Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tips To Help You Throw Down Your First Dunk

With the technology and research that has been done in today's world it is possible for almost anyone to dunk a basketball with the right workout routine. Of course there are many variables that play a part in one's ability to dunk but for the most part anyone can achieve this success. Some variables can be your weight/height, your health, and your genetics but I think you can overcome these variables if you have faith and a great work ethic.

Most people think that if you're under 6'0 there is no hope of dunking a basketball but that is certainly untrue. I've personally seen someone who is around 5'8 dunk the ball like a beast. I mean he did a tomahawk dunk in the middle of a high school varsity basketball game.( If you want look him up on youtube, his name is Stefan Moody) So height isn't as important as you may think.

So if you want to dunk a basketball you should first work on building your muscle strength.

Staying fit and healthy is also very important if you want to dunk a basketball. Just look at some of the best dunkers you know. Are they carrying and excess of weight and eating nothing but junk food everyday? I highly doubt it.

You need to build your core strength, your lower body strength and your upper body strength.

Some people think the only muscles that matter when it comes to jumping is the legs, but that is far from the truth. The core and the upper body play a role in your vertical jump so I advise you to spend some time building your strength in all three of those areas.

Simple exercises such as crunches, pull-ups, squats, lunges, and push-ups are great ways to build your strength without any equipment except maybe a pull-up bar. If you have access to a gym and/or weight training equipment you have no excuses for not building your muscle strength.

You should also focus on improving your jumping form and your vertical jump. Are you a one-foot or a two-foot jumper?

Figure out which one you're better at and see if you can grab the rim. If you can grab the rim, then you aren't very far from dunking. If you can't grab the rim then you have some work to do.

Once you can grab the rim, your goal should be to do a one-hand dunk. Most people try to cock the ball back and do a tomahawk on their first dunk, but that makes no sense to me. You should try to go straight up and put the ball in. Don't try to slam the ball down like Michael Jordan on your first try, just see if you can get the ball in. Try to palm the basketball because some people can jump high but they have a hard time controlling the ball and guiding it into the rim when they go up to dunk. Learning how to palm the ball can fix this issue.

Once you get down your first dunk keep working on making it consistent.
    Do you want to improve your jumping ability and add inches to your vertical jump?
    Go here to check out this FREE ebook that will show you how!

=> http://www.verticaljumpprime.com