Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    lethalandcruel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lethalandcruel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lethalandcruel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lethalandcruel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lethalandcruel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lethalandcruel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lethalandcruel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lethalandcruel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lethalandcruel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lethalandcruel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lethalandcruel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    But who was higgs boson?

roflobster will become famous soon enough. (+50) roflobster will become famous soon enough. (+50) roflobster will become famous soon enough. (+50) roflobster will become famous soon enough. (+50) roflobster will become famous soon enough. (+50) roflobster will become famous soon enough. (+50) roflobster will become famous soon enough. (+50) roflobster will become famous soon enough. (+50) roflobster will become famous soon enough. (+50) roflobster will become famous soon enough. (+50) roflobster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "it makes no sense that the universe always existed. everything must have a creator. except for the creator in my retarded 'theory' which has apparently always existed."

logic, not even once
    *shoulder press on the leg press machine for muscle confusion crew*
    *say i'm gonna eat steak but eat pork chops instead to confuse my muscles for max gains crew*
    *works out blindfolded to stimulate max muscle confusion and gains crew*
    *live.laugh.love<3 crew*
    *fedoras are alpha crew*
    *mod negged crew*
    *crews on crews crew*

amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by LurkingSince09 View Post
    It's frustrating brah. I want to know. What made all this happen. What's the purpose of life? What's the point? I don't believe in heaven or hell. So I'm sitting here thinking, why do we do everything we do? We can work all our lives to achieve something, and we die. We might leave a legacy behind for our kids, but they'll die too. At the end, whatever we achieve, doesn't matter. It's depressing.
    see, that's not depressing to me

that's empowering, as your actions in life can now be turned solely to doing what YOU want, since your achievements or non-achievements will be irrelevant a couple generations out

you piddle around having a grand old time, then you die and no one's there to judge you on seeking your own personal pleasure

KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by OZchuck View Post
    If you can say what you've said, then you need a more robust understanding of the concept.
    It's not a partial thing that works well in analogy, because the concept is arrived at in so complicated a way, you can't just attack the analogy to disprove the idea.

Much like how people will use overly simple analogies for evolution, attack the analogy and then claim evolution is false... its a fallacy.

People used to do the same thing for the world being round, gravity being a consistent force, germ theory and mendels laws.

You've misunderstood my analogy. I'm not attempting to prove that there is an intelligent being behind the Big Bang; simply stating that you can't prove that there wasn't even if there is "math involved". Just as I can't prove that there was an intelligent being behind it.

That's why it's called "faith", brah.
    Reps KY brahs on sight
    ***Always pick 4 crew***

A wolf does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep.

John Hancock

LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PHXNick View Post
    This argument has never made any sense to me. Rather than accepting that the universe was there (which is an over-oversimplification), you introduce an all powerful, invisible being as the creator, and then just accept the fact that this being itself doesn't require a creator. So in the end you do accept the infinite nature of something, but you've decided to attribute it to this invisible, unknowable being rather than the visible and knowable (to some extent) universe.
    I believe something created the creator. And something created the creators creator, and so on. Which, I admit, is my brain trying to make sense of it all. I understand your view, but how can the universe just be there though? I honestly would like to know your explanation, because my brain just can't grasp that concept.

LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000) LurkingSince09 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by amikaelmorris View Post
    see, that's not depressing to me

that's empowering, as your actions in life can now be turned solely to doing what YOU want, since your achievements or non-achievements will be irrelevant a couple generations out

you piddle around having a grand old time, then you die and no one's there to judge you on seeking your own personal pleasure
    That is a fun way to look at it. But don't you still wonder. Why am I here then? What's the point of all these galaxies? What's the use of all these brings spread out through space.

OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You want me to believe the universe was just there? Rather than insulting me, why don't you make a counterpoint and explain.
    I recommend the following books:

The end of faith by Sam Harris
    The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
    Origins by Neill degrasse tyson
    The origin of the species by Charles Darwin.

