Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100)

Unhappy Depression hitting me hard

Here I am smoking a cigarette on break at work. I feel as if I'm getting depressed again. I'm pretty sure the reason I am is cuz of my ex too. We dated for 4 and a half months which I know isn't long. I swear she was my first love and I'm still not close to being over her after 7 months of being broken up. I have been fine since I started lifting in December and haven't been too depressed about it or anything and was dieting perfect and everything.

I got sick last week with food poisoning and I felt like **** for 2 days and then I felt better yesterday and I could eat again. Today I feel like **** again and can't eat. Whenever I try to eat I feel like I'm gonna puke it all up while I am eating it which is exactly how I felt after me and my ex broke up. I'm tired and exhausted all the time. I couldn't eat at all while I was sick either. Now over the past 4 days I've only have roughly 5000 calories or so. I've been eating 3300 calories a day for the past 2 months prior and I was gaining fine. Now this **** happens.

What should I do? Do you think it's depression or could I still be sick? Thanks

E92MPOWER has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) E92MPOWER has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Doctorslim View Post
    Here I am smoking a cigarette on break at work. I feel as if I'm getting depressed again. I'm pretty sure the reason I am is cuz of my ex too. We dated for 4 and a half months which I know isn't long. I swear she was my first love and I'm still not close to being over her after 7 months of being broken up. I have been fine since I started lifting in December and haven't been too depressed about it or anything and was dieting perfect and everything.

I got sick last week with food poisoning and I felt like **** for 2 days and then I felt better yesterday and I could eat again. Today I feel like **** again and can't eat. Whenever I try to eat I feel like I'm gonna puke it all up while I am eating it which is exactly how I felt after me and my ex broke up. I'm tired and exhausted all the time. I couldn't eat at all while I was sick either. Now over the past 4 days I've only have roughly 5000 calories or so. I've been eating 3300 calories a day for the past 2 months prior and I was gaining fine. Now this **** happens.

hey bro I know the feel... My ex broke up with me last month and I swear she was the perfect girl so me. Honestly though I know what you are feeling you are probably just jealous that she will find another guy and that will make you hurt even more. Just **** her bro, get shredded and make her jealous. I was in a bad depression too couple weeks ago considered the worst but **** it bro. Summer is coming up get shredded and **** as many bitches as you can. Girls are stupid and no point of relationships at a young age. **** em and use em (Y)
    ///M

sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depression can do weird things to the body. The best thing you can do (if you really are suffering depression) is fix yourself mentally first.
    Bench: 235
    Squat: 365
    Deadlift: 425

Log V2.0: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150736853

Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    depression is a option, but its all about your mindset. put yourself first in almost all situations, never put your happiness into somebody else. thats how you **** yourself up. realise happiness is a choice/option. it is always available. realise priorities in life. keep lifting, itll take your mind off things, blast music. live life in the moment, dont waste time while your at the gym, school, work anywhere, throw the trash out that doesn't need to be there and do whats important at the time. keep it safe man, goodluck
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133625481
    log^

Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100) Doctorslim is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Stunted View Post
    depression is a option, but its all about your mindset. put yourself first in almost all situations, never put your happiness into somebody else. thats how you **** yourself up. realise happiness is a choice/option. it is always available. realise priorities in life. keep lifting, itll take your mind off things, blast music. live life in the moment, dont waste time while your at the gym, school, work anywhere, throw the trash out that doesn't need to be there and do whats important at the time. keep it safe man, goodluck
    I swear I've always tried this but my mindset just doesn't change like that at all. My mind just goes straight back how it used to be before I try this and I don't know what to do

xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What you're describing is depression + panic attacks.
    It'll never go away fully IF you don't treat it with a psychiatrist.
    Visit your local doctor and ask him or her to set you an appointment for the nearest psychiatrist.
    The psychiatrist might give you depression pills, they're a cure.

HollyEaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollyEaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollyEaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollyEaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollyEaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollyEaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollyEaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollyEaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollyEaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollyEaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollyEaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time. Just try to do things that take your mind off it, if possible. Do stuff that makes you happy, and if nothing currently makes you happy, find something. Even if you think you can't do it, fake it until you make it. Keep positive, do lots of cardio, feel the bottoms of your shoes hit the pavement just a little bit harder, lift a bit more, sleep, and be social. You'll get through it, I know it.

