Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

ab straps for pull up bar

these are cheap, but are they worth it? i used to like using these for leg lifts and knee lifts when i did abs after each workout. i'm restarting exercising and want to look for some good ab exercises to incorporate. these are an option. obviously most ab exercises don't even need equipment. so should i just do other exercises like crunches, vacuums, pilates 100's, and planks and just ignore the straps? or do you think that straps offer access to an exercise/muscle group that should be part of a basic 3 day/full body routine

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    these are cheap, but are they worth it? i used to like using these for leg lifts and knee lifts when i did abs after each workout. i'm restarting exercising and want to look for some good ab exercises to incorporate. these are an option. obviously most ab exercises don't even need equipment. so should i just do other exercises like crunches, vacuums, pilates 100's, and planks and just ignore the straps? or do you think that straps offer access to an exercise/muscle group that should be part of a basic 3 day/full body routine
    Why not just hang from the pullup bar by your arms and do them?
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    Why not just hang from the pullup bar by your arms and do them?
    omg that would require so much effort and energy!

seriously though i'm not sure i could comfortably hold myself up long enough to work my abs as long as i would want to.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have the ab straps with the carabiner that snaps around the pull-up bar I like them.

I think they are good for doing abs (crunches/leg raises) yeah you can just hang from your hands, but Im 230 its kind of heavy I dont know how long I could hold for LOL, vs the abs staps. Maybe I will try next time.

Id go ahead and get them, I like them...you mentioned 3 day full body so just do the leg raises every 2nd day at the end.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have some and think they're worth the $20 or whatever they cost. Like said above, I can hang from those a lot longer than I can hang from my pull-up bar. Regardless, I hardly ever use them. Try loading your bar up with as much weight as you can in a front squat position. Un-rack the weight and just hold for twenty seconds. Re-rack, rest and repeat. These along with rollouts (use an oly. bar and 2 45's like an "ab-wheel") have been blasting my core.
    I am going to die under a heavy barbell one day and it's going to be f*cking awesome--HamburgerTrain

()---() York Barbell Club #36 ()---()
    ***Knee Dragger Unite***
    ***ShowerBEER Crew***
    ***Viking Crew***

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    I have the ab straps with the carabiner that snaps around the pull-up bar I like them.

I think they are good for doing abs (crunches/leg raises) yeah you can just hang from your hands, but Im 230 its kind of heavy I dont know how long I could hold for LOL, vs the abs staps. Maybe I will try next time.

Id go ahead and get them, I like them...you mentioned 3 day full body so just do the leg raises every 2nd day at the end.
    regardless of if i get the straps or not, do you mean i should do my abs every 2nd work out or after every workout.

DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the EFS black ones and they work well for me. I can hang much longer with the ab straps that I could just hanging from my hands alone.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    regardless of if i get the straps or not, do you mean i should do my abs every 2nd work out or after every workout.
    I mean:

A
    B+leg raise
    A
    B+leg raise
    A
    B+leg raise

Thats just my opinion...
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    I mean:

A
    B+leg raise
    A
    B+leg raise
    A
    B+leg raise

Thats just my opinion...
    with this schedule i'll work abs 3 times in 2 weeks. since this is an exercise i don't plan to do with weight, is there a reason not to do it following every workout? or should i be getting some ankle weights or something?

deeAvi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deeAvi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deeAvi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deeAvi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deeAvi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deeAvi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deeAvi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deeAvi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deeAvi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deeAvi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deeAvi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not worth the $

only ab exercises worth doing IMO

stomach vaccum
    and planking