sconroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How Do Fitness Models Do It

What is the difference in the diet, training and routine of one of those male fitness models like you see on "Mens Health" to the diet, training and routine of a bodybuilder?

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Less steroids.

SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Travis Stenersn
    Less steroids.
    i highly doubt those guys use gear since their nowhere near the size of a bber, since seeing that natural bber's are also much larger than they are. I would just say they diet and train just like the rest of us, their just pussies about it

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To say that none of them use steroids is probably an over generalization. I'm sure many of them do not. I'm also sure that many of them do.

I have heard though that those guys you see on covers like that are usually pretty small.. like 150-180. Dunno how true that was.

SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To say that none of them use steroids is probably an over generalization. I'm sure many of them do not. I'm also sure that many of them do.

I have heard though that those guys you see on covers like that are usually pretty small.. like 150-180. Dunno how true that was.
    i would agree with that, i wasnt trying to make a generalization and my bad if it came off sounding like that, but i would agree with the weight those guys arent that big, i would give the biggest guy 200 maybe, cuz of hight, some of those guys look pretty tall.

Location: i have to leave bread crums to find my way back home so how would i know
    VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I heard that also from a documentry on BBC a few years ago.

Reagrding how they achieve their physique, they probably train like they say in the magazine, not with as much volume or intensity as BODYBUILDERS.
    On the steroid issue im sure some of them do use some deca, dianabol, testosterone etc. But maybe not use such a highly difficult diet and training routine to benefit enough from them.

So far i have said how they are not like Bodybuilders, but lets admit that a bodybuilder starting an advanceed stage can look like some of them.
    'In every block of marble I see a statue; see it as plainly asthough it stood. Before me shaped and perfect in attitude and action; i have only to hew away the rough walls... to reveal it to other eyes as mine see it' - Michelangelo

'What's Important Now... WIN'

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They reach their goal and just maintain from then on.

Location: i have to leave bread crums to find my way back home so how would i know
    VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegeMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by EAE
    They reach their goal and just maintain from then on.
    thats what i was trying to say... damn wish i could summarise like you
    'In every block of marble I see a statue; see it as plainly asthough it stood. Before me shaped and perfect in attitude and action; i have only to hew away the rough walls... to reveal it to other eyes as mine see it' - Michelangelo

'What's Important Now... WIN'

soulfly_flea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    he's a fitness model: http://www.stanmcquay.com/
    "No Pain, No Gain"

"Pain is temporary, Glory is forever"

KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000)
    AND Stan is my idle. Now, I don't want to be a fitness model. He does model, but he also bodybuilds. He's won the middleweight division at NPC nationals before (i think 2001). He's my same height (5'7"), and I'm very confident that I can achieve that build and compete nationally. My goal is to win my division at Nationals (which will be either Middleweight or Light Heavy).... eventually obviously.

Edit: He's won first in middleweight in several national shows.
    Last edited by KarateChris; 08-04-2003 at 10:21 PM.

ChinBo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea, that guy is hella tite, and he is not a pussy, i met him he is from socal.

I think he is natural? Right?
    N.B.S. ... u know who u are ...

Reinventing the Steel anthonykent84's Avatar
    anthonykent84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

heeeeelllllllllllllllllll no that guys not natural

Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I saw him on an ab swing infomercial and he looks pretty juiced up to me. He actually looked bigger than in that pic.

KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by ChinBo37
    yea, that guy is hella tite, and he is not a pussy, i met him he is from socal.

I think he is natural? Right?
    Yes, he's "supposedly" natural. He started out doing natural competitions, and he says that he's still natural to this day. I'm not going to be the one to judge whether he's natural or not. His last competition weight at Nationals was 176 at 5'7". Frankly, I don't care if he's natural or not. Great if he is, great if he's not. I can relate to him in certain ways since we're the same height and because he's a black belt in two types of martial arts (I wish I knew the two). And obviously from my name, I'm in martial arts.

