namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Annoying Full Clean plateau!! Stuck for about a month

My max is in between 345-350. I only do one rep cleans every month and a half, so I can't say for sure what my max is. My PR is 340 (felt good man).

I've been dumping a workout based off a 350 max for over a month, and it's really getting to me. My Squat is going up, deadlift is going up (albeit slowly).

I haven't been doing plyometrics on a regular schedule because I'm currently in Rugby season (although just one week left). I was thinking maybe that is hindering my explosiveness?

I've tried dropping down to a 345 max and I've got it! But I just can't seem to hit a 350 workout.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by davetherave35; 05-20-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    Dallas Cowboys Crew

Dirty South Crew

Misc Cigar Crew

Competition Lifts - 590D/345B/525S

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    make your non-maximal lifts really pretty and sparkly then the prs will make themselves
    Gym lifts (PB): C&J: 132.5k, Snatch: 107.5k (p)Jerk: 138k, Clean: 137k Front Squat: 153
    Deadlift: 455, Squat: 380(oly) 360 (pl), Bench: 245, CPUs: 9001
    Comp Total: 237k

Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by davetherave35 View Post
    My max is in between 345-350. I only do one rep cleans every month and a half, so I can't say for sure what my max is. My PR is 340 (felt good man).

I've been dumping a workout based off a 350 max for over a month, and it's really getting to me. My Squat is going up, deadlift is going up (albeit slowly).

I haven't been doing plyometrics on a regular schedule because I'm currently in Rugby season (although just one week left). I was thinking maybe that is hindering my explosiveness?

I've tried dropping down to a 345 max and I've got it! But I just can't seem to hit a 350 workout.

Any ideas?
    Record yourself so we can fix your form.

OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You do realize that gains can be slow and minimal the more time you spend in the sport, right?

BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OlyTrick View Post
    You do realize that gains can be slow and minimal the more time you spend in the sport, right?
    this.

i put on maybe 20lbs on my squat in about 2 years.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Any ideas?
    Wow, that is very good weight. If you´re not competing already you should give it a try.

Anyway for me at least the limiting factor has always been front squat strength. You need to have some strength reserves there to be able to clean the weight so increase that and it should create more potential for increasing the clean.

Where exactly are you failing? Are you unable to stand up with the bar once you have racked it or you´re not getting enough elevation on the bar to be able to get under it?
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OlyTrick View Post
    Absolutely! I played high school football for 4 years and now play college rugby. I hated being in-season for that reason.

Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    Wow, that is very good weight. If you´re not competing already you should give it a try.

Anyway for me at least the limiting factor has always been front squat strength. You need to have some strength reserves there to be able to clean the weight so increase that and it should create more potential for increasing the clean.

Where exactly are you failing? Are you unable to stand up with the bar once you have racked it or you´re not getting enough elevation on the bar to be able to get under it?
    I'm not getting under the bar well enough.
    Dallas Cowboys Crew

Dirty South Crew

Misc Cigar Crew

Competition Lifts - 590D/345B/525S

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not getting under the bar well enough.
    As in not fast enough? I have found that doing cleans from the high hang helps because you have less potential to put upward momentum of the bar, hence you have to drop down really fast to make the lift.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)

Any ideas?
    You have pretty much answered your own question. The combination of being in rugby season and already having a fairly high clean, means you may not make the same gains in a month. You might be overworked at the moment. Even though squat and dead are going up, the clean takes more out of you neuromuscularly then those. I would get through your rugby season, and after a couple of weeks letting your body get used to the decreased overall workload, re-test.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133