Page 89 of 252 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 7538
    doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Forget this post Mike. Found the thread after unsubbing and as I am on a mobile I am unable to re sub without putting text here.

Got to mention though that the convos that take place in here are pretty darn entertaining at times.

Better than a hell of a lot of journals I am subbed to.

Srs.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I didn't think the form looked bad. Always room for improvement, but it looked decent to me.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Philippians 4:13

No one can limit my success

Current training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149434003

Goals before I'm 30: PhD and natural pro card.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    Thanks for the critiques fellas, will work on sitting back a bit more. However, gotta remember, I'm 6'3" so my hips are going to start much higher than you guys due to limb lengths. Also, I feel much better having the bar over my midfoot as opposed to right up against my shins, it allows me to get my hips a touch lower at the start.
    height or not, its clear in the video. Layne norton is 6 foot but yet sets up behind the bar well and he sure is a strong lifter. Some of the better powerlifters are Taller guys, height sure doesnt help some people say benching but I mean you gotta play the cards your dealt with. I sure know you would not want to live yourself a midget like most of us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAaIwVOoB_0
    Last edited by The Solution; 04-15-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^might just be the angle, but in that second set it looked like layne's lower back was rounding a fair bit

he is also 5'10 I believe, not 6'
    Bench 280x1 Dead 415x1 OHP 185x1, Chins 90x5x5 Goals: 200x1 OHP, 100x5x5 chins, 315x1 Bench, 225 Front Squat
    *Sh!tty chest, bis, back, shoulders, traps, quads, hamstrings, calves, tris, forearms, glutes, abs crew*
    LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160399581
    Bulged discs crew Long femurs crew

Originally Posted by Prednisone666 View Post
    ^might just be the angle, but in that second set it looked like layne's lower back was rounding a fair bit

he also has 500+ on the bar
    if you can keep a straight back with 500+ on the bar
    Kudos to you.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wish I would figure out my body sometimes...After my session, took am hour nap but ever since I've felt absolutely horrible - fatigued, nauseous, no appetite, achy, and possibly running a fever? Seems like every time I try to put the pedal down and push a little, my body freaks out. Hoping this doesn't mean more time off, pretty discouraged right now...

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Forget this post Mike. Found the thread after unsubbing and as I am on a mobile I am unable to re sub without putting text here.

Got to mention though that the convos that take place in here are pretty darn entertaining at times.

Better than a hell of a lot of journals I am subbed to.

Srs.
    Haha glad you enjoy them DNG, always trying to keep it interesting for those who follow along.

Originally Posted by Reid456 View Post
    I didn't think the form looked bad. Always room for improvement, but it looked decent to me.
    Thanks Reid, still trying to iron out the kinks.

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    height or not, its clear in the video. Layne norton is 6 foot but yet sets up behind the bar well and he sure is a strong lifter. Some of the better powerlifters are Taller guys, height sure doesnt help some people say benching but I mean you gotta play the cards your dealt with. I sure know you would not want to live yourself a midget like most of us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAaIwVOoB_0

he also has 500+ on the bar
    if you can keep a straight back with 500+ on the bar
    Kudos to you.
    That's true, but you also have to consider the advice from someone like Lee Boyce who's 6'4":

3. Use High Hip Position When Deadlifting

To execute a proper vertical pull, you need the bar to travel in a straight line up and down, and your shins need to stay relatively close to vertical. If you're a tall guy, the only way to do this is to shift your hips up. This will also encourage your scapulae (shoulder blades) to position themselves above the bar for a complete force transfer. If you feel the bar "traveling around your knees" on the way up or down, chances are your hips are too low for your leg length. View my PR lift, below, and check out the setup I need to pull heavy.

B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

This is why all your research is conflicting (of which you love to read all the time)
    Everyone has a different stance on what works for them
    Trying to put everything everyone says into context is going to confuse you when in reality it comes down to what suits "YOU" (and again we all have different frames and structures and this will take tons of time to find what suits us)

if its what layne says great
    if it what dude says above great
    if its what dave tate says great
    if its what Mike Z says, awesome..

