Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

27.5% bf need help no experience

Hi this is my first post though I have been reading the forums for a few days. I recently took a health assessment at work. They told me my bf was 27.5%, how they figured that was they took my weight then had me hold up a device that sends a small electrical current thought my body. Here are my stats

Height: 6'0
    Weight: 250
    Body fat: 27.5%
    BMR : 2333

I plan to cut 500 calories from my diet by controlling what I eat. I eat out way to much and will start taking lunches to work and eating at home. I joined the gym a few weeks but I have no idea what am I doing and just use the machines. I really don't care about losing muscle mass since I really don't have any and just lifting wil make me stronger. What I really need help with is for someone to to direct me to a great beginners program on the site, like I said I have zero experience and would prefer machines based workouts till I can get stronger (I don't want tondropna weight on my face!) any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

Slickrocka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slickrocka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slickrocka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slickrocka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slickrocka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slickrocka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slickrocka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slickrocka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slickrocka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slickrocka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slickrocka is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Advantage30 View Post
    Hi this is my first post though I have been reading the forums for a few days. I recently took a health assessment at work. They told me my bf was 27.5%, how they figured that was they took my weight then had me hold up a device that sends a small electrical current thought my body. Here are my stats

Height: 6'0
    Weight: 250
    Body fat: 27.5%
    BMR : 2333

I plan to cut 500 calories from my diet by controlling what I eat. I eat out way to much and will start taking lunches to work and eating at home. I joined the gym a few weeks but I have no idea what am I doing and just use the machines. I really don't care about losing muscle mass since I really don't have any and just lifting wil make me stronger. What I really need help with is for someone to to direct me to a great beginners program on the site, like I said I have zero experience and would prefer machines based workouts till I can get stronger (I don't want tondropna weight on my face!) any help or advise is greatly appreciated.
    Read the stickies on here, but as long as you keep a healthy diet at a caloric deficit, as for workouts i suggest free weights if you want to see some real results. Check my fat loss log i got my entire workout from where i started in detail so far i have lost 62 pounds !

unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hate to break it to you, but you may have a significantly higher BF%. That method (impedence) is VERY in inaccurate.

Here is a visual assessment chart:

Started 2012 at over 410lbs (that was as high as my scale went) and I ended the year at 260lbs.

Still going strong while eating whatever I want - whenever I want; I just keep it to under 2000 calories a day.

TEAM IIFYC (if it fits your calories)

BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Welcome to the boards and to your new lifestyle. In business they call why you're doing right now the "discovery" phase. This is where you spend time reviewing various plans and methods to reach your goal and you came to the right place for finding said plans/methods. Next will be the "define" stage and so on and so forth.

We all started there and you'll learn that we all develop plans that we adjust as we gain experience using them and find what works best for our bodies.

Good luck man, I wish you well.

ledwards1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ledwards1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ledwards1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ledwards1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ledwards1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ledwards1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ledwards1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ledwards1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ledwards1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ledwards1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ledwards1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well you came to the right place. There is so much valuable information in the stickies, definitely make sure you read them thoroughly, and feel free to peruse the threads in here because you can pick up alot of other valuable information in there as well. Main thing you wanna take away from all this is CALORIC DEFICIT & MACROS. If you learn nothing else, as long as you got those 2 topics sorted out, you will lose weight. Of course along the way you'll learn about other things and you can get more advanced, just make sure you get a nice solid foundation with those 2.
    January 21, 2013 ---> 296
    June 24, 2013 ---> 233

Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Advantage30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by unleashthelion View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but you may have a significantly higher BF%. That method (impedence) is VERY in inaccurate.

]
    I'm right between 25-30% according to this, my arms don't look as strong my legs are very strong because of the 13 years I played soccer Friday when I worked my legs I press 360 3x12

What would be the most accurate method to finding BF%

I'm going to be running the noob guide part 2 as far as work outs go.

ManchesterBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ManchesterBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ManchesterBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ManchesterBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ManchesterBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ManchesterBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ManchesterBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ManchesterBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ManchesterBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ManchesterBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ManchesterBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you start running and it hurts your knees, then either do a fast walk or run on grass/treadmill.

Best way for BF calculation is with calipers, but you can buy a set of scales that tell you but they can be out 2-3% but will give you a ballpark figure.

