Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000)

I'm Nexxus, my story and journey to power, size and stronger self.

Foreword
    Hello everyone, this will be my final journal, any other journals I start will simply be a continuation of this one (but that will be in a longass time haha). I have logged here before, but it was more specifically just to follow through and stick to the program that I was doing and know what I was doing with the program. For example, you may find my 5/3/1 log I was doing last year here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=147501933 I believe I'm finally starting to understand lifting and nutrition a bit better now though and can finally just have a general log to keep records...

Anyways, this journal will simply be to log all my workouts from now on, no matter what program I am using, it will simply show my progress as time goes on... I'll probably take a few breaks from the log and come back to it if I become super busy during like exams period or something, or if I go on holiday for a bit etc!

I will mention that just because you subscribe, does not mean I will sub back to your log (although if you do sub it's more likely for me to sub back ofc). The biggest reason for me doing these logs is to keep myself accountable for my workouts and have an online record of my workouts since keeping old logbooks isn't that fun lol. If you do choose to join my journey though, you're very welcome

The rest of this OP will be about my life in relation to lifting so far so my brothers in iron can get to know me a bit better!

MY STORY
    I'm half Belgian, half S.Korean. Lived in 7 countries cuz my dad was a diplomat so my main language is English. Born in S.Korea, moved to India, then Belgium, then Vietnam, then Belgium again, then Kenya, then Ethiopia, then Belgium again, then USA for 3 years college, now back in Brussels, Belgium finishing my bachelors!

The beginning - Africa, middleschool - Sophomore HS year (from like 10-16 years old?)
    well, I've always had self conscious issues about my body. I was pretty fat as a little kid in kindergarden/middle school and I actually got made fun of for being fat. It didn't help when I moved to Africa and being skinny was the norm so even though I really wasn't that fat (actually by American standards I bet I was pretty normal lol), I was one of the fattest kids in school (in africa) and everybody made fun of me for that in Africa until like age 14, also just the fact I was asian and raised by my really strict Asian mom.

Anyways, I decided I was fed up of being made fun of for being fat. I had no idea what to do but I signed up to bb.com at a really early age (like 14 or 15?). Nexxus actually comes from Starcraft because at the time I played Protoss with Starcraft a lot and thought the name was cool Anyways, I had no access to a gym (they didn't even have a good gym that I was aware of in Kenya or Ethiopia...) But I would run my ass off and do ****tons of cardio. Eventually I lost all my fat but along with it I lost any muscle that I had. Because I lost fat though, I felt better. For a couple years I actually played some sports for the JV teams and was most improved player for soccer and basketball. I also was known to be a pretty decent long-distance runner. I don't think I had a bad eating disorder, but the fact I ran so much meant I would have a hard time gaining weight lol. During this time, I obviously did not post much on bb.com and actually pretty much forgot about it...

I did have a home gym at home in Ethiopia that my parents bought, but it was just a machine (no free weights). I ended up pretty much never using it, and when I tried to ask for help on bb.com I had no idea people were talking about when people even mentioned bench press and counting calories etc. It all just confused me lol. So I didn't even bother trying to lift or anything of the sort... I got a really bad achilles injury though my sophomore year of highschool and this pretty much kept me out of any sports and running for a year and I just got pretty depressed and got sedentary. I think I didn't eat much because of the depression stayed very skinny... Anyways for the end of high school, me and my parents moved back to Belgium!

The end of highschool in Belgium (from 16-19 years old)
    OK, so here I was, still kinda depressed because I was just recovering from injury. I knew I wouldn't be able to play sports for the school team on varsity so I was kind of lost on how to get in better shape. As I have always been somewhat competitive, I turned to gaming. I became a super gamer nerd! I actually ended up being one of the best Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4 players out there and I was in one of the best French teams there, we were supposed to go to a LAN, but I decided not to go and completely quit gaming because it took too much of my time and I wasn't doing too hot in school. As I was just sitting in front of a computer screen all this time, I kinda just got skinny fat, I didn't add an ounce of muscle but I managed to lose any leanness I had, I looked skinny in a tshirt but then take it off and there'd be a ****ing belly hanging out. I don't have any good pictures of when I was skinny fat but jesus I was the epitome of skinny fat lol.

Anyways, in order to graduate my school, everybody needed some CAS hours, meaning Creativity (like art or music), Action (like sports) and Service (community service somehow). For Action I didn't know what to do and I only had a year left to get all my Action hours left... Anyways, I remembered about bodybuilding.com and how I had a long lost account there lol. I was a bit older and understood a tiny bit more and could read a bit better . Basically I looked up rippetoes and followed that ****.

It was actually December 2008 I remember that day, I went to take a walk in a park near my house, and I looked at myself and how skinny fat I had become and I literally cried, I even shouted and screamed at myself all alone in that park. I WAS ****ING MAD AT HOW UNFIT I WAS! I decided January 2009 I would start a new years resolution to get fit. I had no idea how, but I knew that I had to follow this ''Starting Strength'' or whatever it was called. I had no confidence, I had never benched before, but starting January 2009, I was going to the gym 3x a week, Benching, Squatting and Deadlifting. All with absolutely horrendous form, but that doesn't matter... What matters is that I got started in the journey to change my body. At 19 years old half a semester before graduating high school I decided I'd change the way I looked and prepare myself to be completely different in college!

Looking back, I actually managed to change pretty drastically in those 6 months - 1 year of training simply from Rippetoes Starting Strength. I added a good amount of weight, and form definitely improved a bunch. I wasn't counting calories and had no idea how to, I had no idea of proper nutrition I just ate when hungry and took some protein shakes from time to time, and that was really all I needed to get started and not be skinny fat anymore.

I don't have any pics of when i was skinny fat (which looks worse than the pic below of me being auschwitz survivor mode lol) but I got a pic of me in Africa. This was done within the first year of rippetoes...

2009-2010 transformation

after

as you can see, those are actually shots done by a photographer, I was thinking about going into modelling at the time, but after a bit of time decided modelling would probably not be for me lol.
    Last edited by Nexxus; 05-03-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Training with Osteolysis and a gigantic ganglion cyst... One day I will surgery, but not today...