These will answer questions you didnt even know you had and take away a large bit of the vague sense of uncertainty you have.
    *wetbreasts is gonna make it crew*

Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It is beyond the human capability to understand the origins of the universe. Even the scientific explanations such as the big bang theory, ultimately, are beyond human understanding. Who created the creator? What caused the big bang? Our brains can't comprehend it, ultimately, and thus, there's no point in worrying. Anyone who disagrees hasn't thought enough about this. Whether you post a religious or scientific argument, there are holes in the answer you lean on, and there remains questions that are unsolvable.

That's not to say I don't respect or appreciate those who seek answers....but really, it's futile. Even if the guessing can be entertaining.
    230x1 Bench.
    330x1 Squat.
    460x1 Deadlift.
    17 Pull-Ups.

Misc Philosophers Crew= Where we not only train the body, but also the mind
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=142066961

*Always pick 4 crew*
    *1k+ big three lifts crew*

Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I can give you a better theory. We, as humans living on earth in this universe, are 3 dimensional beings. We can't see past time, so beginning and end, or the distance between points in time has a very specific meaning to us. But what if your "being" is 10 dimensional? What if there doesn't need to be a beginning?

Tell me, what is the beginning of the earth? Where does it start and where does it end? if you were in a plane and just flew and flew you would never reach an end. What if time is also like this, in some way? Again, we can't really comprehend this. Try thinking about a stickman drawn on a sheet of paper. How would you explain to him the meaning of "going sideways"?

And all this crap is why I consider myself Agnostic, ain't even mad
    God is dead.
    -- Nietzsche

Nietzsche is dead.
    -- God

Every generalization is dangerous, especially this one.
    -- Mark Twain

The last time I was inside a woman was when I was inside the Statue of Liberty.
    -- Woody Allen

"Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."

OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OZchuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KyDrumGuns View Post
    You've misunderstood my analogy. I'm not attempting to prove that there is an intelligent being behind the Big Bang; simply stating that you can't prove that there wasn't even if there is "math involved". Just as I can't prove that there was an intelligent being behind it.

That's why it's called "faith", brah.
    Thats the thing though, the analogy is just an analogy.
    If you read a book on the topic you would see why the concept is solid and there is no room or need for a creator.

The very concept of a creator in the big bang doesnt actually mesh with the concept of the big bang, which
    *wetbreasts is gonna make it crew*

cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Faith - this is pretty interesting. It is pretty smart actually. It's a tool that makes its followers believe in something that has no proof or evidence whatsoever, just because of that.

Try to think about that applied somewhere else - "I have faith that giving money to TeamPunishment is the right thing to do.... WAIT, YOU CAN'T SAY IT IS NOT RIGHT, YOU JUST DON'T HAVE "FAITH", WHICH I HAVE"

It is pretty hard to accept that as an argument.
    My crews were stupid crew

CannibalJester is just really nice. (+1000) CannibalJester is just really nice. (+1000) CannibalJester is just really nice. (+1000) CannibalJester is just really nice. (+1000) CannibalJester is just really nice. (+1000) CannibalJester is just really nice. (+1000) CannibalJester is just really nice. (+1000) CannibalJester is just really nice. (+1000) CannibalJester is just really nice. (+1000) CannibalJester is just really nice. (+1000) CannibalJester is just really nice. (+1000)
    how is that your theory op? thats always been a theory, you act like you came up with it
    you're probably a drone anyway

n ........ n
    ((☪)Y(☪))
    ((),____,))
    _||_ _||_

u wot m1.68179283050743⁴ Manc33's Avatar
    Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    in on 80 pages+
    u wot m1.68179283050742908606225095246644152⁴

iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I recommend the following books:

The end of faith by Sam Harris
    The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
    Origins by Neill degrasse tyson
    The origin of the species by Charles Darwin.

These will answer questions you didnt even know you had and take away a large bit of the vague sense of uncertainty you have.
    you can't answer metaphysical questions with science

YomenStr8Ballin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YomenStr8Ballin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YomenStr8Ballin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YomenStr8Ballin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YomenStr8Ballin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YomenStr8Ballin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YomenStr8Ballin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YomenStr8Ballin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YomenStr8Ballin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YomenStr8Ballin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YomenStr8Ballin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I believe something created the creator. And something created the creators creator, and so on. Which, I admit, is my brain trying to make sense of it all. I understand your view, but how can the universe just be there though? I honestly would like to know your explanation, because my brain just can't grasp that concept.
    No one knows...that's the thing. Even if religion didn't existed, even the scientifically theory of evolution is flawed. Talking about science, the theory of evolution can also be seen as a religion because most people believe in it.