Hard2Stop is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard2Stop is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard2Stop is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard2Stop is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard2Stop is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard2Stop is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard2Stop is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard2Stop is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard2Stop is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard2Stop is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard2Stop is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by VegeMark
    I heard that also from a documentry on BBC a few years ago.

Reagrding how they achieve their physique, they probably train like they say in the magazine, not with as much volume or intensity as BODYBUILDERS.
    On the steroid issue im sure some of them do use some deca, dianabol, testosterone etc. But maybe not use such a highly difficult diet and training routine to benefit enough from them.

So far i have said how they are not like Bodybuilders, but lets admit that a bodybuilder starting an advanceed stage can look like some of them.
    The models dont use as much volume and instensity as body builders? Thats all these ****ers are, BBers. They are about 150-180lbs, ranging from 5'8" to 6'. They pimper and pamper about 40 different ****ing body parts a workout to hit every angle of the bicep like a bunch of ***gots. These ****s are actually weak.

The real ****ing **** is the powerlifters. Not these ***gots.
    keep it cool

psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Hard2Stop
    The models dont use as much volume and instensity as body builders? Thats all these ****ers are, BBers. They are about 150-180lbs, ranging from 5'8" to 6'. They pimper and pamper about 40 different ****ing body parts a workout to hit every angle of the bicep like a bunch of ***gots. These ****s are actually weak.

dude come on, take it easy

Prosauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Hard2Stop

LOL.

Sure buddy. I think the majority of guys on this forum want to look like them. Deny it all you want... I respect them. Look they're in great shape, ripped, have some size and work hard for what they have.

I do respect powerlifters more though.
    I box, drink, and swear.

HyperionGauss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nobody pimpers and pampers THAT many body parts. They've still built themselves considerable mass, they're not morons to over train, I'm sure many of them just reach their goal and maintain, as stated before.

Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by KarateChris
    Yes, he's "supposedly" natural. He started out doing natural competitions, and he says that he's still natural to this day. I'm not going to be the one to judge whether he's natural or not. His last competition weight at Nationals was 176 at 5'7". Frankly, I don't care if he's natural or not. Great if he is, great if he's not. I can relate to him in certain ways since we're the same height and because he's a black belt in two types of martial arts (I wish I knew the two). And obviously from my name, I'm in martial arts.
    Is he still an amateur, or has he turned pro now?
    Injured O-lifter!

NeonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They don't get all big and bulky because most girls don't like that. They are fitness models and must have a desirable appearance. They build up to a certain muscle mass and then they just maintain that and try to get super lean and cut.

chris_altun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_altun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_altun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_altun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_altun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_altun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_altun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_altun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_altun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: How Do Fitness Models Do It

Originally posted by sconroy
    What is the difference in the diet, training and routine of one of those male fitness models like you see on "Mens Health" to the diet, training and routine of a bodybuilder?

one thing im pretty sure they do a billion ab workouts and haven't touched a big mac in 15 years
    6'2
    171 lbs
    14% bf (grrrr)

Originally posted by Davesta
    Is he still an amateur, or has he turned pro now?
    He's not IFBB pro. He's won his division several times in nationals, but you have to win overall to win your pro card (to my understanding). And he's never won overall. It's hard for a middleweight to beat out a heavy weight. Although, in the NPC Junior Nationals that just happened this year, the middleweight did win overall, which gives me some hope.

rich0331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make fun of fitness models all you want. . .but they gotta be doing something right to be that lean and well cut, all the power to em

Unregistered Sex Offender Bramble's Avatar
    Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    id say its both no steroids plus more cardio
    My are your are birds are all and one gone away the they
    ಠ_ಠ

ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    id say its both no steroids plus more cardio
    are you serious? bumping a 6 year old thread
    10% MYPROTEIN DISCOUNT CODE: 007PT56

Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear is an illusion of the mind!

**workout log**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153595921&p=1062447931#post1062447931

KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KurtBoy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Stay under 190lbs and 8% bodyfat.

Voila
    Micronized Creatine
    Elite Whey
    Orange Triad
    Jack3d
    Fishoils

Keeps me healthy =D