Lifting weights will burn more calories over a few days because it will tear down the muscle, use calories when lifting and use calories to build muscle too. but diet will make you lose fat the quickest and having a calorie deficeit is called cutting. Have a look at the nutrition forums here and you should be able to do as much cardio as you want to at this point, every little helps

Goodluck bro take some before and after pictures!
    *Always Pick 4 Crew*
    *Yellow Fever Crew*
    *Snapped ACL, Patella reconstruction crew*
    *OFFICIAL Language Learning Crew*

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)

unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Advantage30 View Post
    I'm right between 25-30% according to this, my arms don't look as strong my legs are very strong because of the 13 years I played soccer Friday when I worked my legs I press 360 3x12

What would be the most accurate method to finding BF%

I'm going to be running the noob guide part 2 as far as work outs go.
    If that's the case, you must have pretty big numbers on squat, deadlift, bench press, etc. and an extremely solid base (about 182lbs of LBM).

Good luck!
    Started 2012 at over 410lbs (that was as high as my scale went) and I ended the year at 260lbs.

Still going strong while eating whatever I want - whenever I want; I just keep it to under 2000 calories a day.

TEAM IIFYC (if it fits your calories)

Originally Posted by ManchesterBrah View Post
    If you start running and it hurts your knees, then either do a fast walk or run on grass/treadmill.

Best way for BF calculation is with calipers, but you can buy a set of scales that tell you but they can be out 2-3% but will give you a ballpark figure.

Lifting weights will burn more calories over a few days because it will tear down the muscle, use calories when lifting and use calories to build muscle too. but diet will make you lose fat the quickest and having a calorie deficeit is called cutting. Have a look at the nutrition forums here and you should be able to do as much cardio as you want to at this point, every little helps

Goodluck bro take some before and after pictures!
    Thanks! I'm too embarrassed to post my before pics!

AndyLegacy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndyLegacy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndyLegacy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndyLegacy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndyLegacy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndyLegacy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndyLegacy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndyLegacy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndyLegacy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndyLegacy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndyLegacy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by unleashthelion View Post

how do you embed images brah?

and also i find those chart kinda unhelpful, they dont take into account how much muscle you got
    Lift heavy,pick up whales

Yankees11090 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankees11090 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankees11090 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankees11090 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankees11090 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankees11090 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankees11090 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankees11090 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankees11090 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankees11090 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankees11090 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Welcome to the boards man, im on a cut too. My biggest suggestion to you is get the "Myfitness Pal" app! this thing makes it a sinch to count your calories. It has a massive database thats constantly updated from all kinds of foods, including restauraunts, fastfood, etc...

Also, when i first came to the boards here i got extremely discouraged because i would read cutting threads that made it seem like it was the most complicated thing ever, but when in reality, the secret is...inorder to lose weight, you must eat below maint.

Thats it, isnt that great? Yes the macro nutrients are involoved, but they are for health reasons, not for cutting.

What are the best ways to jump start your metab? it doesnt matter. once you have what your maint is, thats the only thing that matters for losing weight.

Dont blow off your macros though because they are important to your health, but just remember they dont matter when losing weight.

I am no macro expert so i can not give much advise there. pretty much though im trying to hit .8g protein/ lean muscle mass fats .2g/lb carbs .9g/lb

Best of luck!
    Sucker for women in pjs while wearing glasses crew

jpugh2692 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpugh2692 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpugh2692 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpugh2692 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpugh2692 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpugh2692 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpugh2692 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpugh2692 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpugh2692 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpugh2692 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpugh2692 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im right there with u i had almost the same weight and height stats when i came here and april read stickies started lifting i have a slight advantage cause i used to lift so i know the exercises but the exercises forum is a wealth of information about lifting and those videos are great for getting the mechanics of a lift down and i know what u mean about the before photos i just did it as motivation of how embarrassed i am lol just by following iifym and not even too well considering i don't have a food scale yet im down 13 lbs since april good luck op i think hope to see you out pace me

MubarakShah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stickies will help but seems like you don't really care much about building muscle...maybe just focus on running and other cardio activities? Treadmill/elliptical? That'll help u drop your bodyfat pretty quick and then u can reevaluate your goals once you're back in a healthy weight zone

BHunter0506 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHunter0506 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHunter0506 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHunter0506 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHunter0506 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHunter0506 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHunter0506 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHunter0506 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHunter0506 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHunter0506 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHunter0506 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    love the chart, of course its not 100% accurate due to multiple variables but gives a decent idea of what body fat % looks like, repped