Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No love for Prodigy from Mobb Deep, Talib Kweli or Chuck D?

relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    2pac is like michael jordan. mj was so good that after him the nba tried to recreate an mj by catering to stars by blowing whistles in their favor most of the time. so in a way mj ruined basketball inadvertently. in rap people want that gangster persona without having anything to back it up. 2pac really lived that life, but how many "gangster" rappers today do. they just make gangster music, they don't live it.

and this is coming from someone who has plenty of 2pac music. he's not one of the best, not even close if we're talking from a lyrical standpoint. can only listen to so much 2pac at one time before getting depressed.

PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    also just got into cunnilynguists and masta ace. damn those cats are good
    i have bested fruit, spike, and moon

SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by boundtoramble View Post
    just heard my first song by talib kweli today, seemed alright.
    **manlet crew**
    **mirin hard crew**
    **son of god crew**
    **always reps back crew**

DRos3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tupac Shakur without a doubt.

shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000)
    From a combination of all facets... there's only 1 truly correct answer tbh.

MF DOOM

jd29 is just really nice. (+1000) jd29 is just really nice. (+1000) jd29 is just really nice. (+1000) jd29 is just really nice. (+1000) jd29 is just really nice. (+1000) jd29 is just really nice. (+1000) jd29 is just really nice. (+1000) jd29 is just really nice. (+1000) jd29 is just really nice. (+1000) jd29 is just really nice. (+1000) jd29 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by relevators View Post
    2pac is like michael jordan. mj was so good that after him the nba tried to recreate an mj by catering to stars by blowing whistles in their favor most of the time. so in a way mj ruined basketball inadvertently. in rap people want that gangster persona without having anything to back it up. 2pac really lived that life, but how many "gangster" rappers today do. they just make gangster music, they don't live it.

and this is coming from someone who has plenty of 2pac music. he's not one of the best, not even close if we're talking from a lyrical standpoint. can only listen to so much 2pac at one time before getting depressed.

I love Tupac but how did he live a gangster lifestyle? He never got in any trouble before he was famous
    Disregard Everything, Acquire Aesthetics Crew

***TEAM REDRAIDER86***

relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10) relevators is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    also just got into cunnilynguists and masta ace. damn those cats are good
    which album? I got into them last year when I heard their Oneirology album which I was blown away by. Enjoy them man, and take your time, don't listen to all of their discography at once. I'm pacing myself and still have southernunderground and dirty acres to listen to.
    Originally Posted by SonofTh0r View Post
    Just alright? Talib is another greatly skilled rapper. Give a few more songs of his a listen and listen closer.
    Originally Posted by jd29 View Post
    I love Tupac but how did he live a gangster lifestyle? He never got in any trouble before he was famous
    It doesn't really matter whether he put "it" (thug) on after he got famous or before, fact is, is he was always into something the 6 years he was famous.

boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boundtoramble is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Listen to Blackstar - Respiration
    That's my favorite hip-hop song ever. Kweli kills it on the 2nd verse.

SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SonofTh0r is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by relevators View Post
    which album? I got into them last year when I heard their Oneirology album which I was blown away by. Enjoy them man, and take your time, don't listen to all of their discography at once. I'm pacing myself and still have southernunderground and dirty acres to listen to.

Just alright? Talib is another greatly skilled rapper. Give a few more songs of his a listen and listen closer.

It doesn't really matter whether he put "it" (thug) on after he got famous or before, fact is, is he was always into something the 6 years he was famous.
    will do, i dont judge by only one song.
    **manlet crew**
    **mirin hard crew**
    **son of god crew**

TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    respect everyones opinion in here....but lettuce :

Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
    respect everyones opinion in here....but lettuce :

2:17 weird how tupac mentions how we arent ready for a black president, and obama's slogan was "change"; Weird coincidence.
    **manlet crew**
    **mirin hard crew**
    **son of god crew**

TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    weird how tupac mentions how we arent ready for a black president, and obama's slogan was "change"; Weird coincidence.
    damn brah. didn't even realize that.

it was also well known that Tupac was planning on running for governor of California in the early 2000s if he was alive, and wanted to run for president eventually. Age wise, the first presidential election he woulda been eligible for is the 2009 election, which Obama was elected.