Everyone will preach and retract to something different, this is why all those Studies and stuff is great, but its only a grain of salt and has very little merit in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by The Solution; 04-15-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is why all your research is conflicting
    Trying to put everything everyone says into context is going to confuse you when in reality it comes down to what suits "YOU"

Everyone will preach and retract to something different, this is why all those Studies and stuff is great, but its only a grain of salt and has very little merit in the grand scheme of things.
    Seconded. Experience goes a long way in determing what works best for you. It takes a long time.

I think Layne might have one of the ugliest squats I've ever seen of someone at his level, but he holds multiple records in the squat at the national level so you can't dispute that. He found what works for him, but I wouldn't advocate his form for anyone else.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Philippians 4:13

No one can limit my success

Current training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149434003

Goals before I'm 30: PhD and natural pro card.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is why all your research is conflicting
    Trying to put everything everyone says into context is going to confuse you when in reality it comes down to what suits "YOU"

Seconded. Experience goes a long way in determing what works best for you. It takes a long time.

I think Layne might have one of the ugliest squats I've ever seen of someone at his level, but he holds multiple records in the squat at the national level so you can't dispute that. He found what works for him, but I wouldn't advocate his form for anyone else.
    ^Exactly, which is why my DL pattern may look different than yours, Reid's, Layne's, or Lee's. I'm still experimenting and as you noted earlier, I still have some work to do to find what works best for me. But part of the reason why I "research so much" is not for my own personal lifting, it's to understand the movement for everyone b/c I'm going to be working with a variety of clients and athletes so simply learning the lift for only tall folks limits my abilities as a coach and a professional.
    Last edited by MikeWines; 04-15-2014 at 06:02 PM.
    B.S. Exercise Science

Justice Police of bb.com hostelmaniac's Avatar
    hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ha, nah idk about that one.

Hadn't thought about it, just using an old one my dad had and haven't had any issues so far. Think it's really worth it?

Thanks for the critiques fellas, will work on sitting back a bit more. However, gotta remember, I'm 6'3" so my hips are going to start much higher than you guys due to limb lengths. Also, I feel much better having the bar over my midfoot as opposed to right up against my shins, it allows me to get my hips a touch lower at the start.
    ^Exactly, which is why my DL pattern may look different than yours, Reid's, Layne's, or Lee's. I'm still experimenting and as you noted earlier, I still have some work to do to find what works best for me. But part of the reason why I "research so much" is not for my own personal lifting, it's to understand the movement for everyone b/c I'm going to be working with a variety of clients and athletes so simply learning the lift for only tall folks limits my abilities as a coach and a professional.

Inzer belt is one of the best investments ive ever made. I actually just sold my buckle belt to buy a lever. 100% do it if you are serious about lifting heavy weight.

You had 330 x 5 in you. dead srs.

Yes, your hips will start higher than people shorter than you but yours are still too high. I also put the bar about mid foot, you can still sit back. I thought everything looked good besides the sitting back an inch or so. Your form isn't bad by any means, very minor tweaks and it looks golden.

Just sit back about an inch or two from where you were in the video, pull the slack out of the bar, big breath into your stomach through nose, and nothing is stopping you from pulling 405+

We are all just being hypercritical of your form to try and perfect it, it honestly looks good, we all have improvements to be made, we're just making yours obvious for your benefit
    Last edited by hostelmaniac; 04-15-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155910073

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    @baseball/softball
    I played so many baseball games growing up I wouldnt want to count. Town eague, all-star teams, travel teams wtc.
    SS and Pitcher checking in

NEVER played SOftball though and I heard there is a transition to getting used to the different pitch trajectory when hitting.
    Maybe some day i will try to find an adult league locally if there is one.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice interview, Mike! Good to see videos of DLs too, congrats on the PRs!

