ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cutting Help :'(

Hey guys, I'm currently 83kg, estimated 18-20% body fat. I want to drop to 10% (not too lean), I'm more concerned about strength than conditioning.

This was my first bulk, i gained 16kg since january of this year (about 35lb) and now need to cut, but I'm not sure about the best ways to do this. I understand about caloric deficit but my main concern is with cardio.

For example, you burn 300 cal during a cardio session. Would that give the same effect as just eating 300 less calories?

For example is eating 2k cal and doing 300 cal worth of cardio the same as eating 1700 cal?

When is the best time to do cardio? What is the difference between fasted cardio and non fasted cardio? What kind of deficit should i be in for maximum muscle retention? What kind of time period should i cut for? I am looking to loose 8kg (about 18lb).

I have done a lot of reading online but most of the articles i have read are influenced by supplement companies and written in a way that supports using their supplements. Talking about that bull**** 30 minutes of anabolism post workout and how you must have your whey shake... I have come across a lot of conflicting info and a lot of bullchit broscience.

Can someone who really knows what they are talking about set me straight? Someone who has done numerous cuts and can show me their results to back up what they are saying. I don't want some 130lb kid saying, no carbs after 6 bro.

Some in depth scientifically backed articles/guides, would be much appreciated(: Measley reps to show appreciation

Cheers guys.
    Dream Bulk Crew.

Goal: Deadlift 8 plate.
    Semi Srs.

- 8 Plate obsession crew
    - Training > Girls crew. No homo. I just love training.

GymAesthetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymAesthetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymAesthetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymAesthetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymAesthetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymAesthetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymAesthetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymAesthetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymAesthetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymAesthetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymAesthetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ChrisMB1 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm currently 83kg, estimated 18-20% body fat. I want to drop to 10% (not too lean), I'm more concerned about strength than conditioning.

This was my first bulk, i gained 16kg since january of this year (about 35lb) and now need to cut, but I'm not sure about the best ways to do this. I understand about caloric deficit but my main concern is with cardio.

For example, you burn 300 cal during a cardio session. Would that give the same effect as just eating 300 less calories?

For example is eating 2k cal and doing 300 cal worth of cardio the same as eating 1700 cal?

When is the best time to do cardio? What is the difference between fasted cardio and non fasted cardio? What kind of deficit should i be in for maximum muscle retention? What kind of time period should i cut for? I am looking to loose 8kg (about 18lb).

I have done a lot of reading online but most of the articles i have read are influenced by supplement companies and written in a way that supports using their supplements. Talking about that bull**** 30 minutes of anabolism post workout and how you must have your whey shake... I have come across a lot of conflicting info and a lot of bullchit broscience.

Can someone who really knows what they are talking about set me straight? Someone who has done numerous cuts and can show me their results to back up what they are saying. I don't want some 130lb kid saying, no carbs after 6 bro.

Some in depth scientifically backed articles/guides, would be much appreciated(: Measley reps to show appreciation

Cheers guys.
    First off congrats on your bulk gains hopefully more muscle than fat. So for your cut you want to start tracking your calories especially during a cut if you haven't already. Its basically calories in vs calories out, subtract about 500 cals from your maintenance caloric intake and you'll start seeing some weight loss. Gauge it, you should aim for 1-2lbs per week if your losing more or less revamp the amount of calories you're consuming.

In terms of cardio being equivalent to eating less, its the same principle and sounds like its all the same but works different cause there is a lot more going on when you're eating less food than just doing cardio.

As for cardio theres a lot of debate on fasted and which type works best. You'll have to use the search button for that but NEVER do cardio before a workout or you'll be losing all kinds of gains. I usually do low intensity cardio after my workout cause glycogen storages are low and primary source of energy is fat plus add in some BCAAs and you're good to go from my experience anyway.

Thats the basics of it I hope I helped out a bit, if you use the search button there will be more than enough information to go around.

good luck

ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisMB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks.

Also if anyone can direct me to an article that describes what happens in the body while doing cardio, that would be much appreciated.

An article us mere mortals can understand without googling every third word would be even better Thanks in advance.
    Dream Bulk Crew.

Goal: Deadlift 8 plate.
    Semi Srs.

- 8 Plate obsession crew
    - Training > Girls crew. No homo. I just love training.