AsianBBCGenetics

Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Now let's continue

College in the states! (19-22 years old)

Freshman year of college was actually pretty fun and productive, I was balancing school work, social life and gym pretty well. My form on lifting got a bit better but my nutrition was still pretty dumb... I made friends quite quick with a bunch of classmates and some guys at the school gym and I took tips from them. I know I had an account on bb.com but tbh I never used bb.com anymore as I didn't know where to go (I didn't even know a log section existed) and I had no idea who to listen to etcetc. I think I switched to a push/pull+legs split and would work out every other day. I kind of made the split up myself but it didn't go too bad. I still pretty much just ate whatever I wanted when hungry and stuff and was still getting results. One thing I can say though is that I was somewhat spinning my wheels as I would bulk for like a month and cut for 2 weeks, so this resulted in very slow progress. Anyways, after another year of solid lifting, I actually kind of managed to look somewhat decent. Or well you know, Abercrombie model decent.

So sophomore year, I ended up lookin like: 2011

I think I got my bench up to around 200 lbs here? Was squatting 3 plates too, but not sure if I was going deep enough... Also could deadlift a bit over 3 plates.
    Anyways, for the first time in my life, I actually felt kind of confident, and even dare I say ''sexy/attractive'' lol. Girls would actually give me attention just because I looked decent and this was the first time in my life this had hapenned to me. I had no idea what was going on, but I was getting invited to go out and party with them all the time so I was literally like OK! Because of this, dudes obviously wanted to chill with me too since I guess I came off as a cool dude and could be their wingman and stuff. lol I had a bunch of fun, but I also got involved in some things I now regret.

I ended up pretty much being an alcoholic between sophomore and junior year of college. I'd get wasted around 3x a week, and sometimes I'd even do some harder drugs... I now know I've got a pretty OCD/addictive personality and now I stay away from that stuff. But at the time I didn't realize I was doing bad stuff to my body, I kinda thought I was just being normal. Anyways, the drugs I did were: weed, coke, E, molly, *****, LSD, shrooms, ******** (and other amphetamines) and err yeah I think that's about it. Thankfully I never abused a single substance, I just kinda ****ed around with one and experimented lol... I haven't done any of those drugs more than 5 times apart from weed as I was quite the pothead for a bit (and maybe amphetamines that I may have used for studying as well as partying. ). Anyways, the LSD trip was really bad and we'll get back to the horrible trip later in my story

None of this was obviously good for my body. I actually kind of didn't work out as hard in the gym... I mean I'd hit the gym up, but I kind of forgot the point of going, my sessions were never intense and I didn't go on a consistent enough basis to make any gains. In fact, I regressed, and I got smaller, weaker and gained some fat. I also kind of gained a reputation of a douchebag I think... but this reputation went away quick once I quit the drugs n ****... Anyways, I ended up lookin like: 2011

This was mid Junior year, so mid 2011 I'm guessing. Obviously after working hard to look good and healthy I got mad when I saw my "progress" pictures and it was basically a wake up call saying "**** I NEED TO QUIT THIS **** NOW" Also my grades were suffering really bad, my GPA went from a 3.8 to a 2.9 in 2 semesters... SO, low and behold, I just quit the drugs lol. Every single one of the drugs I had ever tried, I never used again. Well except weed, I smoked up like once or twice after but that's it. I also almost never got drunk again, I didn't quit drinking but I'd pretty much quit getting smashed lol except for maybe a few special occasions. Up to this day, I still haven't touched any recreational drugs or gotten really smashed (unless it's a special occasion) and plan never to do so again in my life...

As I'd gotten my motivation back to get fit, my main source of motivation became Greg Plitt and Zyzz. It sounds funny saying this now, but I got a membership to greg plitts site and man his speeches just hit me really hard because he associated lifting with life so well. It really got me past any withdrawal stage or whatever with ease (I never really suffered from any withdrawals since I never got addicted) and I just listened to Greg Plitt, and followed his crazy ridiculous workouts. His workouts were definitely good to get shredded, but tbh IDK if I gained any size lol... Anyways he was also quite the broscientist, so I ended up becoming a huge bro scientist too as well as supplement junkie. I ended up going on a 5-day split and eating the typical bro foods same 6 meals a day. I still had no idea what counting calories was but I decided that sugars, insulin and high-glycemic carbs were the ****in enemy! I'd also have a cheat meal once a week (usually a gigantic blizzard icecream) to "SHOCK MY BODY WITH BAD FOOD THAT IT WOULD ACTUALLY BE SURPRISED AND BOOST METABOLISM!" LOL. Yeah anyways, you guys get the point. I ended up getting pretty darn shredded though haha most shredded I'd ever gotten in my life actually. This is me in early 2012 at 188-190lbs:

I was like FUARK I got some sick abs! lol
    Yeah anyways, after getting that ripped I was like, man how do I gain size... So early 2012 I decided to bulk. I heard that gaining 1 pound a week is a good idea for bulking. So I said "OK I'm gonna gain 1 ****ing pound a week, until I'm 40 lbs heavier and hit 230 lbs!" Anyways, I decided to start the bulk around February last year and was gaining exactly 1 pound a week still no idea of counting macros and still following Greg Plitt's 5 day splits of peace with unlimited supersets and "burning the muscles"!

Anyways, I'll end this section here because I had a life-changing event quite recently that still affects me now...
    Last edited by Nexxus; 05-03-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    Training with Osteolysis and a gigantic ganglion cyst... One day I will surgery, but not today...

AsianBBCGenetics

Mental breakdown, PTSD, and going back to Belgium (22-23 yrs old)
    It was now pretty much senior year of college although I'd prolly have to take an extra semester at the time since I ****ed up a bit whilst I was partying and all that sophomore/junior year. But I never went through with senior year of college because I ended up having a horrible mental breakdown. It was a panic attack, specifically Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I had no idea what was going on at the time, but I had to be put into the psych ward in April 2012l for almost 2 weeks. It was a horrible experience, I couldn't eat proper, and I lost a lot of muscle in only 2 weeks that I had to build up after. BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT.

The point is that I went through a ridiculously horrible experience that I doubt many people know what it feels like to pretty much go crazy for a period of time. This PTSD happened because of a childhood trauma that I had totally forgotten about. I won't mention what the trauma was, but you guys can imagine and rest assured that it was extremely bad. So bad in fact that I blocked it out of my memory all of my life and never told anyone, even those closest to me about it.

If you read earlier, I mentioned that I took LSD and that I'd come back to that later in this OP. Well, as I mentioned the LSD trip was bad, I did this in April 2011. The reason for this was because it managed to get deep into my mind and remind me of the trauma. At the time I had no idea what was going on during the trip and why it was so bad, but now looking back, I realize that my LSD trip was going back to that traumatic experience that I had as a little child.

A year after my LSD trip, around the same time period, I started to sort of have LSD flashbacks. Now I realized I may get flashbacks every April. This happened around April, and again this April (last month) I was kind of going through LSD flashbacks and they made me feel very nervous. I was wondering what was going on, and then BAM, I realized what hapenned to me as a child and it all just overwhelmed me and I went crazy and was sent to the hospital for almost 2 weeks...