You've got some great form advice in your log from people. It's helpful to me as well to be reading it. Here's a vid that someone posted in my log a while ago that was pretty enlightening about loading DL from top to bottom. I find that it might be helpful for people who's strongest position is hips higher because it allows you to keep a neutral spine and engage your hams and glutes most effectively, as they become more crucial

Also, don't feel discouraged, you've come a long way! You might need a little extra rest here and there, but it will just make you stronger. Rest up, eat food, it's all good
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158655833

Originally Posted by hostelmaniac View Post
    Inzer belt is one of the best investments ive ever made. I actually just sold my buckle belt to buy a lever. 100% do it if you are serious about lifting heavy weight.

You had 330 x 5 in you. dead srs.

Yes, your hips will start higher than people shorter than you but yours are still too high. I also put the bar about mid foot, you can still sit back. I thought everything looked good besides the sitting back an inch or so. Your form isn't bad by any means, very minor tweaks and it looks golden.

Just sit back about an inch or two from where you were in the video, pull the slack out of the bar, big breath into your stomach through nose, and nothing is stopping you from pulling 405+

We are all just being hypercritical of your form to try and perfect it, it honestly looks good, we all have improvements to be made, we're just making yours obvious for your benefit
    ^Not sure if srs...haha I know you guys are trying to help, I consider everything that's said and plan to implement it to improve. That's why I post the videos, not to show off, but to get outside feedback on how I can become a better lifter.

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    @baseball/softball
    I played so many baseball games growing up I wouldnt want to count. Town eague, all-star teams, travel teams wtc.
    SS and Pitcher checking in

NEVER played SOftball though and I heard there is a transition to getting used to the different pitch trajectory when hitting.
    Maybe some day i will try to find an adult league locally if there is one.
    ^Why wait?...

It's a little bit different but the hardest transition for me is going in btw a golf and baseball/softball swing since they're in different planes of motion (transverse vs. frontal/transverse).

Originally Posted by meimonsta View Post
    Nice interview, Mike! Good to see videos of DLs too, congrats on the PRs!

You've got some great form advice in your log from people. It's helpful to me as well to be reading it. Here's a vid that someone posted in my log a while ago that was pretty enlightening about loading DL from top to bottom. I find that it might be helpful for people who's strongest position is hips higher because it allows you to keep a neutral spine and engage your hams and glutes most effectively, as they become more crucial

[youtube]a-DJu0bEVPw[youtube]

Also, don't feel discouraged, you've come a long way! You might need a little extra rest here and there, but it will just make you stronger. Rest up, eat food, it's all good
    ^Dang, I love listening to Starett, guy is a genius. I'm an MWOD and supple leopard junkie (finished his book a couple months ago) so I've seen that video a few times before but the reminder was excellent, I'll definitely be implementing that on my next pull session, thanks Meimonsta!
    B.S. Exercise Science

Daily Read/Watch/Listen:

Cue/Tip of the Day

Stop stretching every muscle that feels tight. Why? Well take your hamstrings for example - if you have excessive anterior pelvic tilt, they're in a lengthened position every time you're on your feet due to the position of your pelvis. So, it's no wonder they feel tight, they're in a state of chronic lengthening. Stretching them more just feeds into the dysfunction, you need to strengthen them. If it feels tight, ask WHY, don't just assume that it needs to be lengthened.
    Push

Warm Up:
    • Deep Squat w/Lat Stretch + Apical Breathing
    • Straight Leg Hamstring Walk
    • Spiderman Lunge w/Hamstring Rockback
    • Back To Wall Shoulder Flexion
    • Scap Wall Slides
    • Band Pull-apart Series
    • Glute Bridge w/Straight Leg Hip Flex/Ext
    • Glute Bridge raised off bench

