kswilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it possible...

Hi

This is my first post on these forums and I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to losing fat and building muscle. My question is whether it is possible to build muscle and lose fat at the same time. I know this is probably a question that gets asked a lot but from browsing the internet I've read some conflicting theories. I currently have around 8/9% body fat and have built some lean muscle over the years. However, I have never really dieted properly and eaten the amount of calories I need to build substantial muscle as I am a bit paranoid about gaining fat as well. So ultimately, is there a way I can build muscle and keep fat gain to a minimum?

Thanks!

ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kswilson View Post
    I currently have around 8/9% body fat... However, I have never really dieted properly and eaten the amount of calories I need to build substantial muscle
    If true, i hate you... (j/k)

it is only possible to do both under certain circumstances, either of which by your post seem unlikely for you.

basically, if you are untrained you will have noob muscle gain while cutting.

or

If your a teen and you produce excess hormones allowing you to bulk and cut.
    90 day transformation challenge,

May-1 (394.4) May-8 (385.3) May-15 (371.6) May-22 (362.1) May-29 (356.2)
    June-5 (347.8) June-12 (341.6) June-19 (337.3) June-26 (333.4)
    July-3 (325.0) July-10 (320.1) July-17 (316.3) July-24 (312.2) July-31 (306.9)
    August-1 (306.1) final weigh in

---
    Former 500lb club
    Former 400lb club
    Former 300lb club
    Former 200lb club

Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can build muscle with a minimum of fat loss if you keep your caloric surplus low. Find your maintenance calories and then slowly increase from there to just a few hundred over. The goal is to gain about two pounds a month; if you're gaining faster than that, cut back.
    My running and ICF 5x5 log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153761921

Thanks for those replies! Sorry if this is a stupid question but what exactly is my maintenance calories?

calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kswilson View Post
    Thanks for those replies! Sorry if this is a stupid question but what exactly is my maintenance calories?
    Asking questions like this I highly doubt you're at 8% bodyfat.
    Maintenance =TDEE.

Originally Posted by calutaxi View Post
    Asking questions like this I highly doubt you're at 8% bodyfat.
    Maintenance =TDEE.
    That's what the calipers say . And I have no idea what that means.

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)