Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Virgin active UK - personal trainer

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knows the payment structure for virgin? Is it a base rent, or do they take a % of the session price?

I currently train at virgin and have been offered an interview when i qualify ( 4 weeks away) but I have also been offered an interview at puregym where instead of paying rent you simply work 15 hours a week for the company... i really like this idea.

Just curious if virgin is the same?

Thanks

RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Melodie View Post
    Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knows the payment structure for virgin? Is it a base rent, or do they take a % of the session price?

I currently train at virgin and have been offered an interview when i qualify ( 4 weeks away) but I have also been offered an interview at puregym where instead of paying rent you simply work 15 hours a week for the company... i really like this idea.

Just curious if virgin is the same?

Thanks
    Yep, I worked there for 2 years. 1 year as a Fit Pro and 1 year as a PT.

If I remember correctly;

Under 10 hours = £10 ph
    11-15 hours = £14 ph
    16-20 hours= £19ph
    21-25 hours = £22 ph
    25 + hours = £25 ph

I think it was along those lines. This is a reason the company has a high turnover of new PT's as realistically they will be earning <£400 per month for the first month or two.

Great company for learning the ropes. But, if you are not successful you will seriously struggle financially.

What area are you looking at? This will make or break your decision.
    Tired of boring cardio? Want to add a challenge to your workouts?
    New book available on the Amazon store
    "Cardio Revolution: 54 Fat Loss Finishers - Pack of Cards Workout"

www.revolutionlifestyles.com

Online fitness, nutrition and lifestyle coaching.

Personal training - Wimbledon, SW19.

Fat Loss | Strength Training

Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome thanks for that!

Im in the Leeds area, I currently train at Virgin and I love that gym, but i really do like the pure gym system.

Its weird as because I train at Virgin i really want to work there because its my gym... that sounds stupid but thats how i feel, but i think starting of puregym might be better maybe!

Look forward to your response

RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    All of those pays were based on hours per week btw. The pay may be slightly different depend on what Virgin charge for their packages.

If you are a sociable guy in the gym, that will be a great advantage to you. I worked with a couple of guys that took that route, from member to PT, and it helped them with client generation.

I would speak to their PT's and see what their business volume is like. We had a couple of trainers on 20+ hours a week, and the rest were on 10-15 and the newbies on 10 and under.

If the gym itself is doing good business you should have leads sent your way. My Virgin was in an affluent area and so PT was not massive business, and we did not get many leads.

It is a great gym to learn the ropes, as long as you are okay with possibly earning moderate money for a while. Work your socks off and you can be on £30'000 plus a year.

The Pure Gym offer is good, but the way I view that is do people attend the gym as it is cheap and they do not have as much disposable income? Or are they willing to spend more on PT as they spend less on membership?

awesome thanks for that! I used to have a PT at virgin infact but she left and changed career ;/

Yeh thats the thing virgin is more expensive compared to pure gym, the bonus is the puregym is in leeds city centre and apparetly has 5500 members, virgin is on the outskirts but is a bigger gym...

Both have there bonuses, i do prefer the puregym structure, ill be in the gym all hours getting clients although im sure every new trainer said that haha!

Can i ask what made you leave virgin?

I had outgrown it.

My weekly delivery had plateaued and I was not really getting any more leads from management. They were taking a large cut of my possible income for little in return. After doing the figures, I realised I would be better of on less hours doing my own business. You can only talk to the same members about signing up so many times before they get pissed off.

It has been tough for the last year, but I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck with it all, you are in the right place to learn more.

Awesome man, thanks for the advice! I think imma give pure gym a shot to start with and see what happens!

Thanks Ant