**** is crazy to think about

Finally 10k. Thx Misc SteadyWayfarer's Avatar
    SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by shaneee View Post
    From a combination of all facets... there's only 1 truly correct answer tbh.

MF DOOM
    If you like DOOM, check out Capital STEEZ Amerikkkan Korruption mixtape. I like DOOM too, but STEEZ is even better

thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In this thread a bunch of white dudes that only listen to Clear Channel with a couple of white dudes that have white regret.

Hip-hop sample size of peace.

My Pick?
    Masta Ace -- Been doing it for 20+ years with dope as beats and good relevant lyrics/rhymes. Has managed to stay alive, and is still dope.
    MF Doom would be my pick if he wasn't a beta*** about putting on live shows.

No negative energy, I will mute ya
    Only Positive energy surrounds me
    Only, open minds around me
    Only, free spirits around me
    I let my vision guide me.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154495553

shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SteadyWayfarer View Post
    If you like DOOM, check out Capital STEEZ Amerikkkan Korruption mixtape. I like DOOM too, but STEEZ is even better
    Sorry, but you're a fukn idiot.

Finally 10k. Thx Misc SteadyWayfarer's Avatar
    SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteadyWayfarer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by shaneee View Post
    Sorry, but you're a fukn idiot.
    not sure if srs. what capital song did you listen to? and MF DOOM is nice, solid lyrics, has great production from madlib, but his biggest problem is that monotone, lazy voice of his. It sounds like he's talking his songs sometimes. I know that is his style, but he rarely changes it up.

Them lyrics, emotion, and beat selection. Not even his best song, but one of my favs

He did better than doom on his own song imo.
    Last edited by SteadyWayfarer; 06-06-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Nik7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nik7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nik7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nik7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nik7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nik7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nik7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nik7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nik7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nik7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nik7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So I guess we are going to pretend ITT that Marshall Mathers never picked up a pen.

C'mon guys.

Kanye West is my favorite artist though.

Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
    damn brah. didn't even realize that.

it was also well known that Tupac was planning on running for governor of California in the early 2000s if he was alive, and wanted to run for president eventually. Age wise, the first presidential election he woulda been eligible for is the 2009 election, which Obama was elected.

**** is crazy to think about
    i smell a new conspiracy theory in the works now lol
    **manlet crew**
    **mirin hard crew**
    **son of god crew**

Originally Posted by Nik7 View Post
    So I guess we are going to pretend ITT that Marshall Mathers never picked up a pen.

C'mon guys.

Kanye West is my favorite artist though.
    love his older stuff, his new stuff that i've heard hasnt been that great.
    **manlet crew**
    **mirin hard crew**
    **son of god crew**

Berez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Berez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Berez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Berez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Berez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Berez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Berez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Berez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Berez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Berez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Berez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    j cole... DEAD FUKING SERIOUS

FNFup15 is a name known to all. (+5000) FNFup15 is a name known to all. (+5000) FNFup15 is a name known to all. (+5000) FNFup15 is a name known to all. (+5000) FNFup15 is a name known to all. (+5000) FNFup15 is a name known to all. (+5000) FNFup15 is a name known to all. (+5000) FNFup15 is a name known to all. (+5000) FNFup15 is a name known to all. (+5000) FNFup15 is a name known to all. (+5000) FNFup15 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by boundtoramble View Post
    Infamous/Hell on Earth Prodigy is straight fire. That's what sucks about the best rapper debate. We have guys who had a couple albums in their prime and then were gone, and we will never know if they could have maintained that level of greatness. It's hard to stay relevant and continue putting out great material for decades. If Prodigy had died after Hell on Earth, he'd always be in the conversation of best rapper of all time just like Biggie.

Capital STEEZ!
    not sure if srs. what capital song did you listen to? and MF DOOM is nice, solid lyrics, has great production from madlib, but his biggest problem is that monotone, lazy voice of his. It sounds like he's talking his songs sometimes. I know that is his style, but he rarely changes it up.

