karolanne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscles recovery, proteins, amino, cla??

Good day everyone,

I'm new here. I looked at different sections of the forum and still not sure where to post my issues...

I'm 40 years old, not in shape and obese. I have 35% body fat. I weight 210 lbs for 5 feet 6.

5-10 years ago, I was in real shape. But many reasons bring me to that non-shape body. Now, I want to change that.

So, I started few weeks ago by fast walking/jogging. But I noticed that my muscles don't recover the proper way. I mean my legs muscles must work because of my weight. I noticed that after my walk/jogging, my muscles were in pain, but not the usually good pain after a workout, no, it's something else. I just put my finger on my muscles and it's painfull.

Yesterday morning, I started my walk/jogging and I noticed that my leg muscles couldn't assist me. I continued my jogging for 1 to 2 minutes and then, decided to stop because of pain in my knees due to the fact that my muscles were assisting me. I had to walk 1 more kilometer before returning home. And when I arrived at home and stopped walking, mu knees hurted so bad, my eyes couldn't stop from crying. And for the next hour or two, I had issues to move my legs.

I started looking at supplements. I know I eat enough proteins. But my shakes protein are Visalus. There is not aminos or stuff like that in that shake. When I look at bodybuilding.com store, they suggest amino, CLA, CASEIN. My budget is very limited, I can't afford all those supplements. So, I guess I should invest in the Amino's one. And I guess after having use my 3 months supply of Visalus, I should change the kind of protein shake I use. And maybe a joint supplement?

What do you think?

Thank you.

PS I plan to start gym and workout next week.

Performax Labs Athlete alison2008's Avatar
    alison2008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alison2008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alison2008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alison2008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alison2008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alison2008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alison2008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alison2008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alison2008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alison2008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alison2008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi! Congrats on making the decision to get back in shape!!! That's a huge first step!!

You can actually get your needed BCAA's/ amino acids from your daily protein intake. Without knowing what you're consuming, it's hard for me to tell you if you're on point or not. Since you're just getting back in to fitness, you're going to have the soreness. Eventually it will start to subside. However, even I get super sore after heavy lifting days.

Since you're on a limited budget, I'd recommend starting with a good multi-vitamin like iForce Athletic Multi. This will have all the necessary ingredients you need in ONE pill. Rather than buying multiple pills for different things.
    iForce athletic Multi provides each essential vitamin and mineral to ensure maximum absorption for the things you need.
    It also includes Anti-Oxidants to help your body recover and repair from exhaustive exercise.
    ---> http://www.iforcenutrition.com/athleticmulti.asp

Originally Posted by karolanne View Post
    Good day everyone,

I'm new here. I looked at different sections of the forum and still not sure where to post my issues...

I'm 40 years old, not in shape and obese. I have 35% body fat. I weight 210 lbs for 5 feet 6.

5-10 years ago, I was in real shape. But many reasons bring me to that non-shape body. Now, I want to change that.

So, I started few weeks ago by fast walking/jogging. But I noticed that my muscles don't recover the proper way. I mean my legs muscles must work because of my weight. I noticed that after my walk/jogging, my muscles were in pain, but not the usually good pain after a workout, no, it's something else. I just put my finger on my muscles and it's painfull.

Yesterday morning, I started my walk/jogging and I noticed that my leg muscles couldn't assist me. I continued my jogging for 1 to 2 minutes and then, decided to stop because of pain in my knees due to the fact that my muscles were assisting me. I had to walk 1 more kilometer before returning home. And when I arrived at home and stopped walking, mu knees hurted so bad, my eyes couldn't stop from crying. And for the next hour or two, I had issues to move my legs.

I started looking at supplements. I know I eat enough proteins. But my shakes protein are Visalus. There is not aminos or stuff like that in that shake. When I look at bodybuilding.com store, they suggest amino, CLA, CASEIN. My budget is very limited, I can't afford all those supplements. So, I guess I should invest in the Amino's one. And I guess after having use my 3 months supply of Visalus, I should change the kind of protein shake I use. And maybe a joint supplement?

What do you think?

Thank you.

