Registered User ScottishSpartan's Avatar
    ScottishSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScottishSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScottishSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScottishSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScottishSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScottishSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScottishSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScottishSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScottishSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScottishSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScottishSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Chest and Triceps wont grow!

My chest and tris wont grow! I eat about 4-5k calories a day, mostly whole grains, spinach and carrots, and chicken. Fruit periodically through out the day. So about 100-150 g of protein. I also drink about 1/2 gallon of 2% milk. I take a multi, fish oil, vit D, and whey. Here is my weekly workout. Any other info needed?
    Workout 1:
    Legs and Abs
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Squat 5 6–10
    Leg press 3 10–12
    Leg curl 4 10–12
    Leg extension – Calf Raise 3 5-7
    Ab crunch 3 15–20
    Leg raise 3 12–15
    Workout 2:
    Chest and Triceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Bench press 4 8–10
    Incline dumbbell flye 4 8–10
    Dumbbell flye 3 8–10
    Incline dumbell flye 3 8-10
    Dip 3 20
    Triceps dumbbell extension 3 8–10
    Triceps pressdown 3 10–12
    Single arm tricep pulls 3 6-8
    Workout 3:
    Back and Biceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Bent over rows 4 8–10
    Seated rows 4 8–10
    Pull Ups wide hand grip 4 6–10
    Preacher curl 3 8–10
    Hammer curl 3 8–10
    1/2 ROM curl 3 8–10
    Workout 4:
    Shoulders, Traps and Abs
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Military press 4 8–10
    Shoulder front raise 4 8–10
    Lateral raise 3 10–12
    Shrug 4 10–12
    Ab crunch 3 15–20
    Leg raise 3 12–15

KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I don't see a problem in your diet but I'll just share my opinion on your routine.

Your chest routine for an example. You use bench as main movement or the biggest movement for this day. Then you should think what muscles you use during bench and pick one or two exercise for those (besides shoulder because you do them separetly). That would make workouts shorter and eliminate the exercises you don't really need. Like 2 different flyes and 4 tricep exercises? You could get away with less and sometimes less is more.
    So my version of your chest routine would look like:
    Bench Press
    Incline Flyes
    Dips
    And 1 tricep isolation.

Then go around the routine and think it like I told you. If you feel like you aren't getting enough work from these few exercises then add weight (duh) and/or sets/reps. Like again your back/biceps you use 3 different curls?
    Pokemon X and Y crew FC: 5215-0470-3034 (X)

LoganE1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LoganE1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Instead of chest/tris and back/bis try chest/bis and back/tris. That way once you get to triceps they will not be tired from working them sense your will not use them much on back day so you can push more weight. Another thing you need A LOT more compound movements. Flys and Cable cross overs wont build muscle as fast as compound movements they will give the muscle that shape and pump. So try 4 sets of Incline dumbbell press( or barbell but i perfer dumbbell its gives a better sqeeze.) 4 sets of flat barbell bench press, 4 sets of incline flys(or cable cross overs), Then regular cross overs or regular flys or even push ups for the last 4 sets. Thats a lot more compound movement and your will see more growth. Also don't work till failure, it does nothing for you gain wise. On triceps try doing 4 sets of skull crushers, 4 sets of close grip press, 4 sets of tricep extentions, and 4 sets of pull downs. I suggest reading up on compound movements they are what really tears your muscles down and bulks them up.

rmckenzie711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmckenzie711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmckenzie711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmckenzie711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmckenzie711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmckenzie711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmckenzie711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmckenzie711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmckenzie711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmckenzie711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmckenzie711 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do some more incline bench. Skull rushers too are good. And eat a lot to put mass on your arms & chest.
    Anglophone in QUEBEC CREW!

RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    try switching to a 5x5? Your frequency will be higher that way. to the extent you find a quality program where you can pick asistance exercises i'd say look for cgbp or dips + skullcrushers for triceps (for skullcrushers make sure you are using the proper form to really engage the long head). for chest? make sure your form is right, shoulders into the bench, retracted, slightly lower back arch, elbow tuck. also consume at least 1g/lb of bw...so at least 185 a day. (if you don't switch...that's too many flye movements. don't major in the minors. compounds > isolations. db incline bench > incline flyes. dips > pressdowns. that seems to be a recurring problem in your routine)
    Deathstroke and I list our most hilariously awful WCW moments (lots of gifs & vids; expect load time):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168458963

"You can't beat mah prices, but you can beat mah meat." - Dusty Rhodes

napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    4-5 K calories but only 100 grams protein? That dosent sound right to me.

How are your other bodparts growing? Is it just the chest/tris that dont grow?

Anyway People who have massive delts usually have weak chests cause their delts take over their chests during pressing movements. If this is the case try to focus more on your chest, isolating it and squeezing every rep.

Your training volume is alright. You could try hitting chest & tris twice a week though. Also have your high calorie day when traing chest/tris