Thread: ICF 5x5

Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10)

ICF 5x5

Jason suggests starting at 75% of 1rm on big lifts and 65% for isolation, the question is how to test those %s?

should i go to the gym, do 1 set of squat with the bar, then 1 set till failure, record the weight and move to the next exercice...
    Also, workout B has squat too, so when testing it, should i skip squats and just start with testing the exercices i didn't do on A?

seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanfl02 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Georgesss View Post
    Jason suggests starting at 75% of 1rm on big lifts and 65% for isolation, the question is how to test those %s?

should i go to the gym, do 1 set of squat with the bar, then 1 set till failure, record the weight and move to the next exercice...
    Also, workout B has squat too, so when testing it, should i skip squats and just start with testing the exercices i didn't do on A?
    Did you watch the video?

Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by seanfl02 View Post
    Did you watch the video?
    Yes. And there's no answer to my question!

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Georgesss View Post

Go to the gym and pick a weight you know you can do lets say 5 reps of, complete as many as possible until failure and then punch those details until an online calculator like this http://www.ivannikolov.com/calculato...ax-calculator/ which will give you your 1rm. You then take 75% of that number and move to the next lift.

And yes do each exercise once get all your numbers, and I would then recommend you rest for 2 days. After that start up with workout A on go as outline in the video.

Hope that helps, I have been on the routine for 12 weeks now.