ship now you will just be shooting yourself in the foot.

Like I've said before, expect it to take 3-6 MONTHS before you are even remotely busy (20 hours a week). It has been two weeks. Chill and keep working at it, it will happen if you do the right things you need to do.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I usualy recommend people work at YMCAs or Jewish Community Centers. They pay a bit more and put more emphaiss on helping people than making money. Since you are brand new I recommend you read the dozens of personal trainer blog posts I put up at my personal site and at HelpForPersonalTrainers.com. I want you to know what I know. take advantage of it.
    Good luck
    Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WannaGetJACKED View Post
    Hey guys, right now I am working at Gold's Gym but I just realized how bad of a choice it is. Most of the people that go to a gym like Golds are usually very strong and experienced and personal training doesn't seem to get much business(at least the one near me). I was very excited to start there, but I have to find my own clients and it is really tough. I am not complaining... I just feel that this gym isn't a good place to start unless you are extremely experienced. Most of the people there are in tip top shape and it is hard to attract clients. With this being said I am going to start searching for another gym to start at. I was curious if anyone can give me any information on a good commercial gym to start at? I am brand new to this and would love to hear how you guys got started/ where and how you started getting clients. Thanks!!!
    Didn't I tell you that commercial gyms stink for places of employment? If you really want to take a client who is obese and de-conditioned, then get out of the commercial gym. I was good at the commercial gym I started at because I was good at sales and working with people. If you can't do those things, it wont matter where you go. stay at your gym, and talk to everyone. Observe their workouts, confirm their goals with them, and then show them your value in that you can improve their workout.
    NASM (CPT)
    ISSA (CFT)

Registered User ericzimmerman34's Avatar
    ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I started at Fitness Connection and it was a horrible experience! I am more than satisfied at 24 even though it seems to get a bad wrap sometimes. I enjoy it however as they help you get clients and its not a dead end job. You can become a assistant fit manager to fit manager to club manager. And if you do your time (approx 1.5-3 years) the master trainers make very good money. That is minimum wage plus 20% of each sale, plus 26% of the session cost. The master trainers also charge 10 dollars more than the other trainers. Give it time to build up your schedule and get with your club and fitness managers to help give you advice on sales. Really work on developing yourself right now as you are entry level not how much your making as that will come with time. Make sure to exercise at the gym, go to all the group x classes you can and the more people start to see you the more theyll start to request you. Best of luck bro your in for a fun and rewarding job!
    Obssession is a word lazy people use to describe dedication.

If your not nervous before going to the gym your probably not working out hard enough (my new favorite quote)

B.S. in Exercise and Sports Science
    Cooper Functional Trainer Cert.
    NASM CES in progress

jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I train at a Gold's Gym in Lawrenceville, NJ. We get paid an average of 30 - 40.00 per session depending on what package they buy. At our Gold's Gym it's more of a family type gym.

NYCoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

you already learned your first lesson!

Originally Posted by WannaGetJACKED View Post
    WoffieNug is right! However your are already in the learning process and don't even know it

1-You have to hustle on your own
    2- "most people" big or not are so flooded with misleading info(many with good) that 85% of people you approach will "know what they're doing"...Not really-but your job is not to tell them they are wrong BUT to gather info on how, where and why they do what they do. My friend this PT in not built for thos without patience and open eyes.

Here is good advice: Talk and listen to as many people you can in your current gym, build rapport and make a strong network. have these guys show you how they got to their current status. let them work you out and use this info as your own library on how people think and why.....hopefully you follow. Trust me this is better than anything you will learn from an new pt position.

learn, learn, learning is key!

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    YMCAs and Jewish Community Centers. They usually pay more and put less emphasis on how much revenue you need to generate per pay period.
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com