rvidal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Synephrine in C4 Extreme

I've been using pwo supplements for a couple of years, going from Superpump, Jack3d, ACG3, and MP Assault. So I wanted to try the C4 after reading so many reviews, but try to be very careful about what I (repeatedly) put in my body. So I did some research on the ingredients and everything seems to be safe...but then I hit the synephrine.
    Some of the reading on it mentioned that although it is known to be safe, concentrations other than found naturally, or in combination with other stimulants may increase the risk of stroke and blood pressure problems. I guess the question comes down to whether on not the amounts of the synephrine in each does are safe enough to not worry about?
    I love the reviews (curious about the taste now), but I am apprehensive about spending 40 bucks on something that may not be good for me. Can anyone advice whether to try it or to stay away?
    Thanks

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In for responses.

I've had C4 though, and can't say it made me feel funny or anything compared to other preworkouts.

kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, what you've stated for Synedrine can be stated for caffeine. The real question is if an otherwise healthy individual consumes it as a supplement would it cause serious health concerns. In the most likely case, the answer is no. If you give a person that is sensitive to caffeine and has BP and cardiovascular issues, dat dere caffeine could also cause that person stroke or BP problems.
    Completed Logs & Reviews:
    Clear Muscle Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161906833&p=1244983053#post1244983053

"Now that you've got a basic degree of strength you can now proceed with success onto a bodybuilding type program - which I am not experienced in providing. You've exceeded what I focus on, and that is beginner strength gains." - Mark Rippetoe

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    OP, what you've stated for Synedrine can be stated for caffeine. The real question is if an otherwise healthy individual consumes it as a supplement would it cause serious health concerns. In the most likely case, the answer is no. If you give a person that is sensitive to caffeine and has BP and cardiovascular issues, dat dere caffeine could also cause that person stroke or BP problems.
    Exactly, which is why you should always consult your doctor prior to any supplement use (as stated on most products).
    If there is a problem regarding your health prior to using this, then take caution. Otherwise for the majority you will be perfectly fine.

I will forward this to Mike, and have him chime in since he works at HQ

rvidal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    I'm healthy and have normal blood pressure. The reason I ask is because C4 has both caffeine AND synephrine. I dont know the amount of synephrine per serving therefore I wonder if combined with the 150mg of caffeine, is it still a relatively safe amount of stimulants within each dose.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rvidal View Post
    I'm healthy and have normal blood pressure. The reason I ask is because C4 has both caffeine AND synephrine. I dont know the amount of synephrine per serving therefore I wonder if combined with the 150mg of caffeine, is it still a relatively safe amount of stimulants within each dose.
    it sure is, and you can see the feedback of the thousands who have taken it even state the same way. BTL even quoted your post in the product-review help out section as well giving you pubmed research on the ingredient and how its very safe.

As he posted:

"The results involving both published and unpublished clinical studies indicate that p-synephrine alone or in combination with caffeine does not appear to produce significant adverse cardiovascular effects or pose a risk to human health at doses commonly ingested orally. No adverse effects have been directly attributable to bitter orange extract or p-synephrine. p-Synephrine/bitter orange extract alone as well as in combination with other ingredients results in significant increases in resting metabolic rate, and when taken for periods of time up to 12 weeks may result in modest weight loss.
    The results indicate that bitter orange extract and p-synephrine increase metabolism and energy expenditure. The data accumulated to date do not support hypothesized concerns regarding potential adverse effects of p-synephrine particularly with respect to the cardiovascular system due to a paucity of binding to α-, β-1 and β-2 adrenergic receptors while exhibiting modest binding to β-3 adrenergic receptors. However, a need exists for additional well controlled, long term human efficacy and safety studies involving p-synephrine/bitter orange extract." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3444973/

"Bitter orange extract and p-synephrine appear to be without adverse effects at a dose of up to 98mg daily for 60days based on the parameters measured." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23354394

"The data indicate that based on current knowledge, the use of bitter orange extract and p-synephrine appears to be exceedingly safe with no serious adverse effects being directly attributable to these ingredients." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21480414
    Last edited by The Solution; 05-18-2013 at 02:52 PM.