Them lyrics, emotion, and beat selection. Not even his best song, but one of my favs

He did better than doom on his own song imo.
    i remember hearing about Steez back when he passed away. havent listened to him much though. after this thread i started playing him alot this weekend. dude is sick

Sleep tight pupper. LDAR Shortstop36's Avatar
    Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by determined594 View Post
    QFT, also Em, Nas and Royce from a lyrical standpoint.

sorry brah, can't put royce on Nas and Em's level.
    Red Sox 2018 MLB champs
    Tommy 12 inch crew
    Nikola Jokic, Montrezl truther
    DRuss gonna be an all-star in BKNY crew
    Jaylen, Jayson (7/11) Crew
    Gordon Chadward Crew

chxxrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know about greatest ever. That depends on if you're looking at it from the perspective of just simply lyrics or lyrics, songs, freestyles etc. but thats been said a million times before. Big Pun is up there for flow and lyricism, Pharaohe Monch for having skills with his voice and lyricism, Nas for being just dope all around most of the time, Big L and Chino XL for some dope punches but as far as the GOAT I have no opinion. It's kind of hard to in my opinion because there's just too many and everyone's taste is different so you're not going to get many to agree no matter what.

masterdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Froggy Fresh

D4NNY

Hottest rappers in the game right now
    Last edited by masterdoc; 06-12-2013 at 05:50 AM.

aloshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) aloshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) aloshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) aloshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) aloshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) aloshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) aloshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) aloshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) aloshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) aloshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) aloshan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by masterdoc View Post
    Froggy Fresh

D4NNY

Hottest rappers in the game right now
    clearly the best

repped

PunkDaft will become famous soon enough. (+50) PunkDaft will become famous soon enough. (+50) PunkDaft will become famous soon enough. (+50) PunkDaft will become famous soon enough. (+50) PunkDaft will become famous soon enough. (+50) PunkDaft will become famous soon enough. (+50) PunkDaft will become famous soon enough. (+50) PunkDaft will become famous soon enough. (+50) PunkDaft will become famous soon enough. (+50) PunkDaft will become famous soon enough. (+50) PunkDaft will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    About 5-10 years ago this used to be a good debate. But I don't think there is any argument anymore against Jay-Z being the greatest rapper of all time. Unlike almost every other rapper, Jay actually keeps getting better the longer his career goes on. While guys like Nas, Common, and Em just make their cases weaker each time they put out new music.

Jay-Z has 4 classic albums across three decades:
    Reasonable Doubt (96)
    The Blueprint (01)
    Black Album (03)
    Watch the Throne (11)

No single rapper is coming close Jay-Z's catalogue. Yeah there's been a lot of great rappers who had amazing debut and sophomore follow ups. Nas has Illmatic/IWW, Eminem has SSLP/MMLP, Biggie has Ready to Die/Life After Death. But no one has had the career Jay-Z has had. No one.

The only rapper who might be more consistent than Jay-Z is Andre 3000. He does not have a weak verse to his name. Literally every time he has rapped it's been amazing. And Outkast does have SPCM, ATLiens, Aquemini, Stankonia, and Speakerboxx/Love Below. So they've got a great body of work. But Andre hasn't done anything solo.

TheBannedBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBannedBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBannedBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBannedBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBannedBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBannedBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBannedBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBannedBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBannedBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBannedBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBannedBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    LOL at not even one mention of Black Thought. The Roots music> most the people's ITT. But the GOAT is still NaS.

thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheBannedBrah View Post
    LOL at not even one mention of Black Thought. The Roots music> most the people's ITT. But the GOAT is still NaS.
    Black thought is good ****. I can't give Nas the crown since he's not proud of what' hes said in his music now that he's a father. But he gets much props for recognizing the mistakes he made.
    No negative energy, I will mute ya
    Only Positive energy surrounds me
    Only, open minds around me
    Only, free spirits around me
    I let my vision guide me.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154495553