Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Gains on a Bro Split

I know gains come from food but the way you train plays a part of course. I always hear how 5 day splits suck but has anyone gotten good gains on one? I'm on P/P/L and I see my friends making better gains with a. 5 day split, thanks.

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5 day splits don't suck.

extrapolating current research on the subject indicates that higher frequency (everybody part every 3-5 days) would have a slight advantage over lower frequency (once a week) over a longer period of time for the "average" person

but there is still so much we don't know, and the research on the subject is very imprecise, with many limitations and assumptions being made to extrapolate the conclusion "higher frequency is better"
    But if you are looking for a hint from scientific research, yes, higher frequency seems to be better, ecpecially for beginners. But that could change.

Also that's not taking into account that some people often respond better to lower frequency, whether due to psychological/personal reasons or their own physiological/genetic variations.

Registered User WorkoutFreak219's Avatar
    WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Aleks620 View Post
    I know gains come from food but the way you train plays a part of course. I always hear how 5 day splits suck but has anyone gotten good gains on one? I'm on P/P/L and I see my friends making better gains with a. 5 day split, thanks.
    Because there diet is better.
    A lot of things play a role on gains, Im going to list them in order.
    -Genetic values Yeah many people over look this. For example if you were taking the same anabolics as kai greene most likely you still won't reach his degree of size/porportions
    -Sleep ( You grow while you sleep, Make sure to get a minimum of 8 hours a night)
    -Diet ( If you are not in a calorie surplus you won't grow its simple, You can not be in a calorie deficit and expect to grow)

^These 3 things play the BIGGEST ROLES . Don't get thrown off by genetics 99% of the crowd can get a great build, it will vary some might be bigger than other due to the fact they put more muscle mass more efficiently. My black friend for example, Kid puts muscle mass at a faster rate. It is what It is.

5 Day splits work, but why not do something more efficient? AKA More Frequency

Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleks620 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    5 day splits don't suck.

extrapolating current research on the subject indicates that higher frequency (everybody part every 3-5 days) would have a slight advantage over lower frequency (once a week) over a longer period of time for the "average" person

but there is still so much we don't know, and the research on the subject is very imprecise, with many limitations and assumptions being made to extrapolate the conclusion "higher frequency is better"
    But if you are looking for a hint from scientific research, yes, higher frequency seems to be better, ecpecially for beginners. But that could change.

Also that's not taking into account that some people often respond better to lower frequency, whether due to psychological/personal reasons or their own physiological/genetic variations.
    Thanks for all that info! I think I responded better to 5 days so I might try it again. Repped, but its not like my reps are any good haha.

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Any type of routine works. Frequency really doesn't make a big difference like the delusional kids on this site believe
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?

Registered User WorkoutFreak219's Avatar
    WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tb0282 View Post
    Any type of routine works. Frequency really doesn't make a big difference like the delusional kids on this site believe
    Yeah anything works.
    But Studies have shown frequency>
    All studies have flaws though.

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tb0282 View Post
    So true. This section is so full of parrots is not even funny.

Originally Posted by WorkoutFreak219 View Post
    Yeah anything works.
    But Studies have shown frequency>
    All studies have flaws though.
    Not really. It's not just that the "studies have flaws"

The main potential source of error is the assumptions that the studies you speak of correlate to "high frequency training is better"

SeboAmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeboAmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeboAmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeboAmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeboAmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeboAmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeboAmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeboAmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeboAmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeboAmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeboAmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personal preference plays a role as well.. When I started lifting 2 months ago, I was doing a bro split, 4 days a week, although I felt like my muscles recovered faster than I thought and didnt need an entire week to hit the iron again..

longest name on teh misc SammmyChannnnnn's Avatar
    SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're gonna stick to a 5 day split and be consistent because you like it, rather than a higher frequency training, then you'll get better gains in the long run from the 5 day split.

It not the frequency of training that matters much. It's more of your consistency and progressive overload in any program as well as your diet that determines your gains in the long run.

AyeGeeZee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AyeGeeZee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AyeGeeZee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AyeGeeZee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AyeGeeZee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AyeGeeZee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AyeGeeZee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AyeGeeZee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AyeGeeZee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AyeGeeZee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AyeGeeZee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I put this up yesterday http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=154271061
    I found my best gains on the "bro split"
    A lot of people who seem to talk **** about me because I use it are smaller
    Do what you feel you get the best results in.

petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    5 day splits don't suck.

ive been thinking about this recently, and this is my theory:

the reason that people on bro splits do so oddly well is because they are consistent, and consistency is the number one thing that will make you succeed. people who are on bro splits are usually bros in other areas eg diet, like they will eat chicken and rice 7 times a day for every meal to the exact gram and drink their shake at an exact time. the people that are willing to train like this are usually determined and make sure to never miss their workout and push themselves hard, and are consistent with their diet every day so long term they get good results because that is what happens when you are consistent. guys who eat 'iifym' style (like me) could be seen to be more likely to not meet their macros or eat consistently, and they are probably also the kind of people who always want to be on the latest 'scientific' routine with the exact best reps and perfect frequency so they are probably routine hoppers, while the other guy is just going to the gym day after day sticking to an exact plan

hopefully that doesnt sound too spastic

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Everybody is different and different routines can work with different people.

