mikee5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikee5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikee5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikee5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikee5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any one else experience this?

I have realised that after eating a meal with a minimum 10g of carbs it spikes my blood sugar and I realise I'm starting to eat mindlessly and I can't get full. Shortly after the meal I get drowsy, sleepy, irritable and kind of ****ty. Is this theory true? Apparently you should not consume more than 9g of carbs an hour, I had about 13-15g at lunch. Has any one else experienced this? Or is it just part of the carbohydrate withdrawal symptoms?

Twconklin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twconklin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twconklin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twconklin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twconklin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twconklin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twconklin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twconklin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twconklin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twconklin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twconklin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mikee5 View Post
    I have realised that after eating a meal with a minimum 10g of carbs it spikes my blood sugar and I realise I'm starting to eat mindlessly and I can't get full. Shortly after the meal I get drowsy, sleepy, irritable and kind of ****ty. Is this theory true? Apparently you should not consume more than 9g of carbs an hour, I had about 13-15g at lunch. Has any one else experienced this? Or is it just part of the carbohydrate withdrawal symptoms?
    This happens to me but only with simple sugars, not complex (like broccoli or spinach) but I have metabolic syndrome. The eat carb and feel tired is refered to as reactive hypoglycemia, for me with MS my body is insulin resistant, and thus my body requires more insulin but my body over secretes insulin, and the sugar gets over driven to the cells, and doesent leave enough for the brain, and Erythorcytes to function properly and thus a crash. ( but like 20 min latter ill feel slightly normal again)

Say something as simple as a packet of katchup (maybe 3 grams of sugar) Will cause me to crash. But ill eat 1000g of broccoli no problem.
    Theirs no such thing as mental fitness with out physical fitness.