Pearza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

intermittent fasting

i recently just started doing this. although im confused on how many grams of fat i can have on workout days. im keeping it to about 15-20 so far, im wondering if thats too much.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    way too low
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973

read that. .45g per lb of lbm
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Pearza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anyone others wana share some info?

aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaron2686 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    way too low
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973

read that. .45g per lb of lbm
    Agreed. 15-20g/day is way too low.
    "The battle is won in the kitchen. The war is won on the toilet." -Alan Aragon

"I never fcked a 10, but one night I fcked five 2's and I think that should count." -George Carlin

"Fat is the vector by which flavor travels." -my girlfriend

jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Pearza View Post
    anyone others wana share some info?
    Serpentarius gave you everything you need. Read the thread he linked. 15-20g is definitely too low.

Fat doesn't make you fat.

Spitvenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spitvenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spitvenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spitvenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spitvenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spitvenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spitvenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spitvenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spitvenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spitvenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Spitvenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Too low brah

MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jampot1 View Post
    Serpentarius gave you everything you need. Read the thread he linked. 15-20g is definitely too low.

Fat doesn't make you fat.
    ^This.
    My Cutting Progress
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152280273

jkbboy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkbboy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkbboy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkbboy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkbboy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkbboy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkbboy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkbboy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkbboy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkbboy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkbboy85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What does fat consumption have to do with IF? IF isn't a diet. Its a meal timing strategy.

Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jkbboy85 View Post
    What does fat consumption have to do with IF? IF isn't a diet. Its a meal timing strategy.
    I was wondering the same.
    2/14: 218
    7/7: 183

"The poison is in the dose." ~ Brad Pilon

"What matters is actually doing something. You usually won't find out if something is right for you ahead of time unless you just hunker down and try it. So stop worrying and start hunkering." ~ Lyle McDonald

" 'Why' is one of the most powerful words you can put in your vocabulary." ~ Alan Aragon

"I'm lucky because I can eat whatever I want and I just get really, really fat." ~ Louis C.K.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jkbboy85 View Post
    It depends on how much of it you're doing. If you are following LG strictly, for a recomp, then you might be trying to keep fat a little lower on days you're taking in a calorie surplus.

When recomping (strictly) with IF, you're basically doing a mini-refeed each day you lift, and this would ideally involve keeping fat "low" on training days (when carbs are high), and relatively higher on rest days (when carbs are low). In effect, this has you cycling a little bit between fat and carbs on rest/training days.

Most recomp protocols end up doing this to a degree, UD2, BFFM, old-school carb cycling, etc.

Is it worth the effort? In nearly all cases, probably not.

Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    It depends on how much of it you're doing. If you are following LG strictly, for a recomp, then you might be trying to keep fat a little lower on days you're taking in a calorie surplus.

When recomping (strictly) with IF, you're basically doing a mini-refeed each day you lift, and this would ideally involve keeping fat "low" on training days (when carbs are high), and relatively higher on rest days (when carbs are low). In effect, this has you cycling a little bit between fat and carbs on rest/training days.

Most recomp protocols end up doing this to a degree, UD2, BFFM, old-school carb cycling, etc.

Thanks for the info. I assume you have to be at pretty low bf levels for this to make a noticeable difference?
    2/14: 218
    7/7: 183

"The poison is in the dose." ~ Brad Pilon

"What matters is actually doing something. You usually won't find out if something is right for you ahead of time unless you just hunker down and try it. So stop worrying and start hunkering." ~ Lyle McDonald

" 'Why' is one of the most powerful words you can put in your vocabulary." ~ Alan Aragon

"I'm lucky because I can eat whatever I want and I just get really, really fat." ~ Louis C.K.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Revolutionize View Post
    Thanks for the info. I assume you have to be at pretty low bf levels for this to make a noticeable difference?
    Well, I don't think being lean vs not is all that relevant to whether this provides any advantage or not (physiologically). I think it has more to do with whether a recomp is a suitable strategy in the first place. Until you're pretty lean, I think it generally isn't.

But I think that if a recomp is appropriate for the person and their circumstances and goals, then careful macro and calorie manipulation, in synch with training, is the right way to do it.

MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookyStick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Common sense advice right there. Carb cycling works in theory but in reality...I just don't notice a difference.
    My Cutting Progress
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152280273