PS I plan to start gym and workout next week.
    National Qualified Bikini Competitor
    Performax Labs Athlete
    Team Smart Shake

Originally Posted by alison2008 View Post
    Hi! Congrats on making the decision to get back in shape!!! That's a huge first step!!

You can actually get your needed BCAA's/ amino acids from your daily protein intake. Without knowing what you're consuming, it's hard for me to tell you if you're on point or not. Since you're just getting back in to fitness, you're going to have the soreness. Eventually it will start to subside. However, even I get super sore after heavy lifting days.

Since you're on a limited budget, I'd recommend starting with a good multi-vitamin like iForce Athletic Multi. This will have all the necessary ingredients you need in ONE pill. Rather than buying multiple pills for different things.
    iForce athletic Multi provides each essential vitamin and mineral to ensure maximum absorption for the things you need.
    It also includes Anti-Oxidants to help your body recover and repair from exhaustive exercise.
    --->
    Thanks for your reply. And thanks for your congrats. Since I'm pretty alone in life, you're the first one that congrats me for that move...

I already take a good vitamins complexe + a green complexe.

I plan to buy an Amino recovery or muscle recovery and I saw that "maximize something" on I Force nutrition that seem very interesting.

I'm on the way

Thanks.

BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000)
    What does your diet look like? Are you warming up or stretching before you walk/jog?
    AFAA- CPT

"Make up your mind that, at least for the first year or two, you're not going to worry about body fat levels if you're already lean, because lean is easier to reacquire than strong is to build" (Rippetoe 310).

ASKHOLE: A person who constantly asks for advise, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.

Originally Posted by BEEvon View Post
    What does your diet look like? Are you warming up or stretching before you walk/jog?
    Hi,

I eat each 3 hours protein, fruits or veg and complex carbs. My proteins come from 1.5 white eggs, 2 protein shakes, small tuna can and some nuts.

I take my walk as the warm up. Should I stretch even before a walk knowing that I'm going to alternate with jogging?

Thank you.

BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eating every 3 hours is irrelevant. Do you know what your daily caloric intake is or macro break down? Honestly, I would start there before I began adding in supplements. For example, you have very little mention of fats in your diet. Did you check out the sticky in this section that explains how to set up your diet based on your goals? If not, I highly suggest you check it out. You may be underestimated your needs.

I like to stretch and warm up properly before I go out for a run. I'm 41 and gone are the days I can run cold without "feeling it". Plus, your carrying some additional body weight. Try devoting a bit more time to warm up and focus on getting your diet on track. I would never add a supplement if I didn't have to. Good luck.
    AFAA- CPT

"Make up your mind that, at least for the first year or two, you're not going to worry about body fat levels if you're already lean, because lean is easier to reacquire than strong is to build" (Rippetoe 310).

ASKHOLE: A person who constantly asks for advise, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.

Hi,

A nutritionist made my meal program, but it was before I started the training and she isn't a sport nutrionnist. And more, when I saw that I didn't start to lose weight, I started eating less carbs. From what I read on this forum, it appears I don't eat enough carbs. But I started my healthy diete on January 2 and have lost only 6 pounds since. My doctor told me I have hormonal issues and that with healthy diete and exercises, it's going to be ok with time.

I have to take in consideration the % of body fat. My weight scale can tell me it, but I disactivated the option years ago and I have to find out how to reactive it.

I measured myself since I started the healthy diete on January 2 and I lost an inch in some place.

So, it's some very disapointed results for now.

Is it true that I have to eat a high calorie meal per week?

Thank you.

Originally Posted by BEEvon View Post
    Eating every 3 hours is irrelevant. Do you know what your daily caloric intake is or macro break down? Honestly, I would start there before I began adding in supplements. For example, you have very little mention of fats in your diet. Did you check out the sticky in this section that explains how to set up your diet based on your goals? If not, I highly suggest you check it out. You may be underestimated your needs.

I like to stretch and warm up properly before I go out for a run. I'm 41 and gone are the days I can run cold without "feeling it". Plus, your carrying some additional body weight. Try devoting a bit more time to warm up and focus on getting your diet on track. I would never add a supplement if I didn't have to. Good luck.