I got ****ing depressed again, paranoid and had to go back to my parents because of this as I could no longer function in school normally. I took a full year off of college and basically had to get my mental state back into a healthier condition. After this mental breakdown I've had to recollect myself quite a lot and I'm now studying again but in a different school with a different major. I'm studying at college here in Belgium at the American University here. Only around a years worth of my credits transfered so I won't graduate until Spring 2015, but tbh I'm just glad that the mental breakdown last year didn't have any worse implications for me. For a while I thought that I would remain crazy or depressed/anxious for the rest of my life but it appears that I can actually function quite normally now! I'm finally a full-time student again now, exams are next week, and hopefully I do a satisfactory job on them. I'll be happy as long as I pass tbh since this semester I was still kind of recovering from depression earlier.

I will mention that from Nov-early February this year, I was playing a lot of online poker to see if I could make any money from that, it became extremely addictive and I realized that it simply wasn't worth my time quite quickly as my workouts were suffering and during this period my gym progress had stalled most probably simply because poker was so damn stressful and there'd be no way I could keep playing poker, lifting and focus on school at the same time, so I had to quit that too lol.

Anyways, once I got back to Belgium I did keep on bulking. Since I had so much free time since I took some time off from school I devoted myself to learning more about bodybuilding and nutrition n **** (as well as just recovering, seeing therapists and getting back in school ofc). I actually started to become a regular poster on these boards, spent a bunch of time in the workout and nutrition forums. I also subbed to a bunch of youtube fitness channels and I think now I actually kind of know what I'm doing when it comes to this whole bodybuilding thing or whatever you wanna call it lol...

I switched to 5/3/1 and started to count macros. At the start I kinda had no idea how to count macros but now I'm counting a lot better I think. I realized late into my bulk, that I was doing a dirty bulk and I could definitely scale it down, but I decided, hey I started dirty, I'll end it dirty lol and basically ended up eating around 5000kcals a day towards the end of the bulk.

Anyways, the bulk went meh... I mean, I started with a goal of 1 pound a week until 230 and I kept to it... I became a fat mother****er! lol This is me at 228-230 lbs! The pic was took in December, but tbh, I looked like this until January/early February since I didn't really start cutting until I quit poker in January/February

It was the first time I'd gotten this fat since I was in Africa, and it definitely felt kind of weird, but I think this is when I realized "hey, I'm not scared of getting fat anymore! I've lost my fear of losing my abs" So in one case I was kinda pissed because I'd gotten legit fat, but on the other hand, this bulk taught me SOOO much I never knew about my body and it got me over my fear of losing abs and I def gained some muscle/strength.

I am now cutting. and the most recent picture of me, I kinda look like this... I don't really have any solid progress pictures so this'll have to do for now, but I'll update with finalized progress pics once my cut is done ofc. May 2013

I'm right arounf 210lbs now, and I wanna get down to around 200, maybe a bit less. Definitely no less than 195 though. I'll probably start reverse dieting around 198.
    Last edited by Nexxus; 05-03-2013 at 04:42 PM.

AsianBBCGenetics

The Present (23 yrs old)

So ya, I'm cutting now, wanna get pretty shredded for summer and then I think I'll lean bulk all of next year. Since I know a bit more about how to do this now I don't plan on gaining much more than 1 pound a month...

Been lifting since Jan 2009, so almost 4.5 years now (even though I had that year and a half kinda ****ing around not making any gains lol)

Anyways:
    The program I'm doing pretty much Allpros intermediate routine. It's an upper/lower split on a 5 week cycle.

My strength has been stalling/decreasing for pressing movements (especially OHP), but for leg movements it appears to be improving or at least staying the same.

The template can be found here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135025731

I'm doing the second one and am liking it quite a lot. It's a bit repetitive but I don't really care so long as I'm getting results. Since I'm cutting I'm also doing 2 HIIT sessions a week!

I decided to stop 5/3/1ing mainly because if I'm on a program such as 5/3/1 then I want to actually be able to make progress every cycle. Also I wanted to take a break from deadlifts and lower volume a bit while cutting and my volume on my personal modified 5/3/1 template was just killer. Don't think I'd be able to handle it whilst cutting, but I do plan on going back to 5/3/1 in the future.

The future

OK, so once I'm done with this cut, the first thing I want to do is to get back any strength i've lost over this cut as soon as possible. So for this reason, I'll be hopping on Bill Starr's 5x5 as soon as I start reverse dieting.

After getting the most of any linear gains from that (will likely last 12-30 weeks) I'll then hop back onto my modified upper/lower version of 5/3/1 for quite a while and hope to make some nice gains

My goals
    1) end this cut
    2) lean bulk at least until the end of 2014 keeping steady weight gain making sure not to get bodyfat levels too out of control, gain strength and size
    3) learn even more about proper training, nutrition, form and exercise

My ultimate goals are to eventually have some lifts I can really be proud of. TBH, I'd be really happy with a 350 bench, 500 squat, 550-600 Deadlift. These goals are quite far away and I find it hard to imagine me having these lifts now, but if I could ever reach these numbers I think I'd be happy and just maintain them lol. IDK, maybe if I hit them I'll want more... who knows?

But the strength goals for next bulk will be to get my bench to 300 or as close to that as possible (currently a bit under 250 and going down), my squat up to 420+ (currently 350ish) and my Deadlift to 520+ (was 460 last time I pulled it)

I respect both bodybuilders and powerlifters very much however I have never had any plans to compete. I live in Belgium now so I have even less plans to compete as all the competitions are in other countries and I need to travel to UK or Germany LOL. That being said, I just wanna get big and strong and I believe doing this will enhance my life outside of lifting. The gym for me definitely seems like a form of therapy or church, I go whether I want to or not, and I do what needs to be done whether I'm in that Beastmode mindset or not. It keeps me disciplined and teaches me how important consistency is. All things I can use outside the gym to enhance my life. I get rewarded for my effort with aesthetics, strength and health, but I do this now because I've come to love the iron.

So to whoever wants to join me on my journey, please you're welcome. And if you actually read my entire story then props to you for going through with that!

