ashtoncamry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Just A Very Simple Question!!! Please answer it!! DO NOT BE SELFISH GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Hi ,

I am a brand-new bodybuilder (never lifted weights on my life).

my question is if you Guys think that I'd be much better to start off with a STRENGTH routine program such as Rippetoe's SS , and AFTER 1 year or 8

months(after learning the proper way of doing the basic lifts and having decent lifting stats) switch to a BODYBUILDING/HYPERTROPHY routine such as all pro's or jasondb's ?

My goal is towards BODYBUILDING/HYPERTROPHY (AESTHETICS)

PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    jason db's MIGHT be a little too hard right at the beginning, but you could switch to it after just a couple months, you don't need to wait 8 months or a year (it is a novice program after all)

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    From http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150807033 -

"StrongLifts 5x5 - My take: As you can see from the pros and cons it has some of each of the first two programs. It shares the core lifts and their sets/reps with Ice Cream, and the simplicity of SS. This makes it great as a transition to the Ice Cream Fitness routine. You could even add the assistance lifts one by one as you need them until you are doing JasonDB's routine entirely. On the other hand, it's also scalable to less volume. If you find recovery is an issue, you can drop to sets of 4x5 and then to 3x5, making it SS without power cleans. Rows are a better overall upper back builder, power cleans help to build explosiveness for a stronger deadlift. Really an either or based on goals. And, as with SS, if you want to add the assistance and it won't detract from the core lifts, just add it. No big deal."