A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Become very tired after 1st set? Normal?

I'm not sure if this is normal or not, so just asking to see.
    Only when i do pushing exercises, i get MUCH weaker after my first set. I know you are supposed to get weaker (obviously) because your body gets tired, but I think I'm getting too much weaker.
    I don't get this when i do pulling exercises, or legs, or arms. Just pushing exercises.

Anyways, let me just give an example.
    My first exercise on chest day is incline dumbell bench. I do no cardio before so it's not like I'm tired coming in. I only do chest once a week, so it's not overtraining chest.
    Anyways, right now, I can do 75lbs dumbells incline for 10 reps. The thing is, i can only do it for one set.
    The next set, i do like 6. Then the last two sets, I'm lucky to do 3 or 4.
    I wait about 90 to 120 seconds between sets.

I know you will say it's weight related and yes, it is. If i drop down to 65 for example, i can do 4 sets of 10. But that's because it's easy.
    So is this normal? Am i supposed to get that much weaker, or is something wrong? (nutrition, lack of endurance, etc.)

And by the way, this happens with pushups. (I do pushups sometimes)
    The first set i do like 30, then i wait a minute and i struggle to do 20, even though it's bodyweight pushups. Third set i can barely do 15.

So, help me out. Give me your opinions/ thoughts.

LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rest longer between sets.

/thread
    "Nice TAPOUT shirt, you must kick so much ass."

President/CEO: The People's Coalition Against Gym Hissing
    Chairman: Advocates for the Dissolution of the Flat-Brimmed Ballcap Fad

S: 325
    B: 285
    D: 405

CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fap less/ thread
    Son of Zeus, brother of Hercules, and father of aesthetics

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**
    Look up my thread "Miscers in NY"

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***
    ***Misc Photography Crew***

APOLL0 is just really nice. (+1000) APOLL0 is just really nice. (+1000) APOLL0 is just really nice. (+1000) APOLL0 is just really nice. (+1000) APOLL0 is just really nice. (+1000) APOLL0 is just really nice. (+1000) APOLL0 is just really nice. (+1000) APOLL0 is just really nice. (+1000) APOLL0 is just really nice. (+1000) APOLL0 is just really nice. (+1000) APOLL0 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eat more carbs like 2-3 hours before your workout if you're not sticking by any real diet. Personally i go for brown pasta. Srs helps with tiredness brah.

stay safe bro and good luck.
    You guys are cool. I am cool. We have things in common.

Ma. (Hons) Sickkent and Aesthetics Dual masters Graduate. from University of Shred.

*never negged anyone ever crew*
    *Ygritte crew*
    ***Black Knight Master Race Crew***

A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Munk3y will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LPAthickness View Post
    Rest longer between sets.

/thread
    isn't resting too long bad? Or is that broscience?
    Originally Posted by CarlitosBX View Post
    Fap less/ thread
    that must be it.......
    Originally Posted by APOLL0 View Post
    Eat more carbs like 2-3 hours before your workout if you're not sticking by any real diet. Personally i go for brown pasta. Srs helps with tiredness brah.

stay safe bro and good luck.
    hmmm haven't thought of that. I usually workout an hour or so after i wake up and usually just eat a small sandwich (not a breakfast person at all).
    Might be that. Gonna try eating carbs earlier and working out a little later after waking up.

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Try resting for 3 minutes between sets, that's not too long and I bet you'll get 10-8-6 if you do that.

If not, then you could have a weak muscle in the chain somewhere that's giving out.

geexxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) geexxz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sounds like your blood sugar level is dipping too low, causing the tiredness. As suggested, eat some carbs before you hit the gym, something like oats or brown pasta. Low GI (ish) stuff that won't spike your blood sugar too much, but will provide energy for a few hours.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you can't fix it with proper diet or modifying your lifting approach, you may want to look into a pre-workout or something like coffee. I don't use PWO everyday, but there are certain days where that extra push helps.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by A_Munk3y View Post
    I only do chest once a week, so it's not overtraining chest.
    Whoever told you that you should work each muscle once a week was misinformed. You'd most likely progress in strength and size better if you hit each muscle a couple of times a week.

I wait about 90 to 120 seconds between sets.
    That'll be it. Rest longer, or don't push yourself as hard in your first set.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Cool. Appreciate all the help/ input guy. Measly reps around

MTTS88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTTS88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTTS88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTTS88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTTS88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTTS88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTTS88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTTS88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTTS88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTTS88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTTS88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Too short on the rest for sure.

As to getting weaker after your frist set? I don't think that's the case. I usually do on squats 10-8-8-6 for sets. 6 being my heaviest. In most cases I find my first set hard, as I'm warming up. Set 2 is fun as I'm loosened up. Set 3 feels good, but feeling heavy. Finally, set 4 is heavy as **** but feels amazing and is short enough to be over before I fail (usually).

Check the diet, look into longer rest and if you're not doing so, bring a water bottle and drink between sets. I usually drink 2-3 liters of water when lifting.

CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If I fap 5x a day I feel like chit once I get to the gym srs lol
    Son of Zeus, brother of Hercules, and father of aesthetics

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**
    Look up my thread "Miscers in NY"

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***
    ***Misc Photography Crew***

LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keeping rest periods to a minimum is kind of a misnomer. I'm not sure why so many people are trying to rush their way through their workout. Rest long enough to allow complete recovery, so you can get your reps. More reps = more total weight lifted. More total weight lifted = more gains.

Ditto on the carbs, too. You must fuel your body if you expect it to perform at a high level.
    "Nice TAPOUT shirt, you must kick so much ass."

President/CEO: The People's Coalition Against Gym Hissing
    Chairman: Advocates for the Dissolution of the Flat-Brimmed Ballcap Fad

S: 325
    B: 285
    D: 405

Chalky13 is not very well liked. (-100) Chalky13 is not very well liked. (-100) Chalky13 is not very well liked. (-100) Chalky13 is not very well liked. (-100) Chalky13 is not very well liked. (-100) Chalky13 is not very well liked. (-100) Chalky13 is not very well liked. (-100) Chalky13 is not very well liked. (-100) Chalky13 is not very well liked. (-100) Chalky13 is not very well liked. (-100) Chalky13 is not very well liked. (-100)
    A_Munk3Y, You didn't mention how long you're resting between sets except for the one-minute for pushups. Try increasing your rests between sets. Also, your nightly sleep, daily stress, and diet can affect your energy level. You're in your 20s, so age isn't the issue. With the heavy workouts, you need more carbs, and you should try energy foods: http://healthybodyguru.com/these-eight-are-great/. Keep up the good work, and good luck with recharging as you progress.