tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000)

Basketball players

I started playing basketball 4-5 times a week. Usually basketball lasts 45 minutes and I am able to get a couple games in. Sundays I play for 2 hours non stop.
    I usually do some weight training 3 days a week.

After a couple weeks of this I felt run down. I most likely am not eating enough calories for being so active everyday and only getting about 6 hours of sleep a night.

I wanted to know what techniques for basketball recovery you all use? Currently I take warm baths, foam roll a lot, and probably dont static stretch enough. I have been eating more and sleeping more which seems to help, but there are many people who lift and play basketball as much or more than me so I feel like I just dont recover well.

I posted thus specifically for basketball recovery and strength training tips but most recovery. I have lifted since i was 13 and recovered with no issues. Basketball is different. Any advice, links etc will be appreciated. Reps for particularly good help.

Basketball is such a great, fun aerobic workout but I need to recover better!
    NSCA-CPT

ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tentex87 View Post
    I started playing basketball 4-5 times a week. Usually basketball lasts 45 minutes and I am able to get a couple games in. Sundays I play for 2 hours non stop.
    I usually do some weight training 3 days a week.

After a couple weeks of this I felt run down. I most likely am not eating enough calories for being so active everyday and only getting about 6 hours of sleep a night.

I wanted to know what techniques for basketball recovery you all use? Currently I take warm baths, foam roll a lot, and probably dont static stretch enough. I have been eating more and sleeping more which seems to help, but there are many people who lift and play basketball as much or more than me so I feel like I just dont recover well.

I posted thus specifically for basketball recovery and strength training tips but most recovery. I have lifted since i was 13 and recovered with no issues. Basketball is different. Any advice, links etc will be appreciated. Reps for particularly good help.

Basketball is such a great, fun aerobic workout but I need to recover better!
    It will take time to increase your ability to recover. If im not mistaken, you went from not playing at all to playing most every day. It should not come as any suprise that you are not recovering quickly. My suggestions are

Keep foam rolling most every day (5 times a week)

Dont ice bath unless you are VERY fatigured. Prolonged use has show (it has been suggested) to have negative effects (i know this is controversal, but I personally only use it a MAX of 1 time a week after a very intense lifting session)

Stay very well hydrated

Check your Macros to ensure they are in check (nutrition forums)

Keep training and be patient.
    Estimated 1Rep Max at ~204lbs

Squat 370lb (1.71xBW)
    Deadlift 470lb (2.30xBW)
    Bench 265lb (1.30xBW)

-bk

Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have to work up to that level of intense basketball. Meaning, you probably need to cut back on hours and then work your way up. There are people who train and play basketball more hours than you and can recover but it took them time for their bodies to be able to handle all of that training and still be able to recover from all of it. I used to play basketball every day for hours but I didn't do it suddenly, I worked my way up. I started with three days a week, then 4 days a week, so on and so forth. I used to ice my knees a lot and I ate a lot of carbs and drank a lot of water. Hope that helps.
    Do you want to improve your jumping ability and add inches to your vertical jump?
    Go here to check out this FREE ebook that will show you how!

=> http://www.verticaljumpprime.com

Stinnon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinnon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinnon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinnon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinnon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Take it slow and give your body some breaks in between days if possible.