Originally Posted by HollyEaster View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time. Just try to do things that take your mind off it, if possible. Do stuff that makes you happy, and if nothing currently makes you happy, find something. Even if you think you can't do it, fake it until you make it. Keep positive, do lots of cardio, feel the bottoms of your shoes hit the pavement just a little bit harder, lift a bit more, sleep, and be social. You'll get through it, I know it.
    Well I'm losing motivation lift because whats the point on if I can't eat and not gonna be gaining at all?

timothy66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timothy66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timothy66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timothy66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timothy66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timothy66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timothy66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timothy66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timothy66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timothy66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timothy66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Stunted View Post
    I know you mean well mate but you clearly don't understand / have depression if you think its a "choice". I work with patients who have depression and trust me it isn't a choice. You're right though that the environment and how you see the world with depression makes a huge difference and can make you feel a lot better, yet TRUE depression can't just be solved by pure will and a change of scenery
    Short term goal - Become a Doctor / Bench 120kg

Long term goal - Use the pay from being a Doctor to win Mr Olympia

Long Long term goal - Find out why long term goals never work

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Talk to a therapist, this is an internet forum for recreational lifters to talk about lifting. Not your own personal depression issues.

bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Depression is a bitch, brah. The best thing you can do is be honest with yourself on what is causing the issue and address it. Stop smoking and get into the gym (if you already aren't)! It's a great way to get out some negative energy and a lot of positive can come from it. You build on that and each day gets better.

Head up brother. Things can always ALWAYS be worse. You have to look at the positives and focus on them.
    678/424/700 - USPA Raw International Elite 220

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Talk to a therapist, this is an internet forum for recreational lifters to talk about lifting. Not your own personal depression issues.
    I know but I went here to see what I should do in terms of bodybuilding still with not being able to eat too well

Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tell me about it I swear you can't trust btches. I wasn't with mine long either but that sht messes with your head! Remember you're better than them and try to get someone even better that wont fck your mind up, jealousy is a powerful thing. Try to help your depression with not being alone a lot and get out with friends. I'm staying single for a while I just like fckin sloots to help me forget, but hit the gym hard and it will pay off with stopping depression and gettin you more sloots!

Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amirecan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh yeah and stop smoking. Dip is much much better.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I know but I went here to see what I should do in terms of bodybuilding still with not being able to eat too well
    And what do you think we're all going to say?

Eat.Despite what depression you may be experiencing. You should never neglect your physical health/well being.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    And what do you think we're all going to say?

Eat.Despite what depression you may be experiencing. You should never neglect your physical health/well being.
    I try to eat but I can't. When I eat after a few bites I feel like I'm gonna throw up if I keep eating. Then if I try to go past that I start to gag. I found out I can stomach some things like popcorn and yogurt. I managed to keep down a protein shake this morning too

i like marshmallow DJaRiHardstyle's Avatar
    DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000)

You bring up a good point a lotta people miss; depression doesn't mean that no matter what, you're down and hopeless about life.. it could be situational. There's nothing weak or "un-manly" about feeling this way after a break up, even after that long. 4 and a half months is certainly enough time to share some good memories together, so I can totally understand how tough it is. I've been dating my girlfriend for a year and a half and I'd be devastasted if we broke up, it's normal.

I'd say this depression is a little more serious than you're putting it though; food poisoning is food poisoning.. it comes and goes. Feeling that depressed, on the other hand, is not something to ignore. Find someone you feel comfortable talking to. If it doesn't get better, seeing a therapist isn't a terrible option.
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com
    Never sensational. Always real.

Currently just coming off of a show; follow my offseason log:
    Mindfulness, Mastery, and Muscle - DJaRiHardstyle's Offseason Mission
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172199513&pagenumber=

Chillionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chillionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chillionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chillionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chillionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chillionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chillionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chillionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chillionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chillionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chillionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm with you. I'm still too ashamed to talk to anyone in person about my depression. I've been like this for 7-8 months. Pure hell and agony.

Do as I say, not as I do. Get help. Stick with friends, but seek professional help as well. I'm in a position where I don't have any close friends (that aren't totally beta) to really talk to about my issues. It's unfortunate for me because this is not a time I'm energized to make new friends; and it sucks even more cause my crush has been eyeing me since my depression began and I can't bring myself to talk to her. I have more to say, but it's too much irrelevance to OP. This is really hurtful to my 'friends', but I really wish I had a bro-bond with people I actually enjoyed being around; think of guys in sports teams, I want that.

Goodluck.

I'm trying to change my mindset with eating. Parents made some steak an peas and I ate quite a bit of them both. We'll see how I feel in an hour or so

Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stunted is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    watch the movie "the peaceful warrior"
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133625481
    log^

Registered User UFakinJooocyCuz's Avatar
    UFakinJooocyCuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

At the age of 15 1/2 I started lifting at my local gym. After a bout a year I took things seriously, I ate right (clean calories for bulking and cutting) and got myself to 75kgs, 5ft9 at age 17 with 17.5 inch arms (genetics). This took me two years. Then in November 2012, I got a GI virus/Food Poisoning/whatever and I was sick for about a week. Now 6 months later I still can barely eat and the doctors have no clue what's wrong, I have no energy and am very depressed. I had hope of being a pro bodybuilder, and actually being able to enjoy my life, but now in 6 months I'm back to 58.5 kgs. I know how hard this is for all of you. I can't find motivations in anything, and I usually cry daily it's so bad. Just hang in there, and there's plenty of time to lift when your mental and physical health is perfect first.