mvargas729 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Low Carb Diet and Diarrhea

Hey everyone,

I have been on a low carb/no carb diet for about 5 months now. During this time, I have been consuming my carbs from vegetables about 99% of the time. I have also been consuming my bodyweight in protein through whey protein and meat and have increased my healthy fats as well for energy. I have seen drastic results as I have dropped about 15 pounds in that time frame, put on muscle from lifting and have gotten cut from burning body fat. For the past week I have had diarrhea and I cannot figure out why. For 2 or 3 days it was really bad, now it will happen on occasion, but I get really gassy after eating a lot of vegetables at lunch with chicken, turkey, tuna etc. Does anyone know if my body just cant take not having anything dry in my system anymore? Since I have been eating pretty much fiber, drinking about a gallon of water a day and consuming so much water from vegetables, maybe my body has just had enough of all of it? I feel fine other than my stomach, no vomiting or anything so I am starting to rule out a stomach bug. I want to continue seeing my great results, but also want to get rid of what ever is going on in my body. Maybe just start eating whole grains in the morning for some substance and see how it goes? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your bodyweight in protein? I didn't think that was possible.

On a serious note: You may be eating too much protein. I tend to get digestive problems when I exceed 200g daily.

Also, why are you on a low carb diet? Just eat at a caloric deficit and you'll lose weight just fine.

I would advise you read the stickies at the top of this forum.

Important: Bare in mind diarrhea is a genuine illness, and if it persists you should see a doctor.

Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    Your bodyweight in protein? I didn't think that was possible.

On a serious note: You may be eating too much protein. I tend to get digestive problems when I exceed 200g daily.

Also, why are you on a low carb diet? Just eat at a caloric deficit and you'll lose weight just fine.

I would advise you read the stickies at the top of this forum.

Important: Bare in mind diarrhea is a genuine illness, and if it persists you should see a doctor.
    Sorry I meant to say in grams of protein. I have read the stickies at the top of the forum. Yes if it continues I will see a doctor for sure. It has gotten better, but I am wondering if it is because my body has been eating so much roughage for so long and if it has happened to anyone else.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IMO I don't think there's a strong correlation between your carb intake and diarrhea, at least in the sense that you seem to believe.

Why are you on a low carb protocol in the first place?

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the lack of fiber could be doing it, why are you low carbing? do you not enjoy carbohydrates?
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    the lack of fiber could be doing it, why are you low carbing? do you not enjoy carbohydrates?
    Ill start phasing grains back into my diet. I was on the low carb diet because when I was at school this past semester, I wanted to cut down. I reduced my calories, carbs and increased protein and fats and saw great results. I also read about it on the forums and how it can be very efficient in using your body fat as an energy source.

Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000)
    why do you ear low carbs? Can you give a reason why do avoid your carbs?
    Just check out maybe you got a simple cold, even that may result in a diarrhea, or some bacteria, it doesnt necessarily have to related to your diet.
    Free eBook: http://beatsocialanxiety.net/free-book/

Latest Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbZbJNfvgY&list=UU7wARlI0wgpExP4yKPsS9Ug

*Herniated Disc Crew*
    *Saliva4Life Crew*

"Team sports can go to hell, I never gonna rely on some weak minded motherphucker to help me win a game, I will win it by myself" - George Leeman aka BabySlayer

*Team Evan Centopani*
    *Team James "Flex" Lewis"