Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

My view on nutrition and how I plan my meals to reach my goals.

Hello I posted this in my transformation thread. If posting it here too can just help or motivate one more person I will be happy ! Keep in mind im french and trying my best to make myself clear. If you have any question please ask my friends !

Link to my transformation thread if interested : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=154019761

Who here can say his nutrition was 100% spot on and can give you the exact calories he ate and the macros for the last few weeks ?

The people who are in control of theyr diet are the people we immediatly notice walking down the street.

It is what set them apart from the rest. We wont achieve our max potential with an inconsistant nutrition patern.

We all see some regulars at the gym sweeting theyr ass doing cardio for hours but with minimal physical change.

Why ? Well of course NUTRITION ! I see numbers everywhere and hear it all the time : nutrition is 80% or 75% or this.

Nutrition is everything. Its 100%.

I am not perfect and I like to go out to eat or party with friends.
    Having a good diet 95% of the time you can definitly have some junk food or drink a few beers with minimal negative effect on your appearence (for general lifters I mean not for someone getting ready for a show).

I am so lazy and always running after time so keeping it simple is what works best for me.

This is how I cook every week. Takes me a few hours but its only once a week (no more cooking or cleaning dishes for a week !)

5kg chicken breast rinsed and fat trimmed roughly with my hands cooked in crockpot on low setting for 8 hours. When its done i take a big spoon and break it all down then divide it by 20 portions (should weight around 200g once cooked for 1 portion. I like using chicken broth, any spaghetti sauce with low sugar,frank red hot, light mushroom cream,you can try anything basically !

2kg lean ground beef simply cooked in pan with some spices. I use Montreal steak spice all the time, its just too good. Drain well and even rinse if you want to take off more fat.

For my carbs I use brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta, ezekiel bread, oatmeal and fruits.

I buy big bags of frozen veggies and just throw them randomly in the tupperwares once my meat and carbs are weighted.

Pre-packaged my almonds and pecans and fresh veggies I eat while working.

All meals are frozen, I put them directly from the freezer to the microwave.

Last edited by Funkdubius; 05-16-2013 at 08:20 PM.

bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why do you eat so much protein? Do you meet your fat requirements?

Nastyy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nastyy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nastyy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nastyy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nastyy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nastyy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nastyy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nastyy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nastyy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nastyy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nastyy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    so chicken and vegetables

this is new
    the more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war

chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It never ceases to amaze me how many people are completely clueless about nutrition. This is broscience taken to the extreme.

And for someone preaching about nutrition, please know that your diet is likely deficient in fat from a quick glance. Care to list your macros?

diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    almost 300g of broteinz for someone weighing 175..wow
    ☬Punjabi Crew☬

++ Positive Crew ++

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Funkdubius View Post
    If you honestly believe this, the you will stop working out completely, and post your pics of you in one year from now to prove that this is true. If you do not do this, then you don't believe it.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Funkdubius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Currently cutting with carb cycling approach. Protein remain at 275g all week.

Mon-Tue-Wed low carb days : 275p,150c,50f (2150 cals)

Thu-Fri-Sat: No carb days : 275p,50f (1600cals)

Sun : High carb : 275p,350c,50f (2950cals)

This post was not a post about an exact diet to follow. Its to show how I cook to stay on track. Everyone is different and its easy to adjust macros and cals to individual needs.

Also Im a firm believer in IIFYM. At the end of the day its cals in vs cals out. Period. Rest is personnal preference and me playing around with different ways of cutting.

What is broscience in my post ?

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    If you honestly believe this, the you will stop working out completely, and post your pics of you in one year from now to prove that this is true. If you do not do this, then you don't believe it.
    For someone who want to lose fat (and I see it often) it is. You will not lose fat if you burn 500 cals on a threadmill but eat 500 over maintenance. Thats what I mean. Its just to show how nutrition is key and of course working out if you dont want to look like a marathon runner.

Originally Posted by Nastyy View Post
    so chicken and vegetables

this is new
    I think you are missing the point of my post.

Cliff: Cook for a whole week in one shot so you have all your meals ready. No excuse to skip a meal or eat junk.

edited OP because I dident want this thread to be about calories or maccros. Chose the approach you prefer.

This post is about how I cook and plan for a whole week to optimize my chances to stay on track.

chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    edited OP because I dident want this thread to be about calories or maccros. Chose the approach you prefer.

This post is about how I cook and plan for a whole week to optimize my chances to stay on track.
    You've yet to answer why you cut the fat off of chicken, drain fat from beef, get rid of the yolks of eggs, and only take in 50g of fat per day.

Originally Posted by chillaxbroseph View Post
    You've yet to answer why you cut the fat off of chicken, drain fat from beef, get rid of the yolks of eggs, and only take in 50g of fat per day.
    I dont take out the yolk I buy egg whites only. I think 50g of fat per day while cutting is plenty. I want good fat tho coming from nuts, fish and olive oil.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Currently cutting with carb cycling approach. Protein remain at 275g all week.