I'll start logging tomorrow with my HIIT session

EDIT: Oh and follow my instagram if you want more progress pics of me or just food pics, or just some of those fitness memes, I spam instagram quite a bit also feel free to add me on MFP if you want. Both are: @PierreYR

Current Training

Right now I'm cutting on Allpros intermediate routine for reasons noted above.
    It's basically an upper/lower split on a 5 week cycle.
    Along with this routine I am doing 2 HIIT sessions currently, I may end up doing 3 HIIT sessions by the end of the cut IDK, depends how strong my metabolism is

What my routine looks like:

The first and second will be kind of like deloads, so I really focus on form on them (I may even incorporate a pause at the bottom of the movement or negatives) and take it pretty easy. The third week things generally start to get a bit tougher but form is generally still good, and then the 4th and 5th week I do whatever it takes and may sacrifice a little bit of form to get the weights up.

Day 1 and 3 (Mon + Thu):
    BB flat Bench 4 sets x 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (the first week is 4 reps, the 5th week, is 8 reps. If I get them all I have the option to increase the weight if I feel I'm actually gaining strength on this cut somehow lol)
    Seated One arm cable rows 4 sets x 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    Standing BB OHP 2 sets x 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
    Standing BB curl 3 sets x 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
    BB flat Close Grip Bench Press 2 sets x 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
    flat DB flyes 2 sets x 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
    Lat pulldowns 2 sets x 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Day 2 and 3 (Tue + Fri):
    SQUATS 4 sets x 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    Romanian Deadlifts 2 sets x 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
    Leg Extensions 2 sets x 8, 10, 12, 15, 20
    Alternating Forward DB lunges 2 sets x 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
    Calves 2 sets...
    Abs 1 or 2 exercises, 2-5 sets total

I plan on keeping this up until I end my cut and start reverse dieting. Once I'm done reverse dieting I will go into Bill Starr's 5x5

Future training plans
    Once I'm done cutting I plan on bulking all of 2014, maybe longer depending how lean I can stay. Anyways I have actually already got an outline or plan on how my training will change as I go into my bulk. Basically once I'm back to maintenance I plan on switching to Bill Starr's 5x5 until I milk it for all its worth and get any strength I lost on my cut back and even get stronger. Once I've milked Bill Starr's 5x5 I will switch a modified upper/lower 5/3/1.

Bill Starr's 5x5

Still not completely sure how the progression and ramp up style works but I got a good 10+ weeks to find that out lol. Anyways, the main template is here: http://stronglifts.com/madcow/5x5_Pr...tm#Progression

I should start doing this around September/october until the end of 2013/early 2014.

Basically it is a well known fullbody work out 3x a week. I'm debating whether I'll be doing HIIT cardio at all, I think I may keep doing 2 HIIT sessions a week as long as I'm not finding it too hard to consume calories... Last year on my bulk my calories got so high (almost 5000) that I was having trouble eating all that food I was force feeding myself with pizza and icecream n **** lol. The progression is weekly, increasing weights 2.5% per week

Exercise Sets x Reps
    Details

Monday
    Squat 5x5
    Ramping weight to top set of 5 (which should equal the previous Friday's heavy triple)
    Bench 5x5
    Ramping weight to top set of 5 (which should equal the previous Friday's heavy triple)
    Barbell Row 5x5
    Assistance:
    Weighted dips - 3 sets of 5-8
    BB curls - 3 sets of 8-10
    a couple sets of abs?

Wednesday
    Squat 4x5
    First 3 sets are the same as Monday, the 4th set is repeating the 3rd set again
    Standing OHP 4x5
    Ramping weight to top set of 5
    Deadlift 4x5
    Ramping weight to top set of 5
    Assistance:
    Weighted chin ups - 3 sets of 5-8
    Close grip Bench Press - 3 sets of 8-10
    a couple sets of abs?

Friday
    Squat 4x5, 1x3, 1x8
    First 4 sets are the same as Monday's, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8
    Bench 4x5, 1x3, 1x8
    First 4 sets are the same as Monday's, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8
    Barbell Row 4x5, 1x3, 1x8
    Assistance:
    Weighted dips - 3 sets of 5-8
    BB curls - 3 sets of 8-10
    a couple sets of abs?

After I'm done with this, I will be moving onto 5/3/1. I expect to be able to stay on Bill Starr's for 12-30 weeks depending on how slowly I stall and how many times I reset. So I should be moving onto 5/3/1 in early 2014 around, and I plan on using it all through 2014, maybe just changing a few things here and there.

modified upper/lower Wendler's 5/3/1

I'll be trying to increase both power and hypertrophy here. I think I'll also focus on my weakpoints a lot. I really want my arms to grow so will be hitting them hard. Also going to hit chest hard. And I'll try to front squats to get my lower quad teardrops out more. Anyways this is what my routine looks like so far... but things are definitely up for change since this is so far away, and I'm pretty sure I'll change things as I start this program tbh.

But here is what my outline basically looks like:

Day 1 (Mon):
    Flat BB Bench - 5/3/1
    Standing BB OHP - 4 x 8-10
    Pendlay rows - 5 x 6-8
    BB curls - 4 x 6-8
    Close Grip Bench press - 3 x 10-12
    Flat DB flyes - 2 x 10-12
    Facepulls - 2 x 10-12

Day 2 (Tue):
    Squats - 5/3/1
    Front Squats - 4-5 x 8-10
    Romanian Deadlifts - 3 x 10-12
    Leg curls - really slow 2 x 12-20
    Calves - 2 sets
    Abs - 2-5 sets

Day 3 (Thu):
    Standing OHP - 5/3/1
    Flat BB Bench - 4 x 6-8
    Weighted chinups - 5 x 6-8
    Weighted dips - 4 x 5-8
    DB incline curls - 3 x 10-12
    Incline DB flyes - 2 x 10-12
    DB side delt raises - 2 x 10-12

Day 4 (Fri):
    Conventional Deadlifts - 5/3/1
    Squats 4-5 x 6-8
    Leg Extensions - 2 x 12-20 nice n slow
    Alternating DB lunges - 3 x 8-10
    Calves - 2 sets
    Abs - 2-5 sets

In addition to all of this. I want my arms to grow, so I think I'm going to bookend my deload week (every 4th week). With a pretty intense pro arms workout. This way I'll be hitting my arms 3x a week 2/5 weeks lol.

Bro Arm workout bookending my deloads (on Saturday)
    BB curls (3 x 6-8)
    Incline DB curls (3x8-10)
    Arnold curls or some kind of preacher curl ( 2x10-12)
    Weighted Dips (3x6-8)
    Closegrip Bench Press (3x8-10)
    Some type of pushdown (2x10-12)

Plan on doing 5/3/1 until IDK... for a while...

My nutrition/diet
    I basically follow IIFYM. I may end up fasting some days but it's never really planned so I wouldn't call it IF. I just eat when convenient or when i get hungry right now. It works for me so that's what I do lol. Some days I do train fasted (especially if I'm busy and I want to workout first thing in the morning), other days I don't, it doesn't seem to affect my workouts too much.