Decline DB Bench
    55sx12
    65sx8
    75sx6
    85sx4
    85sx3
    85sx3

DB Floor Press
    60sx9
    60sx9
    60sx9

A1. Leaning 1 Arm Lateral Raise
    20sx15
    20sx15
    20sx15

A2. Banded Facepull
    Blue Medium Bandx20x3sets

B1. French Press
    3sets

B2. Pallof Press
    3sets

Thoughts
    -Much better lift today, dunno what the heck was up with my body yesterday after deadlifts but I was literally incapacitated the rest of the day. Sat on my butt and tried not puke basically. Good one today though, felt good to add the floor press back in, forgot how much I enjoy it. Pretty excited to be heading home for Easter this weekend, got a legs session on tap for saturday with my dad that I'm really looking forward to.
    Last edited by MikeWines; 04-16-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    B.S. Exercise Science

Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not sure if my memory serves me correctly, but I remember trying leaning laterals and finding them much harder than the upright variety. using 20s on that for sets of 15 must kill your delts
    Bench 280x1 Dead 415x1 OHP 185x1, Chins 90x5x5 Goals: 200x1 OHP, 100x5x5 chins, 315x1 Bench, 225 Front Squat
    *Sh!tty chest, bis, back, shoulders, traps, quads, hamstrings, calves, tris, forearms, glutes, abs crew*

I'm not sure if my memory serves me correctly, but I remember trying leaning laterals and finding them much harder than the upright variety. using 20s on that for sets of 15 must kill your delts
    They feel so much better for me than the upright version, MMC is 10x better and I actually feel my lateral delts kick in where as before I couldn't get anything out of them. I think it's the change in planes of motion and joint angles. But yeah, my delts were pretty pumped from that superset. haha
    B.S. Exercise Science

Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ebullience will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wish I would figure out my body sometimes...After my session, took am hour nap but ever since I've felt absolutely horrible - fatigued, nauseous, no appetite, achy, and possibly running a fever? Seems like every time I try to put the pedal down and push a little, my body freaks out. Hoping this doesn't mean more time off, pretty discouraged right now...
    Sorry to hear Mike :/ Been fighting off a sinus infection so I feel ya on the physical symptoms. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Mike, you're going to be pretty successful in life.
    Totally agree! You are clearly passionate about the area you wish to pursue career-wise. Always aiming to enhance your knowledge and willingness to help others are great traits! The read on meal frequency is very interesting. Although higher frequency was not found to affect body composition, its positive effect on cholesterol, insulin, and appetite control motivate me to stay consistent with at least three balanced meals a day. With commuting/classes my eating pattern has been thrown off and I'm barely ever hungry for dinner.

Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    [B]
    Thoughts
    -Much better lift today, dunno what the heck was up with my body yesterday after deadlifts but I was literally incapacitated the rest of the day. Sat on my butt and tried not puke basically. Good one today though, felt good to add the floor press back in, forgot how much I enjoy it. Pretty excited to be heading home for Easter this weekend, got a legs session on tap for saturday with my dad that I'm really looking forward to.
    Doing something nice with the family?

And...dat floor press. So glad I discovered that movement. Nothing bad to say about it except that it's sometimes awkward to get into position.
    Last edited by Crucifist; 04-17-2014 at 01:10 AM.
    "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius."

"The training is nothing. The will is everything."

"What you see in the mirror is not what you will see forever. That goes for what you like and what you don't. Everything is constantly changing" - Rodzilla

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158783463&p=1175110853#post1175110853

MW: 182.0 (+ almost 2lbs this week alone...) - What the heck? Nothing has changed lately (macros, activity, etc.) except adding creatine and now my weight is shooting up like crazy overnight. Gah, this sucks. Too small to cut and too average to actually look like I lift...

Originally Posted by Ebullience View Post
    Sorry to hear Mike :/ Been fighting off a sinus infection so I feel ya on the physical symptoms. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Totally agree! You are clearly passionate about the area you wish to pursue career-wise. Always aiming to enhance your knowledge and willingness to help others are great traits! The read on meal frequency is very interesting. Although higher frequency was not found to affect body composition, its positive effect on cholesterol, insulin, and appetite control motivate me to stay consistent with at least three balanced meals a day. With commuting/classes my eating pattern has been thrown off and I'm barely ever hungry for dinner.
    Yeah idk what the deal was, I felt energetic, motivated to lift, and ready to go but then about an hour or two after my lift (even with a nap), I was dragging and barely able to move with out feel nauseous or achy. I think it might have been a scoop of Shock Therapy I took pre-WO as I had a tub lying around and perhaps an ingredient in it didn't react well with me?

