AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50)

18 year old competing

Hey guys,

My name is Alex Holman and im 18 years old, diabetic, and i am competiting NEXT june in a competition. Any tips would be really greatly appreciated. Here are some current pics..

Weight: 217.8 in morning

i really appreciate it guys

Aspiring NPC Bodybuilder HeliumTwoPlus's Avatar
    HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey man, not really sure what you want us to tell you. Next June is 13 months away. You've got at least 40lbs minimum to lose. I'd do a lot of practice posing, take the diet nice and slow, keep the training as intense as you can, and focus on sparing as much muscle as possible.
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PrepareYourAngus
    Best Gym Lifts: 335B/500S/475D (all with belt)

AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHol will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HeliumTwoPlus View Post
    Hey man, not really sure what you want us to tell you. Next June is 13 months away. You've got at least 40lbs minimum to lose. I'd do a lot of practice posing, take the diet nice and slow, keep the training as intense as you can, and focus on sparing as much muscle as possible.

thanks for the comment..

i was just looking for advice because its my first competition.. 40 lbs?.. thats what i figured..

1)this may sound like a dumb question but im not sure.. how am i looking for being 13 months before the competiton? (i know that 13 months is a long time to give me a good answer but im just wondering if i am on the right track..)

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AHol View Post
    thanks for the comment..

i was just looking for advice because its my first competition.. 40 lbs?.. thats what i figured..

1)this may sound like a dumb question but im not sure.. how am i looking for being 13 months before the competiton? (i know that 13 months is a long time to give me a good answer but im just wondering if i am on the right track..)
    Well you've made the decision to compete, you've accepted that fact you have 40+ lbs to lose and not regressed into denial, so I'd say you're on the right track. Just keep asking questions, do a lot of research, practice, diet and practice some more.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you DO have the mass there, just a lot of cutting to do. But you have lots of time too. I think you'll do well in the teens as long as you get lean enough.
    The 2 most important things to me when training are 1. The Muscle Mind Connection. and 2. Intensity

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

Red face

Thanks for the comments everyone.. I am also diabetic.. How many weeks before the competition should I start my contest diet?

Another question.. I understand that 40 pounds is what I'll have to lose.. But I feel as if I'm still lean.. For example, In the pictures I still have abs and some cuts in my shoulders and back.. Am I storing that much fat? Thanks in advance

PolishCub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolishCub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolishCub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolishCub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolishCub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolishCub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolishCub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolishCub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolishCub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolishCub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolishCub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You make a good point with having visible abs at 220# and do you need to lose 40# for the contest.

Usually, if you have some visible abs, you would think you are mid teens or lower. If you are at 15% BF, then your LBM is 187. 5% BF with LBM at 187 would have you at 196#. Maybe you'll be down another 6# of water weight because you'll be eating less carbs and less sodium which means that your actual weight will be 190# at contest.

There are too many variables to get into that might change those numbers and/or percentages. I think that looking at my upper torso, I look like 15-16% but I think I can more BF on my lower body than most so maybe I'm really 18% BF. Everyone is a little different.

I've never competed but here is what I'd do...keep hitting the iron and tried to lose a pound each month for the next 8 months. If you happen to drop 2 pounds each month, that won't hurt you either and will make you prep a little shorter. 100 calories a day under maintenance should have you losing about 1 pound a month. You already have the mass, just try to keep it along the way and chip away at the fat slowly.