Mon-Tue-Wed low carb days : 275p,150c,50f (2150 cals)

Thu-Fri-Sat: No carb days : 275p,50f (1600cals)

Sun : High carb : 275p,350c,50f (2950cals)

This post was not a post about an exact diet to follow. Its to show how I cook to stay on track. Everyone is different and its easy to adjust macros and cals to individual needs.

Also Im a firm believer in IIFYM. At the end of the day its cals in vs cals out. Period. Rest is personnal preference and me playing around with different ways of cutting.

What is broscience in my post ?
    Sorry but the pics you posted shows you believe in eating the same foods pretty much everyday, although i am impressed with your food preparation, and Tupperware collection.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    I dont take out the yolk I buy egg whites only. I think 50g of fat per day while cutting is plenty. I want good fat tho coming from nuts, fish and olive oil.
    Fat from yolks is the best fat you can get....
    Eat the damn yolk.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Fat from yolks is the best fat you can get....
    I eat eggs,full fat dairy,salmon,tilapia,pork,turkey,fruits,anything.

This post is just to show how I cook big batch. Having full of meals ready to eat makes it easier for me to stay on track.

Its a solid base,not the only things I have in my fridge tho.

And I do like my collection !

I eat eggs,full fat dairy,salmon,tilapia,pork,turkey,fruits,anything.

This post is just to show how I cook big batch. Having full of meals ready to eat makes it easier for me to stay on track.

Its a solid base,not the only things I have in my fridge tho.

And I do like my collection !
    How much does that cost you over the month?

Is the pic posted what you eat daily?
    Eat the damn yolk.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    How much does that cost you over the month?

not sure ...

Is the pic posted what you eat daily?
    There is 28 meals there my friend...
    I usually eat 2 of them for sure everyday.

When i have the time I cook.

There is 28 meals there my friend...
    I usually eat 2 of them for sure everyday.

When i have the time I cook.
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Eat the damn yolk.

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are plenty of ways to skin a cat. In the end, everyone has to find out what works for them, as it looks like OP has.

Good job man, nice transformation.
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think 50g of fat per day while cutting is plenty. I want good fat tho coming from nuts, fish and olive oil.
    It isn't. You should be getting 70g minimum.

Originally Posted by HealingHands8 View Post
    i agree.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Originally Posted by HealingHands8 View Post
    50g is too low ? next your gonna tell me i need exactly 1.2g of protein per lbm ? How can you say that like everyone is the same ? I posted what I do. 50g for me is enough fat to support my 10-12 weeks diet.

Everyone is different and people who think they know whats good for everyone make me laugh.This post was all about pointing out that what you eat will make or break your goal. And showing how I cook my food to always have some meals rdy.

We can argue all day whats best for someone, but in the end you can only talk for your own body, not mine.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you are missing the point of my post.

Cliff: Cook for a whole week in one shot so you have all your meals ready. No excuse to skip a meal or eat junk.
    What?
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

donparkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donparkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donparkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donparkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donparkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donparkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donparkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donparkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donparkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donparkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donparkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When you get ready to heat them up and eat your pre made meals in the tupperware, can you just microwave it leaving the food inside the tupperware?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by donparkk View Post
    When you get ready to heat them up and eat your pre made meals in the tupperware, can you just microwave it leaving the food inside the tupperware?
    ... Srs?? How old are you?
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If only you known at least the basics about nutrition, you would get equal or better results without engaging is such restrictive, compulsive, antisocial dieting.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    If only you known at least the basics about nutrition, you would get equal or better results without engaging is such restrictive, compulsive, antisocial dieting.
    Isent this bodybuilding.com ? You and I clearly have different goals. First time I post in the nutrition forum and you guys are like that all the time ? Not a single positive comment like any tips how to make healty food easier ? Thx you all for your contribution.

Isent this bodybuilding.com ? Tou and I clearly have different goals.

I dont get it?
    Eat the damn yolk.

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Isent this bodybuilding.com ? You and I clearly have different goals. First time I post in the nutrition forum and you guys are like that all the time ? Not a single positive comment like any tips how to make healty food easier ? Thx you all for your contribution.
    If your goal is to eat boring, restrictive meals out of Tupperware containers, then you definitely have different goals.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Set protein intake to 145 grams and dietary fat intake to 80 grams, with your remaining calories composed from whatever mix of macronutrients you prefer.

Eat when you're hungry, selecting foods you're in the mood for while taking reasonable care to ensure micronutrient sufficiency, preferably derived in the (vast) majority from whole and minimally processed foods.

Don't engage in disordered eating, such as described in your posts, and, if you can't stop yourself, seek help from a medical professional who specializes in the treatment of eating disorders.