I would like to know what they mean "frequent meals" also - is that 3 or 6? Also, it'd be interesting to see the studied individual's activity levels as those would also play a large role in their cholesterol and insulin #'s. I'm not worried about either in my own case bu the topics of MPS and nitrogen balance have always intrigued me. I was hitting 4 meals/day but found it much easy to only have to 3 now with a busier schedule. Not to mention, larger meals are much more satiating.

Originally Posted by Crucifist View Post
    Doing something nice with the family?

And...dat floor press. So glad I discovered that movement. Nothing bad to say about it except that it's sometimes awkward to get into position.
    Gonna be celebrating my birthday with my sisters and extended family since they'll both be in town.

Awkward how? I find it easier than regular or decline DB press. I use both hands to put one DB on my leg, then lift up the opposite knee so that it can rest against it. Then use both my hands again to pick up the other DB and place it on my other leg and it pushes my knee down and stops the other DB from falling. Kind of tough to explain, but I'll video it next time if you want me to if you don't get what I'm saying.
    B.S. Exercise Science

You think about cutting kcals you should be slapped.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    this
    YOU SAID YOU ADDED CREATINE DUDE!!!
    Mind is not blown at weight increase
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

No, no, nothing is going to change. But the higher my BF % goes, the higher the urge is to get on that shred time. haha

this
    YOU SAID YOU ADDED CREATINE DUDE!!!
    Mind is not blown at weight increase
    3lbs in like 10 days? I can't remember how much I put on the last time but it seems like quite a bit...I mean I'm not super worried about it, given the fact that my legs and arms are still practically tooth picks but it just sucks when I wake up feeling somewhat decent BF % (12-13%) and then go to bed like: "Uhh there used to be abs there...right?..." Hahah
    B.S. Exercise Science

Why would you ever cycle off creatine? Thats the question.

Why would you ever cycle off creatine? Thats the question.
    I ran out at one point and wasn't taking any but there's been quite a bit of excellent discussion ITT (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1233895763) relating to it and the downregulation of the creatine transporter gene.
    B.S. Exercise Science

I ran out at one point and wasn't taking any but there's been quite a bit of excellent discussion ITT (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1233895763) relating to it and the downregulation of the creatine transporter gene.
    Email Coop@Pescience.com
    Mr Cooper off the boards and R&D for PES
    I bet that guy would not lead you wrong

he does this for a living.
    I am not sure if you have seen cyrus post on here (in the supp section) guy is a mastermind.

3 lbs in 10 days isn't ridiculous at all...I went up like 4 lbs in a week when I started creatine

I am way smaller than u and can fluctuate 2 lbs in day
    Founder of MMDELAD

Email Coop@Pescience.com
    Mr Cooper off the boards and R&D for PES
    I bet that guy would not lead you wrong

he does this for a living.
    I am not sure if you have seen cyrus post on here (in the supp section) guy is a mastermind.
    Yep, he's one of the main contributors in that thread. I haven't seen cyrus post much though, is he a nutrition or biochemisty major of sorts?

3 lbs in 10 days isn't ridiculous at all...I went up like 4 lbs in a week when I started creatine
    I am way smaller than u and can fluctuate 2 lbs in day
    Yeah, mine can fluctuate 5-7lbs at the end of a day with water, food, etc. but in the mornings it has progressively gone up every day, not yoyo'ed back and forth.
    B.S. Exercise Science

3 lbs in 1.5 weeks = 2 lbs a week = 20 % surplus
    Means you would have had to go from 3500 to 4200 in cal intake
    or your maintenance fell 600 cals

me thinks creatine
    Founder of MMDELAD

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cycle creaine.

Best stop eating red meat as well then.

Jus sayin.

Ride it like you just stole it.

Page 89 of 252 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast