adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Good or pointless?

I see people from time to time going for light weights with much sets / repetitions. So, if they train their shoulders 4 times a month, they'd go 3 times with heavy weights with 3 sets x 8 or 10 and once with light weights. Is this really done to stimulate / increase blood supply to shoulders or what's the point of it? Is it even right or pointless?

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Could be maybe they mix in a deload week every few weeks but generally I consider low weight and high reps pointless. If there's a specific reason to it then I'm not sure what it is.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrikstalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    But why do many people train based upon this principle of light weights and high reps? And what does it generally target? Mass gain, strength and endurance, or lose of fat at specific targeted areas?

Originally Posted by j1akey View Post
    Could be maybe they mix in a deload week every few weeks but generally I consider low weight and high reps pointless. If there's a specific reason to it then I'm not sure what it is.

Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When you say high reps, how many are we talking?

Anyway, you are referring to deloading. More: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1391461&page=1

Stop Hating Start Lifting zakatak333's Avatar
    zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IMO 3 x 8 or 3 x 10 isn't too heavy

but occasionally training with the high reps 15+ is gonna help... its good to change things up every once in a while, provide a different stimulus. then again, any lifting is better than none

EDIT:

Originally Posted by adrikstalin View Post
    But why do many people train based upon this principle of light weights and high reps? And what does it generally target? Mass gain, strength and endurance, or lose of fat at specific targeted areas?
    the higher the reps, the more endurance is involved. the heavier the percentage of maximal load, the more strength is involved
    Last edited by zakatak333; 05-08-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    The muscles i value most are the ones directly surrounding the spine, the hips, the scapula, the femur and the tibia... in that order.

Basically the whole body minus chest and biceps... pretty much the opposite of what your local gym looks like on a typical Monday.

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by adrikstalin View Post
    Many people do things because they don't know any better. When I walk into the gym every day there's a huge line of women that wait for the Zumba class to start, they never lose any weight or look any better but they do it over and over again because they thing Zumba is what's going to make them fit and trim. I also see fat people doing endless sets of wrist curls and tricep extensions as if those things will help them get lean. People do all kinds of stupid **** for stupid reasons, mostly because they don't actually think about what they're doing in the first place. They just do what they're told in the latest issue of whatever magazine they're reading which is usually crap.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

BigBeefMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBeefMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBeefMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBeefMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBeefMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBeefMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBeefMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBeefMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBeefMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBeefMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBeefMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love lifting heavy but I do High reps light weight (with more time under tension) once in awhile also. I do it to give myself a break from all the heavy lifting and to focus more on form. It would kill my body to go heavy none stop man need a break once in awhile.
    Current PR's
    Decline Bench 365 lbs x 7
    Squat 455 lbs x 5
    Dead Lift 545 lbs x 1

My Youtube channel - Subscribe!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/bigbeefmuscle