This is why we are HUMANS. There is a lot of chit that goes on right here on earth that we cannot explain. Explain to me how snakes climb fuking trees please.

Griever731 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griever731 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griever731 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griever731 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griever731 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griever731 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griever731 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griever731 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griever731 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griever731 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griever731 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Or perhaps we're in a simulation. Or a simulation within a simulation. I like Nick Bostrum's 'theory' or thought experiment.
    How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 8:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?
    ― Charles Bukowski

-Liverpool F.C-
    -YNWA-

cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cresros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I personally believe that us humans are not perfect and flawless : just like a mushroom doesn't have the tools needed to know if someone is around them, or if someone is wearing blue or red around them, we just might not have the tools needed to understand the universe entirely - maybe there are senses that we just don't have. Just like a tree can't see, we don't know if there is something around and we just don't know about it because we have no tools to "feel" it. Ultraviolet, infrared, all of these things that we CAN'T see are just there because of our intelligent minds, PLUS our vision. If we were all blind, we would never discover that. There is probably a whole bunch of the universe that we don't understand because we simply don't have the tools to understand it.

Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You want me to believe the universe was just there? Rather than insulting me, why don't you make a counterpoint and explain.
    Do some fuking research on the subject you moron.

Type in 'lawrence krauss beginning of the universe' or something along those lines in youtube. He's proven that the universe can spawn out of literally nothing without violating any laws of physics

Originally Posted by Cfitz717 View Post
    If a mainstream God is real, its the Christian one, imo.

Brb, once I started reading up on the Illuminati, Jesuits, Aleister Crowley, NWO, Freemasons, its quite obvious they worship a higher power. Most think it is Satan or Lucifer.

I dare you to do a weeks worth of research and still say that you're 100% certain there is no God.

Still, I hope there's not.
    lol

KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyDrumGuns will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thats the thing though, the analogy is just an analogy.
    If you read a book on the topic you would see why the concept is solid and there is no room or need for a creator.

The very concept of a creator in the big bang doesnt actually mesh with the concept of the big bang, which

By reading one man's "understanding" of the topic, I'm supposed to believe it with absolutely no doubt that it is 100% correct?

It's a THEORY.

What is it with you damn atheists? (not all, just a lot)

It's not enough that you decide that there is no God, you always have to "prove" that you are right.

inb4 "that's exactly what Christians do"

Christians attempt to open people's eyes to the idea of "faith" Not proof. Faith is individual choice, not a scientific theory forced down your throat. Any Christian that tries to prove that there is a God is mistaken.

That being said, I respect whatever beliefs you do/do not have.
    Reps KY brahs on sight
    ***Always pick 4 crew***

John Hancock

Originally Posted by cresros View Post
    Faith - this is pretty interesting. It is pretty smart actually. It's a tool that makes its followers believe in something that has no proof or evidence whatsoever, just because of that.

Try to think about that applied somewhere else - "I have faith that giving money to TeamPunishment is the right thing to do.... WAIT, YOU CAN'T SAY IT IS NOT RIGHT, YOU JUST DON'T HAVE "FAITH", WHICH I HAVE"

Exactly. Which is why I turned my back on religion when I was 11. I started thinking about these things and it's so complicated.

PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PHXNick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I accept the fact that, prior to the big bang, we simply don't know. I'm comfortable with not knowing, and I don't see the benefit in constructing these deities as place-holders for the spaces that science hasn't covered yet and may not be able to ever cover.

iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Exactly. Which is why I turned my back on religion when I was 11. I started thinking about these things and it's so complicated.
    read this: http://www.amazon.com/The-Critique-P...8754082&sr=1-1

or this: http://www.amazon.com/Prolegomena-Fu...ds=prolegomena

second one is easier

Treeling is not very helpful. (-500) Treeling is not very helpful. (-500) Treeling is not very helpful. (-500) Treeling is not very helpful. (-500) Treeling is not very helpful. (-500) Treeling is not very helpful. (-500) Treeling is not very helpful. (-500) Treeling is not very helpful. (-500) Treeling is not very helpful. (-500) Treeling is not very helpful. (-500) Treeling is not very helpful. (-500)
    Stop asking unanswerable questions. You will resort to philosophy which just ends up going in circles and makes no progress.
    And better yet, stop answering the unanswerable questions with God because you are too arrogant to say "I don't know".

