Thread: wider squats

ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Smile wider squats

i like wider if it means heavier weights. should a raw lifter go wide, not super wide...???

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ptrmull View Post
    i like wider if it means heavier weights. should a raw lifter go wide, not super wide...???
    Why not?
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ptrmull View Post
    The answer is it depends on your flexibility as well as where you are squatting (rules of the fed). Did you see that IPF lifter (Danish or Swedish) last year with a super-wide ass squat and he got relighted on his first attempt? His stance was as wide or wider than in diagram B.

If you are lifting in one of those feds where high squats are passed, you can squat a couple of inches high and blame the camera angle or say depth can't be judged from the front etc.

corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I squat very wide whether raw or equipped. As long as it leads to heavier weights than why not do it IMO. Narrow stance my squat is atrocious yet with a wide stance I blow up decent weight. Hip pain is sometimes an issue for me but I ignore it in return for added weight. In all honesty it feels much more natural to me as opposed to a narrow stance where it feels like I'm all over the place. I squat a bit wider than a regular power rack. Hip whore FTW
    Florida Gulf Coast University Powerlifting

**MISC Strength Crew**
    **MISC Firearms Crew***
    **MISC Anti-*******ry Crew**
    ***Brings Pen and Paper to the Gym Crew***

1k+

SQUATZ AND OATZ

yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50) yololego will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how does someone squat that wide i cant even squat down like that with out extreme tightness in my adductor/groin area wth. is this a flexibility issue?if so what would be causing this tightness<>can we all squat like this?
    goal-160lbs

bf 10%

jwpowerlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwpowerlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwpowerlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwpowerlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwpowerlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwpowerlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwpowerlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwpowerlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwpowerlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwpowerlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwpowerlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A wide squat will build your closer squat but your closer wont build your wide that's what Louie Simmons said
    what i take from that is even if you don't squat in competition wide it would benefit you to train with a wider stance every now and then

if your looking for a permanent change choose a width that when your in the hole your knees are directly above your ankle
    (knees not caving in)

-good luck
    J. Wallace
    Nsca certified personal trainer

Best lifts single ply:
    Squat-gym 615-meet 565
    Bench-gym 465-meet 501
    Dead lift-gym 495-meet 451

1500 raw will be wrecked baxtej44's Avatar
    baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by yololego View Post
    how does someone squat that wide i cant even squat down like that with out extreme tightness in my adductor/groin area wth. is this a flexibility issue?if so what would be causing this tightness<>can we all squat like this?
    yes it is a lack of flexibility. most people have issues going super wide. most people also squat high to begin with. go to mobilitywod.com and check out some work you can do to increase hip flexibility

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jwpowerlifter View Post
    A wide squat will build your closer squat but your closer wont build your wide that's what Louie Simmons said
    I'd like to know what he bases this statement on.

scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
    I'd like to know what he bases this statement on.
    glute and hamstring versus quad
    gym lifts/competition lifts

squat ???/650
    bench 545/435
    deadlift 600/601

Penn State Powerlifting