jerseyscottie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Non Stimulant fat burner with ssri and benzo.

I've been a long time lurker but decided to join up finally. I've been on zoloft and klonopin for a good 6 - 7 years. I've tried many times to come off but it ends in a train wreck of relapse. I'm on them for depression, anxiety and panic. The past few months I started working out again and hit the gym a good 5 days per week. I've been taking whey isolate and just recently started up on creatine monohydrate. I'm happy with the results I am getting in my arms, shoulders, legs etc but I have some belly fat I would love to get rid of that has been there thanks to the zoloft. I am 6'3" and 222lbs at 29 years old. I would love to be able to shred that belly fat but it seems no matter how hard I go and how great I eat, it seems to tone up but simply want something to help that along. I was looking at Universal Nutrition Fat Burners for some non stimulant shredding but wish to seek answers before I purchase it. Pretty much can't take caffeine, 5HTP supps or anything MAOI inhibitors thanks to the meds. Also, my diet is based on 2200 calories per day. Thank you.

MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jerseyscottie View Post
    I've been a long time lurker but decided to join up finally. I've been on zoloft and klonopin for a good 6 - 7 years. I've tried many times to come off but it ends in a train wreck of relapse. I'm on them for depression, anxiety and panic. The past few months I started working out again and hit the gym a good 5 days per week. I've been taking whey isolate and just recently started up on creatine monohydrate. I'm happy with the results I am getting in my arms, shoulders, legs etc but I have some belly fat I would love to get rid of that has been there thanks to the zoloft. I am 6'3" and 222lbs at 29 years old. I would love to be able to shred that belly fat but it seems no matter how hard I go and how great I eat, it seems to tone up but simply want something to help that along. I was looking at Universal Nutrition Fat Burners for some non stimulant shredding but wish to seek answers before I purchase it. Pretty much can't take caffeine, 5HTP supps or anything MAOI inhibitors thanks to the meds. Also, my diet is based on 2200 calories per day. Thank you.
    Well first of call congrats on getting things under control and being able to hit the gym consistently.
    I suffer with anxiety/panic and depression as well. I was also taking Klonopin and an antidepressant several years ago.
    Overall I wouldn't really recommend a fat burner or stimulants in your case. Mixing these meds with a strong stimulant could cause a bad interaction as you've noted. Even if you are taking something mild you may get a panic reaction.

Your best bet would be to check out this thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    Make sure that you are accurately calculating/tracking your caloric and macro needs.

Also it is important to note that the fat you lose will be overall, you can't really target one area like your stomach.
    The one thing you could do is tweak your exercise routine to make it a bit more intense. Perhaps follow a premade one such as Madcow 5x5 with cardio on the off days.
    Best of luck.

Thank you very much! I'll definitely give that link a look and check out the madcow 5x5!

Big is out, Greek is in Outside backer's Avatar
    Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Holy mary of god, you are on some powerful stuff.

Im not sure id mess with anything other than regualted food intake.

at best non stim based you could look at Lean Xtreme by DS sports or Ergobolic by Ergogenix. But with the compounds you are on id ask the Dr first to make sure none of the ingredients/ herbs would affect the MOA on your scripts

good luck buddy

skywizard will become famous soon enough. (+50) skywizard will become famous soon enough. (+50) skywizard will become famous soon enough. (+50) skywizard will become famous soon enough. (+50) skywizard will become famous soon enough. (+50) skywizard will become famous soon enough. (+50) skywizard will become famous soon enough. (+50) skywizard will become famous soon enough. (+50) skywizard will become famous soon enough. (+50) skywizard will become famous soon enough. (+50) skywizard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What about taking CLA for a couple of months? People say it targets the stomach area for fat loss.

Registered User vegravelsesnatt's Avatar
    vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegravelsesnatt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You could run CLA. The big thing with an SSRI is to NOT combine anything with yohimbine/alpha-yohimbine on top of it, or it will cause nausea and other side effects due to being an MAOI.

A lot of non-stim fat burners are throwing alpha-yohimbine (aka rauwolscine, rauwolfina, etc) into their producst because they dont give much if any stimulation. As long as those ingredients arent in the product I would say you're safe to take whatever.

haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would look potentially at Burn 24, Lean Xtreme, or perhaps a Sesamin/CLA/Fish Oil Stack. Keep in mind that CLA should be dosed 4+ grams to be effective, and I would opt for much higher than that if possible (6-10 grams). Go with Tonalin CLA if you try this.

No matter what your diet will be the biggest factor. If you choose to supplement with anything, please run it by your doctor first to verify it is okay to use.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT
    Currently Pursuing A Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree

thanks for the advice guys! sorry it took me a while to get back to all of you, been mobbed with stuff the past week.

outsidebacker: eh they whey and the creatine monohydrate really don't bother me. I'm always sure to run things by my doc before taking it.

nwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry to revive, I have been looking at Burn24 along with Zoloft. Did you end up choosing anything? How did it work out?

xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by skywizard View Post
    What about taking CLA for a couple of months? People say it targets the stomach area for fat loss.
    CLA helped me only after 3 months of use.
    You'd need to continue using it to lose some stubborn fat.

Some people take it for 2 weeks and assume it doesn't work, then they make a bad review about it.
    "Hey, I've taken it for 2 weeks and didn't notice any change in my weight".