When I was bulking I only kept note of my total calories really since with almost 5000kcal it's pretty damn hard to lack fat and protein lol.

Right now during my cut my current macros are:
    2860 kcal:
    220 P
    80 F
    315 C
    (or as close to this as possible)

My refeeds which I am doing every 10 days (but I think I'll soon start doing them every 7 days or something) are:
    3315 kcal:
    170 P
    35 F
    580 C
    (but tbh, I just try keep fats as low as possible, get an OK amount of protein and then gourge on carbs. Not too concerned with calories as long as I stay under 3500)

If weight loss stalls, I generally just decrease carbs by 10, either that or I will increase cardio a bit. I did start with no cardio, but now I'm doing 2 HIIT sessions so yeah...

Can't wait to reverse diet and bulk! Soon I will be shredded
    Since I plan on staying a lot leaner and I've been counting macros for a while now I think I'll keep doing so during my bulk and see how that goes.
    Last edited by Nexxus; 05-04-2013 at 01:54 PM.

AsianBBCGenetics

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    pretty crazy life man, Africa looks cool haha.

Got pretty big on that last bulk! lets see how the next one goes
    Liftin' or Blazin'

WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In!
    NYR NYM NYK UCONN Nebraska AS Roma

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Okay. In. Good to see you back logging, man. I wondered WTF happened to you.
    Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147159883

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    that made sense why you were gone. No plans for hitting the 5/3/1 ? there is always a template for you there..
    my workout log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147657213
    my blog about weight lifting -> http://jsaarelainen.wordpress.com/
    "May the sun illuminate thy path!"

my currents : sq 319 - dl 419 - bp - 231 - ohp 143
    my goals 2014 : sq 341 - dl 440 - bp 242 - ohp 154

Originally Posted by Bonkies View Post
    pretty crazy life man, Africa looks cool haha.

Got pretty big on that last bulk! lets see how the next one goes
    LOL, need to end cut first.

Originally Posted by WestAfrica View Post
    In!
    thx, welcome!

Originally Posted by ktj4l View Post
    Okay. In. Good to see you back logging, man. I wondered WTF happened to you.
    Originally Posted by ulsak View Post
    that made sense why you were gone. No plans for hitting the 5/3/1 ? there is always a template for you there..
    Hey! nice seeing you guys again

I got plans to go back to 5/3/1 later on once I've gotten my strength back on my bulk. But right now all I really wanna do is stick to this program until the end of my cut, I like the fact that the volume isn't too high, the progression scheme is super simple and I can adjust easily if I fail (which I've been doing on my cut lol) and it's basically what I want right now as I'm not too concerned about trying to gain or maintain all my strength this cut.
    Then once I'm done cutting, I'll try to get any lost strength back as quickly as possible through Bill Starr's 5x5. Then once I milked everything I can outta that I'll hop back onto a modified upper/lower 5/3/1.

Should be done cutting around August, and then start reverse dieting. IDK, I've been losing weight fast recently after having been stalled for a couple weeks... So we shall see, but I'm not too concerned about how long it'll take me to get cut since I'm basically planning on bulking entire 2014.

AsianBBCGenetics

HIIT cardio

Just gonna post my supplementation fast since there wasn't enough space to edit into my last post where I edited my current and future training plans along with a short update on my nutrition:

My supplementation
    Protein (currently I got almost 10 kg of total mixed protein chocolate flavor to finish lol)
    Creatine mono
    Multivitamins
    Omega 3
    Beta-Alanine
    Joint supplements

Those are basically what I take year round...
    I sometimes take depending on whether I need:
    Calcium (If I don't drink milk that day lol)
    Amino Acids during my workouts (usually when training fasted, but tbh I like the taste and they keep me hydrated while I workout)
    preworkout (I've started taking less of these and just drinking lots of coffee lol)

Alright onto my HIIT workout today

I did 6 sets of this weird olympic lifting/crossfit movement for 10 reps lol

Basically had 20-30 kg on the Barbell. Then I would Clean it, front squat it, and then push press it at the top. I repeated this for 10 reps. I did this for 6 sets with 30 seconds to 45 seconds rest intervals.

After this I went on stationary bike and did intervals. 90 second really light pace, and then 30 seconds all out sprint. In total I did 10 minutes so 5 sets of this.

Then i was winded so I left to go home lol.

Hungry as **** gonna cook something. Tomorrow is my complete rest day. I'm supposed to refeed on Monday but I really wanna refeed tomorrow as I feel flat as **** lol. I heard it's better to refeed on workout days though, IDK if this is just broscience or not. Will ask in nutrition forums.

See you guys

AsianBBCGenetics

zela is a name known to all. (+5000) zela is a name known to all. (+5000) zela is a name known to all. (+5000) zela is a name known to all. (+5000) zela is a name known to all. (+5000) zela is a name known to all. (+5000) zela is a name known to all. (+5000) zela is a name known to all. (+5000) zela is a name known to all. (+5000) zela is a name known to all. (+5000) zela is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed.

Crazy detailed documentary of your progress. Looking forward to seeing you advance over the next few months!

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Liftin' or Blazin'

Originally Posted by zela View Post
    Subbed.

Crazy detailed documentary of your progress. Looking forward to seeing you advance over the next few months!
    thx. I decided to start a general log for the longterm so needed a good intro nomsayin?

Originally Posted by Bonkies View Post
    Crossfit works pretty good for cardio lol. And it's kinda fun!

Anyways. Decided I'll be refeeding tmr instead of monday just cuz I wanna fill my muscles out for Monday's workout and get some nice pumps LOL

AsianBBCGenetics

Dnxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Will read when I get some time.

Originally Posted by Dnxy View Post
    Will read when I get some time.
    Nice, Welcome

Anyways, rest day today, but decided to be refeeding.
    Bring on the popcorn, rice cakes, pasta and sorbet!

My refeeds which I am doing every 10 days (but I think I'll soon start doing them every 7 days or something) are:
    3315 kcal:
    170 P
    35 F
    580 C
    (but tbh, I just try keep fats as low as possible, get an OK amount of protein and then gourge on carbs. Not too concerned with calories as long as I stay under 3500)

AsianBBCGenetics

OK anyways, I've had this thing on my left wrist FOR YEARS literally but I never really cared about it as it never really affected me. It still doesn't really affect me now although I kind of notice it and it's just plain annoying. Also I pretty much am forced wear wrist wraps when I lift now at least on any pressing movements. I did some research on the internet and I think I may have a ganglion cyst. It's rock hard like a bone so it may be a weird bone or it may just be the cyst has hardened into a bone-like thing... Anyways, pretty sure the only solution right now is to either deal with it and keep lifting and living with it, or to go and get it surgically removed.