Since you don't know much about this stuff I'll tell you some stuff.
    The universe is infinite(in 3-D space dimensions)
    There is never nothing("virtual" particles borrow energy, turn into a matter and anti matter pair and then annihilate returning the energy back to equilibrium everywhere all at once)
    Particles go backwards in time due to laws of physics.(Quantum effects)

Weird **** like that which you prolly can't even imagine but everything is explained and physicists understand it.

Originally Posted by Treeling View Post
    Weird **** like that which you prolly can't even imagine but everything is explained and physicists understand it.
    What the fuk.

Really? Everything? There are plenty of things physicists are not sure about. A single subject could have hundreds of different physicists groups defending a different position.

This new wave of "atheist religious" *******s piss me off. People like you make real atheists and agnostics have a bad image. Please stay out of these subjects if you have no idea about what you are talking about.

amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That is a fun way to look at it. But don't you still wonder. Why am I here then? What's the point of all these galaxies? What's the use of all these brings spread out through space.
    why am i here? as a result of a bunch of scientific anomalies that somehow resulted in my existence.. who cares really? i am here. that's all there is to it.

what's the point of all the galaxies? more scientific anomalies that somehow didn't result in my existence. irrelevant to me in any sense other than basic curiosity.

what's the use of it all? does everything need to have a use at this exact moment? maybe in 5 million years some comet will hit one of those planets in a galaxy somewhere off in space and it'll result in some form of life, intelligent or not.. for real dude, doesn't matter to me. cool to think about but the reality is it has zero bearing on my life. i've got roughly 70 years on this planet to do what i choose to, with my personal motivation trying to experience as much as i can. sometimes that means doing things i don't want to, as a means to do something i do want to. i really don't care what life is gonna be like 15 generations out, i want to please me.

Originally Posted by cresros View Post

If you think using faith as an excuse is the same thing as faith then you do not understand the concept of it.

Nobody forces you to have faith. Faith is based on individual life experiences, not a blind decision.
    Reps KY brahs on sight
    ***Always pick 4 crew***

John Hancock

Let's make some gains Carter770's Avatar
    Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000) Carter770 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is no creator.

If you think a creator made the big bang you need to read a full book on the concept and how people came up with the idea.

Theres maths involved. People didnt just sit around and say one day "Hey I bet there was a huge bang that started everything, since the universe is expanding."
    Wanna know who first came up with the big bang theory?

A catholic priest.
    N.O. Saints Crew

If you think using faith as an excuse is the same thing as faith then you do not understand the concept of it.

Nobody forces you to have faith. Faith is based on individual life experiences, not a blind decision.
    there is only room for faith when you don't know something for sure. science is arguably a faith, albeit a more credible one than religion, in inductive reasoning.

That would be true if faith wasn't made by everything you were thought until this day. Would you have faith if you didn't even know what god was, if no one ever told you what religion is, what whatever else your "faith" covers? You think you would just simply think of that and started believing in it even if there were absolutely no other things stimulating you to have "faith"? You think you'd be the first? If so, that makes sense. If not, it doesn't. Of course you can choose any answer to post in here, but just think about it yourself. I'm not saying that christians are wrong, I am just arguing about something they preach. I could be wrong too, it is just my opinion (I feel the need to point that out because some people get pretty angry about what you think, I'm just trying to have a nice, enlightning conversation that could teach us all something in here, but that's pretty rare)

Originally Posted by iceypain View Post
    there is only room for faith when you don't know something for sure. science is arguably a faith, albeit a more credible one than religion, in inductive reasoning.
    Though I disagree with which is more credible, believe it or not you and I are on the same page here.
    Reps KY brahs on sight
    ***Always pick 4 crew***

John Hancock