Stacie84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any shy competitors here?

I think a competition would be a very good goal to keep me focused and on track. I'd love to enter one but I'm sooo shy. I'm the awkward one at a social event that sits quiet all night. I can't imagine strutting on stage but for some reason I still want to do it. Anyone like me ever enter one? Would a good coach be able to show me how to pretend to have confidence on stage or would judges pick up on this right away? Just curious about a shy girls experience.

mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Stacie84 View Post
    I think a competition would be a very good goal to keep me focused and on track. I'd love to enter one but I'm sooo shy. I'm the awkward one at a social event that sits quiet all night. I can't imagine strutting on stage but for some reason I still want to do it. Anyone like me ever enter one? Would a good coach be able to show me how to pretend to have confidence on stage or would judges pick up on this right away? Just curious about a shy girls experience.
    I am really really shy and I competed -- AND in Bikini no less! (By far the most sexualized posing.. I am NOT someone who exudes sexiness or confidence lol!!!) So YES it can be done.

If your reasons for competing are personal, to push yourself out of your comfort zone, etc., who cares if the judges can tell? I get that you want to appear confident but let go of the outcome -- especially at smaller shows, judging tends to be really unpredictable.

A good posing coach CAN teach you how to appear confident, though... whether or not you can channel that confidence in basically underwear on a stage in front of dozens or hundreds of people is a different story! I posed well in practice and came across fairly un-confident on stage...BUT it was still an AWESOME experience overall.
    http://squatlikealady.blogspot.com -- Recipes, Training, Information, and Life

zdeadlysinzz is just really nice. (+1000) zdeadlysinzz is just really nice. (+1000) zdeadlysinzz is just really nice. (+1000) zdeadlysinzz is just really nice. (+1000) zdeadlysinzz is just really nice. (+1000) zdeadlysinzz is just really nice. (+1000) zdeadlysinzz is just really nice. (+1000) zdeadlysinzz is just really nice. (+1000) zdeadlysinzz is just really nice. (+1000) zdeadlysinzz is just really nice. (+1000) zdeadlysinzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    5'5, 123

you have a long way to go.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm in no way girly or all about strutting what I got, but I compete and am getting more comfortable with pretending to be "the sh!t".... It gets better with time and practice.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463