Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Metabolism slow down?

Started cutting 1 week ago ( on keto ), at this point im at 11 % body fat .

I lost 1 kilo so far but now it seems that my metabolism is slowing down drasticly ( im used to have high metabolism bulking at 3.5k + with no fat gains) .

Last 2 days : day 1 .. ate 2700 no change in scale numbers... day 2 ate 2500 because i tought it was too high , same thing ... And you have to know that in the first few days i was cutting at 2800-3000 and was loosing weight. So i dont know what happened.

Now i have read a bit about refeed days ( carbs loading ) and im wondering if that would be the solution?

Any help or opinion would be appreciated.

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    2 days is not enough time to suddenly think you have a metabolic slow down. More like 2 weeks. The body, and especially with a keto diet, can have a "whoosh" effect and you lose 2 lbs overnight.

Keep at it. In another 12 days, if you still haven't lost any weight, then consider lowering calories.

Keto has actually been shown to minimize metabolic slowdown. See my signature for the study. "metabolic advantage of keto diet"
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Grifts View Post
    2 days is not enough time to suddenly think you have a metabolic slow down. More like 2 weeks. The body, and especially with a keto diet, can have a "whoosh" effect and you lose 2 lbs overnight.

Keep at it. In another 12 days, if you still haven't lost any weight, then consider lowering calories.

Keto has actually been shown to minimize metabolic slowdown. See my signature for the study. "metabolic advantage of keto diet"
    Even then it seems to take a lot longer then 2 weeks. I agree a prolonged deficit CAN have some effect, but it's usually not as much as people make it out to be.

I happen to be one of those water buffalo types, which is really why I've given up weighing myself often.

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by calutaxi View Post
    Even then it seems to take a lot longer then 2 weeks. I agree a prolonged deficit CAN have some effect, but it's usually not as much as people make it out to be.

I happen to be one of those water buffalo types, which is really why I've given up weighing myself often.
    I didn't word that as well as I should have. I was trying to convey that 2 days without any weight loss isn't any length of time to think of lowering calories/metabolic slowdown. Too many variables.

I think it is much more likely that OP has slower metabolism than he initially thought OR that perhaps he is eating more than he thinks.

Not that you can have a huge metabolic slowdown in 2 weeks(unless you are starving yourself). Hell, I have been cutting for 9 months to a year at 2100-2200 calories/day, and still haven't had a significant legit metabolic slowdown. I've had short plateaus, but I kept at the same calories and eventually started losing again.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I didn't word that as well as I should have. I was trying to convey that 2 days without any weight loss isn't any length of time to think of lowering calories/metabolic slowdown. Too many variables.

I think it is much more likely that OP has slower metabolism than he initially thought OR that perhaps he is eating more than he thinks.

Not that you can have a huge metabolic slowdown in 2 weeks(unless you are starving yourself). Hell, I have been cutting for 9 months to a year at 2100-2200 calories/day, and still haven't had a significant legit metabolic slowdown. I've had short plateaus, but I kept at the same calories and eventually started losing again.
    I count every single calories . But the wierd thing is that first to days i was loosing weight eating at 3000 calories , then 3 days laters im at 2500 with no weight loss?

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Plox View Post
    I count every single calories . But the wierd thing is that first to days i was loosing weight eating at 3000 calories , then 3 days laters im at 2500 with no weight loss?
    If you went from eating carbs at maintenance/surplus, to a deficit with a Ketogenic Diet, you lost water immediately. Expect to gain a little weight back, immediately when you stop your deficit.

Don't worry about a few days. Think week to week.
    Certified Fapologist

My protein shake brings all the girls to the yard
    A protein shake a day keeps the bullies away

~3 years and +40lbs later...

Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)

Reps owed. Again.
    Nice post brah
    505 / 315 / 545

Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
    If you went from eating carbs at maintenance/surplus, to a deficit with a Ketogenic Diet, you lost water immediately. Expect to gain a little weight back, immediately when you stop your deficit.

Don't worry about a few days. Think week to week.
    I see thx for the reply man