The pros and cons of surgery imo so far are:

Pros:
    - It won't bother me anymore
    - No more annoyance
    - Maybe be able to wear less wrist wraps
    - increase symmetry? My left bicep is significantly smaller than left and maybe this is a cause for it?

Cons:
    - surgery will mean I will have to take at least a month off from lifting, maybe up to 2 months
    - If surgery goes wrong, then my wrist strength and mobility may actually be decreased, although tbh I think if I work on this, then I should be able to get full strength and mobility back after a longer period of time (like after half a year, I think I should have 100% or close to that wrist strength and mobility back)
    - It's possible that the cyst will grow back (just much smaller than the current one)

Not sure which route to take... I don't want surgery now though because I wanna keep lifting lol. I may get surgery around christmas break or something IDK... I'll prolly go visit a doctor first to make sure it is a cyst, then decide what's best lol

Here's a picture:

Errm and since I was gone for a while there's a bunch of food pics you prolly haven't seen if you don't follow my instagram... so yeah some food porn lmao:

K that's enough for now... I got about 20 more pics left, will just spam them the next few workout logs until I'm all out, then I can just post the foods as I eat. These were took in the past couple months.
    Last edited by Nexxus; 05-05-2013 at 01:27 PM.

AsianBBCGenetics

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had a cyst in that same spot a while back. It didn't affect wrist mobility or strength though and just went away on its own. Mine wasn't that big and I'm not sure that's a cyst if it's painful or causing you issues while lifting. Mine didn't hurt at all and it didn't even really show unless I bent my hand in a certain way. I actually stopped thinking about it, until I read this. Then I checked how it was looking and it's gone. You should go see a doctor to make sure it's even a cyst, before you worry about surgery to get a cyst removed.

I had a cyst in that same spot a while back. It didn't affect wrist mobility or strength though and just went away on its own. Mine wasn't that big and I'm not sure that's a cyst if it's painful or causing you issues while lifting. Mine didn't hurt at all and it didn't even really show unless I bent my hand in a certain way. I actually stopped thinking about it, until I read this. Then I checked how it was looking and it's gone. You should go see a doctor to make sure it's even a cyst, before you worry about surgery to get a cyst removed.
    You're right, it may not be a cyst. But tbh I'm kind of hoping it is because I think a cyst is better than it being like a legitimate bone sticking out or something lol. It may definitely be that though as I notice that my left shoulder has a lot less flexibility than my right and I can crack it if I rotate it around and stuff. Yeah should get it checked out by doctor... hoping it's a cyst lol!

Got exams in week after this one though so will wait until summer break to check it out.

Anyways, it doesn't really affect my lifting as long as I strap my wrists up.

AsianBBCGenetics

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    glad that you recovered from that wrist thingie!

dat food porn and 16 hrs of fasting window to go...

glad that you recovered from that wrist thingie!

dat food porn and 16 hrs of fasting window to go...
    lol I recovered from my wrist pain thing quite a while back. I'm completely injury free as of now which is nice since for the past year I've been dealing with wrist and elbow injuries all year (I blame it on me overtraining on Greg Plitt's crazy 5 day splits lol with no rest days unless I wanted lol... Sometimes even training 2x a day xD)

This wrist thing has been with me for YEARS! I just don't know whether it's a cyst or a bone or whatever and have never bothered to check up on it. But ever since I've been able to bench 100kg for reps I've been forced to wear wrist straps every workout pretty much. It still doesn't really bother me, but it's just like one of those things that's annoying. I think I'll just have to live with it but I definitely will check it out with a doctor over summer.

Look at the bump on the left pic (of my left wrist) on the top of my wrist. It's solid, idk if it's a bone or cyst...
    Here is a view from overhead

AsianBBCGenetics

Allpros Cycle 4, week 2, A1

Scheme as I mentioned is a 5 week cycle, every week reps increase (so for bench, week 1 = 4 reps, week 2 = 5, week 3 = 6, week 4 = 7, week 5 = 8)
    Weeks 1 and 2 are kinda like deloads, week 3 is semi tough and weeks 4 and 5 are pretty damn tough lol.

It's week 2 now so basically a ''heavy deload''...

Flat BB Bench Press
    WU (mobility work in between rest, some rotator cuff exercises, light shoulder raises)
    bar x 12
    40 kg x 7
    60 kg x 3
    80 kg x 1 (long pause at bottom
    Working sets
    95 kg x 5 (210 lbs)
    95 kg x 5 (210 lbs)
    95 kg x 5 (210 lbs)
    95 kg x 5 (210 lbs)

Very easy. I missed my 4x8 (with much less strict form) on the last cycle with 97.5 kg last week, so decided this week I'd drop it down since I thought I was getting weaker.... Judging by this video I think I got stronger... Managed to do a small pause every rep, and longer one on the last rep for every set. I may increase back to 97.5kg next cycle if the 4x8 on 5th week goes well.

Pendlay rows on boxes
    WU
    60 kg x 8
    100 kg x 3
    Working sets
    115 kg x 5 (253 lbs)
    115 kg x 5 (253 lbs)
    115 kg x 5 (253 lbs)
    115 kg x 5 (253 lbs)
    I don't usually do pendlays unless the seated cable row machine is being used. Today someone else was using it and I didn't want to waste time so I just did pendlays. They were pretty hard, not sure I could've got 4x8 with these but whatever... I'll be doing seated cable rows next time lol.

Standing OHP
    Working sets
    65 kg x 7 (143 lbs)
    65 kg x 7 (143 lbs)

Errm, so I actually did 8, was only supposed to do 7 but wasn't counting correct I guess. I noticed I'm not locking out well. That needs to be fixed. Again, the weight was lowered from last week because OHP are stalled/losing strength. This was def a good decision.

BB curls
    Working sets
    45 kg x 9 (99 lbs)
    45 kg x 9 (99 lbs)
    45 kg x 9 (99 lbs)
    IDK why I'm doing 3 sets of these. TBH I think the volume is too much on this cut and I'll prolly lower to 2 sets soon as the third set was ridiculously hard. First 2 sets were done with nice strict form though. Usually on the 5th week I end up cheating for the final reps.

Flat Close Grip Bench Press
    Working sets
    70 kg x 9 (154 lbs)
    70 kg x 9 (154 lbs)
    Pretty easy... I was avoiding dips, skullcrushers and all that for around 6 months of last year because I was having recurring elbow injuries/pain. But I haven't been having any of those recently so I've switched out tricep kickbacks and pushdowns for some real tricep exercises. Still figuring out what weight to use. This still seems alright.