It's all about finding what works best for you.

MexicanBeanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MexicanBeanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MexicanBeanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MexicanBeanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MexicanBeanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MexicanBeanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MexicanBeanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MexicanBeanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MexicanBeanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MexicanBeanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MexicanBeanz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Bro here

Originally Posted by petertuck View Post

the reason that people on bro splits do so oddly well is because they are consistent, and consistency is the number one thing that will make you succeed. people who are on bro splits are usually bros in other areas eg diet, like they will eat chicken and rice 7 times a day for every meal to the exact gram and drink their shake at an exact time. the people that are willing to train like this are usually determined and make sure to never miss their workout and push themselves hard, and are consistent with their diet every day so long term they get good results because that is what happens when you are consistent. guys who eat 'iifym' style (like me) could be seen to be more likely to not meet their macros or eat consistently, and they are probably also the kind of people who always want to be on the latest 'scientific' routine with the exact best reps and perfect frequency so they are probably routine hoppers, while the other guy is just going to the gym day after day sticking to an exact plan

That's pretty insightful. Makes sense.

Well yeah, people have been saying that for a long time, and no doubt it's very true.

It's because there is no formula for bodybuilding, and completely different ways will get you the same result. You put in the effort, you'll get optimal results. There's nothing really wrong with the way "Bros" train and eat and supplement, a lot of it just isn't necessary, but them doing it isn't hurting their progress.

Also I'm not sure why most IIFYMers don't put in the effort, probably some correlation between being more intelligent/logical and not caring as much about hardcore lifting/dieting i dunno.

petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Well yeah, people have been saying that for a long time, and no doubt it's very true.

It's because there is no formula for bodybuilding, and completely different ways will get you the same result. You put in the effort, you'll get optimal results. There's nothing really wrong with the way "Bros" train and eat and supplement, a lot of it just isn't necessary, but them doing it isn't hurting their progress.

Also I'm not sure why most IIFYMers don't put in the effort, probably some correlation between being more intelligent/logical and not caring as much about hardcore lifting/dieting i dunno.
    well if you look on this forum it seems kids are always scared of training 'sub optimally' so they are constantly changing it round and listening to the latest person trying to find the most optimal routine

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well if you look on this forum it seems kids are always scared of training 'sub optimally' so they are constantly changing it round and listening to the latest person trying to find the most optimal routine
    Its funny cause I used to be that guy lol
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?

lol true, and as a result they never train and diet consistently

Bgvmbgvm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bgvmbgvm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bgvmbgvm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bgvmbgvm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bgvmbgvm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bgvmbgvm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bgvmbgvm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bgvmbgvm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bgvmbgvm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bgvmbgvm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bgvmbgvm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Aleks620 View Post
    When I first started lifting I was on a 5-day split, mainly because I didn't know any better, just wanted to be like Ryan Reynolds. Lol but I actually saw some decent gains. Mostly n00b gains but then I jumped on my current 3 day split and I'm making a lot of gains.

MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    5 day splits don't suck.

This post should get a sticky of its own... Well said.

fitnessdudes will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdudes will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdudes will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdudes will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdudes will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdudes will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdudes will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdudes will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdudes will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdudes will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdudes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    too many variables to consider.

Current science leans towards high frequency opposed to a traditional bodybuilder split. It's safe to say the majority of powerlifters are not training each muscle once a week, and they're making incredible strength gains. It mostly depends on the types of goals or "gains" you would like to achieve, but in terms of training i'd say always try to go for a higher frequency regime and try to focus moreso on myofibrillar hypertrophy opposed to sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (which is usually the focus of 5 day bodybuilding splits)

RoPapa1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoPapa1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoPapa1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoPapa1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoPapa1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoPapa1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoPapa1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoPapa1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoPapa1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoPapa1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoPapa1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Bro splits are great for building muscle, for strength not really i find

Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beerto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    eat at a surplus and overload weights and any program will get you muscle
    Repping Gooners on sight
    AVI from 2014

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    different chit works for different people
    upper lower works great for my size gains, fullbody 5x5... not so much