Registered User MindYourBusines's Avatar
    MindYourBusines has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Critique my squat from please?? :)

Hey all. I'm a newbie here.

I've been practising my squat form at home with a bar and some weights. I wanted to perfect my squat technique before hitting the squat rack at my gym for fear of making a fool of myself. It's been a few weeks and I'm more than positive that my form is ****ed up so I was hoping any of you kind ladies would point me in the right direction so I can improve and progress.

I have a YouTube video of myself squatting but you can only see my lower body. If you're up for helping me out ill PM you the link to it.

Thank you.
    Last edited by MindYourBusines; 05-02-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Sp

Bump!!!!!!!!

Just doing the prep work! jjeane's Avatar
    jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Get the youtube like and post it here.

You need the alpha numberic code for the vid. I think then someone will help you. I doubt anyone will pm you for the link. But posting it will get you somewhere!
    Spoon Barbell Club

My Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147722593

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Set your bar high, be kind, and do more of what makes you stronger. Eleiko

Love over fear

Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jjeane View Post
    Get the youtube like and post it here.

You need the alpha numberic code for the vid. I think then someone will help you. I doubt anyone will pm you for the link. But posting it will get you somewhere!
    this. aint nobody got time fo dat
    IG: kenneth_prime

rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Squatticus View Post
    this. aint nobody got time fo dat
    Doesn't have enough posts. OP, I will embed if you want.
    "Strength is the product of struggle. You must do what others don’t to achieve what others won’t" – Henry Rollins

The stronger you are, the lighter the world feels.

Recovering from surgery on my femur.
    Going for 300/400/500 by 9/11/2014.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160872501

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MindYourBusines View Post
    .... ill PM you the link to it.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

Originally Posted by rjohndrew13 View Post
    Doesn't have enough posts. OP, I will embed if you want.
    I was just about to say it won't let me post the link.

It won't let post the link, smartarse!

jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    PM me the link and I will repost it here for you.
    Spoon Barbell Club

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Love over fear

Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Your depth looks pretty good. But we really need to see your torso as well.
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would honestly just get in the gym and stick the bar on your shoulders.

The technique for a back squat and an air squat are different and so are the mechanics.

Also, almost no one in the gym will know how to squat anyway so at worst you'll blend right in.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I dont mean to discourage you but the form is quite bad.
    1. Your feet are spaced out way too much. They are supposed to be pointing outwards but only a little.
    2. Your knees are going too far forward. They are going past your toes.
    3. You need more depth. It isnt enough.
    4. I can kind of see your torso and i can see that you lean forward a little bit. Avoid that.
    Check out this video and practice them. You WILL get better.

Good Luck.

Originally Posted by MegaExtent View Post
    I dont mean to discourage you but the form is quite bad.
    1. Your feet are spaced out way too much. They are supposed to be pointing outwards but only a little.
    2. Your knees are going too far forward. They are going past your toes.
    3. You need more depth. It isnt enough.
    4. I can kind of see your torso and i can see that you lean forward a little bit. Avoid that.
    Check out this video and practice them. You WILL get better.

Good Luck.
    No not discouraging at all this is the kind of feedback i was looking for. I know my form is very bad and I don't want to do my knees or back in.
    But yeah I know my knees are a major problem. Whatever I do I cannot for the life of me keeping them from going past my toes.
    But Thanks for the video. It's the most informative video I've watched so far. Definitely going try the wall squat and the box squat to perfect my form
    Thank you

catkitt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) catkitt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) catkitt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) catkitt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) catkitt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) catkitt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) catkitt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) catkitt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) catkitt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) catkitt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) catkitt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I like your rug.

Originally Posted by catkitt View Post
    I like your rug.
    This made me LOL

Thank you