StarPod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Broccoli on keto?

Would It be okay to eat broccoli when on keto? Will it sabatage the diet because of its carbs? If so how badly will it effect fat loss?

JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Broccoli is fine. I eat ~1 pound a day of broccoli in addition to kale and spinach. Hasn't kicked me out.
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

GOAL:

For my job working with the USFS in Montana I must: be able to carry felled trees, lift boulders, ruck 70# puncheon planks, haul tools over 10 miles along with personal gear, and beat down the camp-invading brown bear. Kidding!

But I do want to be able to run full speed while chasing a bear with a can of pepper spray, screaming obscenities with a hand-rolled cigarette in my mouth.

IMlemons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, eat your veggies. One of the biggest misconceptions with Keto is that vegies it will take you out of ketosis. Stick to green veggies and you will be fine, plus they are high in fiber.

Originally Posted by IMlemons View Post
    Yes, eat your veggies. One of the biggest misconceptions with Keto is that vegies it will take you out of ketosis. Stick to green veggies and you will be fine, plus they are high in fiber.
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by IMlemons View Post
    Also one other question... someone at the gym was trying to tell me the fiber is subtracted from carbs

like if something has 6 grams of carbs and 6 grabs of fiber you took in 0 grams of carbs...
    idk how that works but is that true or just crap?

thanks again

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by StarPod View Post
    Also one other question... someone at the gym was trying to tell me the fiber is subtracted from carbs

like if something has 6 grams of carbs and 6 grabs of fiber you took in 0 grams of carbs...
    idk how that works but is that true or just crap?

thanks again
    some people do this, some don't. just be consistent in counting or not. fiber dies contribute calorie though. about 2kcal/g
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

IMlemons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Fiber is mostly a form of sugar called cellulose. Humans do not possess the necessary enzymes to metabolize cellulose, so it does not activate glycolysis and it has no effect whatsoever on insulin levels. High-fiber foods are safe to eat on keto, and in fact you should eat lots of them. Green-leafy vegetables such as spinach, lettuce, and broccoli should be eaten with every meal."

That quote is from a well known Keto website - Type Joesph Arcita keto blog into google to view the article (I can't post the link becasue I have < 50 post)

So yes, subtract Fiber from my carb count.