Flat DB flyes
    Working sets
    30's x 9 (66 lbs)
    30's x 9 (66 lbs)
    First set was a breeze, I went super slow too... Second set I barely got the 9th rep for some reason...

Usually now I do the Lat pulldown machine, but someone was using it. So I used the machine lat pulldowns... It's really lightweight though (well I can use the entire stack). So I just kinda burned my lats out doing 2 sets of that with the full weight lol.

Had class immediately after. Was actually 10 minutes in. Sun was out, so I entered class in my gym clothes... First time I walked around campus in a stringer, all I gotsta say is that for a good 10 seconds everyone just watched me take my seat. Bishes were mirin and giggling. This dude said ''gj Pierre'' and I couldn't help hiding a grin. LOL

All you guys gotstado is to eat, train and sleep!

(210 kg or 462 lbs)
    Also, Allpros doesn't have real deadlifts in the program, but I was feeling good at the start of last cycle, so decided to go for a 1rm... This was about a month ago just for fun lol.

AsianBBCGenetics

Nice session. Pretty intense volume. Definitely lock out the OHP in the future.

Nice session. Pretty intense volume. Definitely lock out the OHP in the future.
    Thanks will do.

Upper body days are usually like 1.5x longer and more intense than lower body for some reason lol. Today's workout took around 80 minutes, on weeks 4 and 5 I rest longer so it goes up to 2 hours.. My lower body workouts generally never take longer than 75 minutes.

AsianBBCGenetics

Cycle 4, week 2, A2

Man today sucked. I slept 2 hours last night because I had an essay to write and a presentation to prepare. I did them pretty good so that's what matters... Finals is a bitch...

Anyways was squat day. One of my friends came to gym with me, he never lifted before. He's not able to squat without heels coming off group and he doesn't know how to properly arch back and keep it tight. I tried to get him to bench, took ages to do that... Then we worked on rows but no way he can do rows lol. So I got him to do pullups and dips then curls. I told him he needs to work on flexibility if he wants to keep working out with me LOL

Anyways, my actual workout was pretty slow and lame. I was just super tired and had no energy because of lack of sleep obviously lol. Thankfully today was week 2 and not a tough week so I managed to get all reps pretty easy...

Squats
    WU
    Bar x 10, speed
    40 kg x 8
    60 kg x 5
    100 kg x 1 (long pause at bottom stretching out muscles...)
    Working sets
    130 kg x 5 (286 lbs)
    130 kg x 5 (286 lbs)
    130 kg x 5 (286 lbs)
    130 kg x 5 (286 lbs)

paused a bit at bottom of every rep... But back was rounding a bit... meh I couldn't bother to focus on form I guess cuz I was so tired lol

Romanian Deadlifts
    Working sets
    110 kg x 9 (242 lbs)
    110 kg x 9 (242 lbs)

Leg Extensions I do these super slow
    80 x 10
    80 x 10

Alternating Forward DB lunges
    Working sets
    25's x 9 (55's lbs)
    25's x 9 (55's lbs)

Calves - 2 sets
    Leg press machine calf raises

Abs 2 sets
    knee ab rope crunches... what are these called? LOL

SO yeah workout sucked, but whatever I got it over with. Gonna pass out early today lol

AsianBBCGenetics

Man I hate talking to people who don't even lift about anything training or nutrition related...

I was talking about how you just need to hit your macros, and then he's like ''but I know some athletes who don't eat gluten, why they do that''... I just bertstared, then replied ''I can name a lot more who do eat gluten'' lol.
    Then he asked me how much I work out, so I told him I do 4 lifting sessions and 2 HIIT sessions. Then he's ''oh nice, me too, I just do 3 lifting sessions and 2 cardio so kind of like you.'' So I'm like ya, then he talks about his lifting workouts and he's like ''I like do all the machines you know, and I do them in a circuit, I sweat so much!''... Then I bertstare lol...

Then we talk a bit about how much we eat... Im like ''I got a pretty high metabolism, I've been losing 1 pound a week eating almost 3000kcals a day'' He's like ''isn't that normal?! I think I eat that much and am losing weight too!'' Again I bertstare and just peaced out lol. No way he was eating that much even if he was really losing weight because he was super skinny...

Then later on, one of my friends at school wanted to workout with me... being the nice guy I am, I was like cool. So he came to my gym on a guest pass for one day and had no idea what to do. He started with cable flyes... I'm like bro... So I took him to the bench and then immediately realized he had never learnt to bench so took a good 15 minutes explaining how to bench and getting him to set up right lol. Then I tried to get him to do some rows but I noticed he couldn't bend his knees properlly without seriously rounding his back and getting his heels off the ground. So I was nah you can't row... you need to go stretch at home everyday, work on flexibility for the next 2 weeks or so until you can squat with your heels on the ground... Then I was like, just do a bunch of pullups and dips. So he did that whilst I finished my lower body workout lol.

Anyways, this guy is skinnyfat, and he's telling me how he wants to lose fat and get abs and stuff... I was just like ''NOOOO, u need to get on a solid beginners routine, squat, bench press and deadlift and build some muscle, cuz if you lose any fat you're just gonna look super skinny!'' lol...

After the workout he was like ''man you really take your workouts seriously don't you'' I'm just like... I guess lol, then I go home cuz I wanna sleep. Come home, have the rest of my macros and pass the **** out for a good 14 hours lol.

Anyways, got cardio to do today, think I'll just do bike intervals. Nothing itneresting.
    Last edited by Nexxus; 05-08-2013 at 12:29 AM.

AsianBBCGenetics

The stuff people come up with for dieting is almost more absurd than the machines they use to 'lift'. Almost. My sister was telling me about one of her friends doing a 'cleanse' for a week. I guess all these dumb c'unts ate for a week was some 'special' soup. So... for a week, they're basically fasting. Then they told my sister they don't want to lose muscle mass doing this (of course not... because that's your problem when you believe that a cleanse does anything), which is why they went to 'lift' (I highly doubt they actually touched weights) that week... on no calories. Gun in my mouth.

The first guy you talked about sounds borderline retarded. The second guy just sounds like he's lost. If you think he's a good guy, help him out. If you don't think he'll take things seriously, at least you gave it a shot.

nice squats, I think your form wasn't too bad and losing some form on top sets I consider as an acceptable loss BUT.. I would ( and also I have done that too ) lowered to weights to nail the form better. I know you got those weights in you and even like 150 kg, but I'd do the volumering at 115 kg - 120 kg if I wast .

lol, some guys are receptive to good advice, but you need to catch them before a personal trainer gets them..

