ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What's wrong with my bench press?

I am a beginner and have about 20% bf but i am on a bulk after cutting 25kg because I am skinny fat.

I am doing something very similar to SL5X5

Squat 5x5
    Bench 5x5
    OHP 5X5
    Bent Over Row 5X5 - Substituted with Deadlift 1x5 in alternate workout days
    A tri/bicep isolation
    Inclined DB press
    Calf Raises
    Rear Delt isolation
    Lat pulldown

Doing these 3x weekly and sometimes I skip some of the isolation/ accessory exercises when i am going for a new weight in the main lifts

The only reason I add a inclined DB chest press is because I feel nothing on my chest during bench press. My arms are pretty much giving up but nothing is felt on the chest. I have tried different grip variations and I am currently using my standard slightly wider than shoulder width grip.

I am also feeling a lot of balance problems with the bench and always feel one side is doing more work. I also sometimes break the tightness in my body I have noticed.

So far my bench has gone from 47.5kg to 57.5kg in a month but that's not as much as my other presses. When I do the other exercises I can feel the targeted muscle like hell but nothing in bench. Size wise I have noticed growth in my arm, shoulder and quads but my chest has not grown at all (could this be because i am carrying fat in chest and belly that i cant see the progress?)

misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ivxenz View Post
    I am a beginner and have about 20% bf but i am on a bulk after cutting 25kg because I am skinny fat.

I am doing something very similar to SL5X5

Squat 5x5
    Bench 5x5
    OHP 5X5
    Bent Over Row 5X5 - Substituted with Deadlift 1x5 in alternate workout days
    A tri/bicep isolation
    Inclined DB press
    Calf Raises
    Rear Delt isolation
    Lat pulldown

Doing these 3x weekly and sometimes I skip some of the isolation/ accessory exercises when i am going for a new weight in the main lifts

The only reason I add a inclined DB chest press is because I feel nothing on my chest during bench press. My arms are pretty much giving up but nothing is felt on the chest. I have tried different grip variations and I am currently using my standard slightly wider than shoulder width grip.

I am also feeling a lot of balance problems with the bench and always feel one side is doing more work. I also sometimes break the tightness in my body I have noticed.

So far my bench has gone from 47.5kg to 57.5kg in a month but that's not as much as my other presses. When I do the other exercises I can feel the targeted muscle like hell but nothing in bench. Size wise I have noticed growth in my arm, shoulder and quads but my chest has not grown at all (could this be because i am carrying fat in chest and belly that i cant see the progress?)
    Sounds like you may need to video yourself and analyze your form. Don't be too proud to drop the weight and come back up. Form over ego, my friend

You may want to post the video up for analysis on here or get a good trainer as well.

LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by misfit28 View Post
    Sounds like you may need to video yourself and analyze your form. Don't be too proud to drop the weight and come back up. Form over ego, my friend

You may want to post the video up for analysis on here or get a good trainer as well.
    This. A video will speak a lot as to what you might be doing wrong (or doing right).

So long as your form is good and you're getting full range of motion, weight is irrelevant.
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    - bulldog

ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks guys i will post it up soon