dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

alternative to dumbell shoulder press

I wanted to do either smith machine shoulder presses or regular military presses as an alternative to dumbell presses. How far should I lower the bar when doing these. Thanks.

BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Go with barbell Military press. Some people like to lower the bar to their chin, some people like to lower it to right above their chest. I go to a little bit lower than my chin when using a barbell...
    I'm back. For good.

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by BigTraps
    Go with barbell Military press. Some people like to lower the bar to their chin, some people like to lower it to right above their chest. I go to a little bit lower than my chin when using a barbell...
    or behind the neck press is my personal favorite for shoulders (if you can handle it), the tendency with military press is to slant your back to work the upper pecs and lift heavier, but I know everyone will jump on me for that one

check this sonofabitch, he only has a spotter behind him! not even a place to rack the bar, wow
    Attached Images
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a natural tendency to lean backwards when I do standing military presses. As a result, I have to make a conscious effort to keep myself standing as straight as possible. And this is actually a good thing, as it forces me to concentrate on form.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    military; as low as you're comfortable going (take an empty bar and see; different people are comfortable at different depths)
    Booo

Lateral Raise Promoter RippedGuitarist's Avatar
    RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by SYRIANKID
    or behind the neck press is my personal favorite for shoulders (if you can handle it), the tendency with military press is to slant your back to work the upper pecs and lift heavier, but I know everyone will jump on me for that one

check this sonofabitch, he only has a spotter behind him! not even a place to rack the bar, wow
    Actually I agree with you man. I love Behind the Neck Press. I don't think there's a problem with it if you use good form.

I only go down to where Nasser is in that pic, just to be safe.

I personally think upright rows are harder on the joints but thats just me.

SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    rofl, wtf is nasser wearing?

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

I`d say both bb and db presses are effective , use the most confiortable one for you and go down for a full strech at the bottom , half press is no press at all .........

dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dav350z has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Smile

Ya I ended up going with the millitary presses to the front and brought them down to my chin. I separated my shoulder last year by going too heavy with weights so I've tried to watch my form on shoulder presses. Anyway, the presses went well, felt it more on one side on the first one, but had better concentration on the last two sets and evened them out. Thanks for the advice.

banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250) banned has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

The weight he is using for his behind the neck press is way more than what I can bench.
    There are no good and bad; no right and wrong. There were effective actions and ineffective actions, socially acceptable and unacceptable behaviour, wise and stupid decisions to be made. But if you wanted to achieve maximum sefl-realisation, you had to understand that any choice you made was entirely value neutral. Morality was a primitive concept, useful in earlier stages of societal evolution, perhaps, but without relevance in the modern age.