Just did HIIT

10 minutes of interval biking... 90 sec low intensity, 30 sec all out sprint at high levels
    Then I didn't want my legs to suffer anymore so I decided to do 10 supersets of bw dips supersetted with bw chinups. 30 sec rest between each superset.

Pretty intense! Still hate cardio lol

The stuff people come up with for dieting is almost more absurd than the machines they use to 'lift'. Almost. My sister was telling me about one of her friends doing a 'cleanse' for a week. I guess all these dumb c'unts ate for a week was some 'special' soup. So... for a week, they're basically fasting. Then they told my sister they don't want to lose muscle mass doing this (of course not... because that's your problem when you believe that a cleanse does anything), which is why they went to 'lift' (I highly doubt they actually touched weights) that week... on no calories. Gun in my mouth.

The first guy you talked about sounds borderline retarded. The second guy just sounds like he's lost. If you think he's a good guy, help him out. If you don't think he'll take things seriously, at least you gave it a shot.
    Heh, yeah the stuff people say... Even some of the regulars I see in the gym don't have any idea what they're doing, especially the younger guys (less than 30 years old) tend to really believe in that broscience crap. All the younger guys now are cutting for summer (when they're already pretty ****ing lean and skinny and should be bulking) and because they're cutting they're doing all this "high intensity" high reps, and weird exercises from greg plitt... For some reason the older guys kinda understand training and nutrition a bit better at my gym... idk why...

Anyways ya, I actually talked to the 2nd guy a bit and he seems interested in improving his strength and health. So I just linked him to a couple of the beginner stickies in the teen workout section on these boards. They seemed to cover all the basics needed for a beginner: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150240963 and http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150240963

The rest is up to him to read and learn now I guess. Time shall tell if he decides to follow up or quits like most others I know lol...

nice squats, I think your form wasn't too bad and losing some form on top sets I consider as an acceptable loss BUT.. I would ( and also I have done that too ) lowered to weights to nail the form better. I know you got those weights in you and even like 150 kg, but I'd do the volumering at 115 kg - 120 kg if I wast .

lol, some guys are receptive to good advice, but you need to catch them before a personal trainer gets them..
    heh I blame my back rounding on just being tired that day from not sleeping the night before so not being able to concentrate properlly...

AsianBBCGenetics

Originally Posted by Nexxus View Post
    Just did HIIT

10 minutes of interval biking... 90 sec low intensity, 30 sec all out sprint at high levels
    Then I didn't want my legs to suffer anymore so I decided to do 10 supersets of bw dips supersetted with bw chinups. 30 sec rest between each superset.

Pretty intense! Still hate cardio lol

Heh, yeah the stuff people say... Even some of the regulars I see in the gym don't have any idea what they're doing, especially the younger guys (less than 30 years old) tend to really believe in that broscience crap. All the younger guys now are cutting for summer (when they're already pretty ****ing lean and skinny and should be bulking) and because they're cutting they're doing all this "high intensity" high reps, and weird exercises from greg plitt... For some reason the older guys kinda understand training and nutrition a bit better at my gym... idk why...

Anyways ya, I actually talked to the 2nd guy a bit and he seems interested in improving his strength and health. So I just linked him to a couple of the beginner stickies in the teen workout section on these boards. They seemed to cover all the basics needed for a beginner: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150240963 and http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150240963

The rest is up to him to read and learn now I guess. Time shall tell if he decides to follow up or quits like most others I know lol...

heh I blame my back rounding on just being tired that day from not sleeping the night before so not being able to concentrate properlly...
    yeah, I know the feeling... sometimes the poundage or just bare sight of them overwhelms me and I lose focus too, also bad sleep can be killer sometimes..

Cycle 4, week 2, A2

yeah, I know the feeling... sometimes the poundage or just bare sight of them overwhelms me and I lose focus too, also bad sleep can be killer sometimes..
    TBH I think my form with squats is better the heavier I go, at least in terms of rounding the back... Prolly cuz my back can handle it at lower weights so I tend not to care really which is a bad habit... With any other lifts it's the other way around though and form gets worse as I go heavier...

Anyways onto the workout. Felt stronger than monday which is good

BENCH
    Warm ups (shoulder work + mobility work in between rests)
    bar x 20
    40 kg x 10
    60 kg x 5
    80 kg x 1 long pause
    Working sets
    95 kg x 5 (209 lbs)
    95 kg x 5 (209 lbs)
    95 kg x 5 (209 lbs)
    95 kg x 5 (209 lbs)
    All reps were paused a bit. Felt easier than monday, so good sign...

Single arm seated cable rows
    WU with like 20 kg
    Working sets
    75 x 5
    75 x 5
    75 x 5
    75 x 5
    Not sure if it's actually 75 kg or not... it's a stack of weights that goes from 5 to 100... It's pretty heavy tho. Felt good

Standing OHP
    WU with bar
    Working sets
    65 kg x 7 (243 lbs)
    65 kg x 7 (243 lbs)
    Made sure to lock out on every rep this time. I noticed in my vid last week I didn't move my head forward enough either so I focused on that today and it actually made the lift easier as well as locking out. Should've recoreded a vid... but rest assured my form was a lot better today

BB curls
    45 kg x 9 (99 lbs)
    45 kg x 9 (99 lbs)
    45 kg x 9 (99 lbs)

Flat Close Grip Bench Press
    70 kg x 9 (154 lbs)
    70 kg x 9 (154 lbs)
    Again easier than last week... Actually considerably. I think it may just be because I'm still new and getting used to the movement... Will almost certainly move up in weight next cycle so long as it stays easy.

Flat DB flyes
    30 kg x 9 (66 lbs)
    30 kg x 9 (66 lbs)
    So easy, felt like I could've done 15 LOL

again someone was using lat pulldowns, so i did those single arm lat pulldown machine thingy wiith the whole stack again for 2 sets of 12... It's right next to the cardio section, cardio bunnies were mirin...

Yeah easy session. Legs tmr.

Essay due tonight, gotta finish that. And then exams all next week, so tough weekend...

AND THEN SUMMER BREAK! lol

EDIT: I've been lacking some Food porn lately LOL
    shredded chicken n veggie mix

Quick belgium (fast food) burgers:

Protein pancakes:

sludge, wasn't that good this one lol:

Subway beef n bacon:

Nutella proats:

Korean food called bi bim bap (a kind of rice with meat and veggies dish):
    Last edited by Nexxus; 05-09-2013 at 05:47 AM.

AsianBBCGenetics